Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got a CT whale white jersey but not sure who I want to put on it. I have it down to Avery, Zuccarello, McIlrath, Kreider.

Would like to go with McIlrath but I'm afraid it won't pan out. Anyone else of note wear these jerseys? other suggestions?

03447294423915-vi.jpg

but he'll probably get traded next season. I also recommend Kreider or Miller. I sent out a white one to get Kreider on it, but got lucky and picked up this gamer before it arrived. I traded the Kreider immediately.

Edited by thebiggoalie

Did McDonough wear the white in this style?

If McD was around long enough in CT to wear a white jersey he would have worn the 1st year white that had the white base with light/dark blue wave stripes. His green jersey was the style with the Y collar and traditional cut because he was there briefly CT's 1st season till he got the call up then never returned and I don;t think he was around when they finally got the green edge jerseys.

Edited by Richter9377

TN9A8pUl.jpg

I wasn’t going to get one of these since the Devils were blown out in the 2014 SS game, but considering that no one besides the baron can get retro 2.0’s, and the Devils do not appear to be getting a winter classic game anytime soon, I pulled the trigger. I’m glad I did, the jersey is fantastic.

When it comes to Devils jerseys, I like to get a player that nobody has, but a player who has done something noteworthy on the Devils or is noteworthy in general (not too obscure to where it isn’t worth dropping 300+ for it). Most Devils fans have Elias’s, Stevens’s, and Brodeurs’s, and that probably will be the trend for years to come.

Options:

Elias: First guy comes to mind, Humble Devils legend, 2 goals in the SS game. But like I said, he’s been a Devils regular since 97; every Devils fan has an Elias jersey. When reebok first made retro 1.0’s, Elias was the popular choice then, so there’s plenty of real (and fake) Elias retro jerseys amongst Devils fans.

Brodeur: Had a terrible SS game, unfortunately it will probably be the last moment Devils fans remember about Brodeur in a Devils jersey, and it’s a sour one. I wouldn't want to have a reminder of that. Also Brodeur jerseys will always be abundant amongst Devils fans, including fake retro Brodeurs.

Greene: Didn’t wear the “A” in this game although he did most of the year. Solid underrated player, actually a candidate to become the captain when Salvador leaves. I would rather have a Greene jersey with a Captain patch.

Henrique: I like him but probably my least favorite Devil on this list. Similar to Greene, he also may be the captain or at least will have an “A” in his future.

Jagr: Probably who I’m going to go with. Most people may react “Whut” but Jagr is exactly the type of player I’m going for. Always was a fan, Hall of Famer, a jersey you will rarely see at Devils games 10 years from now, and of his 1.5 year stint with the Devils, his most noteworthy moment in a Devils uniform may arguably be the 2014 SS game and had a good one with 2 assists.

Schneider: Played the 3rd period of the game, I could rip the SS patch if I want to pay homage to his awesome performance against the Penguins this month but I think that’s overdoing it. Schneider might be a Devils staple but growing up in the Brodeur era, it would be weird for me to wear a goalie jersey that isn’t Brodeur’s.

If I remove the SS patch and consider 14’-15’ players, I could take a chance on Severson, or go with an oddball like Tootoo…but 10 years from now, Jagr’s legacy will be remembered, while it’s too early to determine if Schneider, Greene, Henrique or Severson will have left a permanent noteworthy mark on the game or the Devils.

/over-analyzation

Edited by likeaboss2

I went with Elias on my SS. I didn't have another Elias jersey at the time so it seemed appropriate.

Brodeur works but he was absolutely brutal in that game. Not that his actual performance in that one game should matter, he's still a legend.

I plan on getting a second one at some point, and when/if I do, I am going with Jagr as well. I loved having him here for the time he was here and you can never go wrong with getting a sure HOFer and hockey legend on your jersey.

Can't go wrong with JJ.

He's just one of those lovable guys that nobody can find a reason to hate.

and Guam in 3...2...1...

Couldn't go with brodeur because of how baaad he was for that game. My first choice was an Elias, but I ended up getting him on my white jersey. in the end I ended up going with zajac. He scored a goal in that game, wore an A, and should be with the devils for a while. Plus he never piles up tons of points, but I've always really loved the way he plays. Easy decision for me.

Picked up an Albany Ddvils premier against my better judgment despite their quality, since I never find 2.0s in my size. I figured I would have EPS do it during the spring sale and I'm all in at $90, not too bad.

My first thought was Henrique, since I don't have one. If o do, do I go with the number he wore longer (17) or the number he's known for now (14, he also had an A at that time).

Or, other ideas?

I've always wanted a henrique #17, which is probably what I'll do when I get around to getting an Albany devils jersey. My next choice would be a gelinas #24. Could always go with a larsson or kinkaid too.

Oh and have you seen those practice jerseys they have? I looked at them at the team shop a few days ago and they are pretty nice. Online they have them up to a size 58, white or black for $175. Figured I'd let you know as it's always another option.

Edited by JoeM7392

I've always wanted a henrique #17, which is probably what I'll do when I get around to getting an Albany devils jersey. My next choice would be a gelinas #24. Could always go with a larsson or kinkaid too.

Oh and have you seen those practice jerseys they have? I looked at them at the team shop a few days ago and they are pretty nice. Online they have them up to a size 58, white or black for $175. Figured I'd let you know as it's always another option.

I think Henrique 17 is how I'm going.

I have seen the practice jerseys, I'm considering adding one of those at some point.

I had a white 56 on eBay a few days ago that I lost for around $60 because I wasn't paying attention. It would have been a little too big but I would have dealt with it for 1/3 of the price, plus the seller was 5 minutes from me. Oh well, I liked the black more anyway.

Yeah I saw that one, was a good price. I too prefer the black but I'd have dealt with white for that price.

Really really dumb question, especially coming from someone who posts as frequently as I do: The Reebok vectormarks are for the early 1.0s, correct? So my blank black Stars with the Reebok name on the neck should be customized with a guy who played right before they went green... I think.

2012/13 season with the 20th patch.

The vector logo is for any Reebok jersey up to 2011, be it a 6100, 1.0 or 2.0. You can also customize your jersey for 2011-12 if you wanted to, without the patch.

• 2 weeks later...

Got another red New Jersey Devils Ultrafil, just because it was available, and now I have no idea who to put on it. It was advertised as goalie cut, but I have it in my hands now and it is not. So, my potential options are:

1. Sergei Brylin. Was here for all 3 cups, and I never had a Brylin.

2. Bobby Holik. Was a great Devil, but he did leave in free agency and signed with the Rangers which I do not like.

3. Bruce Driver. He was around a while, was a great Devil, and he's still involved with the team.

4. Slava Fetisov. Also a guy that was around a long time, great defenseman.

The guys that are off my list by virtue of me already having red jerseys of theirs are Stevens, Niedermayer, Daneyko and Brodeur.

Anyone have an opinion on any of the above guys, or anyone else?

Oh, and I need to know ASAP, my EPS spring sale box is finally ready to go out!

Randy McKay should also be in this mix. Or Stephane Richer?

Too many choices!!

Edited by mfitz804

Didn't Gilmour wear only airknit Devils jerseys?