It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm being extra slow tonight, because I don't get that reference, but Crosby is the best player in the game. Sorry.

Jonathan Toews is the best all-around player in the game. Crosby is a better offensive player than Toews, but Toews is the complete package...and the intangibles such as leadership are invaluable.

So does Jonathan Toews actually play defense? That also counts as part of hockey too. :blush:

Nice pickup FlyHighGuys, the customization looks pretty cool. I got my blank 2011 WC jersey last week but I haven't gotten around to take some pictures of it. But when I do it'll be on here. :thumbsup:

Nice pickups all around guys.

I'm being extra slow tonight, because I don't get that reference, but Crosby is the best player in the game. Sorry.

Funny, There was a guy at the Wachovia Center a few years back that said to me "Crosby is not a superstar and the Pens would never win the cup with Fleury in goal." Guess he was WRONG... I THOUGHT the guy was a fan of the game...Like him or not, even a Flyers' fan has to recognize his talent.

@xcdude....

Great Finnish Pickup....What was the problem with the company? Language translation? Google translater is good in a pinch but overall there is a lot that can be lost.

I actually think Toews, along with Hossa and Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and maybe Kesler, Richards and Crosby, are some of the most complete two-way forwards in the league. I guess one interesting point they share (besides Hossa) is that they're all centers who are pretty good at draws.

Just got this one. This is my 1st edge jersey, not sure if it's 1.0 or 2.0?

That is clearly crap.....can I have it? :thumbsup: JK when i 1st seen the heritage jersey i didnt like it but its been growing on me over the last few months.

I can't believe my hilarity is becoming a meme lol.

And MKII was better.

@xcdude....

Great Finnish Pickup....What was the problem with the company? Language translation? Google translater is good in a pinch but overall there is a lot that can be lost.

It really deserves its own thread, but I'm really tired and have an 8:30 am class in the morning so here goes. KSB Sports-OY is the company that does all the jerseys for HIFK the hockey team that Granlund plays for. Him being a once in a generation talent, they've decided to cash in on him any way possible. TO get one of his regular season jerseys you have to pay around 300 dollars upfront to get your name on a queue for a game jersey of his. This is suspicious because you never know if the jersey is going to have any wear (I got very lucky and chose a white jersey to make sure I'd have a better chance of wear for a photomatch), or if he actually wore the jersey. They also have been known to take the names and numbers off other jerseys upon request so that you can have a "gameworn jersey" of your favorite player!

So because of this I decided that I wanted to get one of Granlund's European Trophy jersey. The European Trophy was born out of the Nordic Cup and is a preseason tournament for the top clubs in different leagues of Europe. Unbeknown to me Mikael Granlund hurt his ankle over the summer playing tennis and only played in the last game. They wore white jerseys in this game, and I thought they had worn their red ones. I ordered his red jersey the day they went on sale (the white jersey had already been sold as it was late at night in Finland), and I had trouble navigating their site. A buddy of mine gladly helped translate me through the process and I entered the wrong address. This got me in touch with Keni Backstrom, my lifesaver. He explained to me this would be a game issued jersey, and since it was GI I'd get Mikael's autograph on it as compensation. This was late August by the way. I was very excited, and about three weeks later this is what I received:

granlund3.jpg

As you can see the jersey on top is midget sized. I know Mikael is small, but as it turns out the jersey on the bottom is similarly sized to the one I got today, thus proving how small this jersey was. I was livid. I paid for a game issued jersey, and essentially got a kids jersey autographed by Granlund. So I emailed Mr. Backstrom and got this explanation: turns out all the jerseys they ordered for the European trophy were ridiculously small, so the team needed to adjust them to make them the right size. Obviously there was more than one game issued Granlund sold, and mine just "fell through the cracks." I basically asked for a refund, and the company gave me three options. 1. was get my money back 2. was get a retail authentic granlund jersey and some money back 3. was get put on the queue for a Granlund jersey. Number three was not originally expressed I had to demand that basically.

Knowing the risks I placed myself on the queue for a White Granlund jersey. It was about 10 games into the season, and I was fifth on the white queue. It was a lot quicker than being around eight or ninth for a red jersey, and a white jersey would be easier to prove that it was worn as it could be photomatched easier. About eight games later Granlund messes up a check and runs headfirst into the boards and sustains a massive concussion. This is around late October early November by the way. So I have about three people ahead of me on the queue I'm pretty sure and no one knows when this kid is going to come back. He misses the World Juniors (and I was very upset to not get to see him!) and has a few set backs in his road to recovery. During this time I'm not in contact with KSB because he is not playing. So late January rolls around and Granlund finally comes back from his concussion. I notice this an immediately email KSB wondering where I am on the queue. Turns out if he doesn't get reinjured my jersey will be worn on February 15th. It is this late as there is a big break around the Winter Classic for HIFK.

So very upset that it is taking about six months for me to get a jersey I ask KSB about the availability of Winter Classic posters because I feel the company owes me. They are out of them unfortunately, but say they may be ordering more. I am not optimistic given their track record and just say thing you for considering this. So February 15th rolls around and my jersey is supposedly worn. I have no idea if it was because I am in America and there is no way to verify this. I hear no word from KSB and start to get very worried. I email them on March 2nd I believe asking what the deal is as I have not gotten confirmation about my jersey. Turns out they were waiting to ship it to me because they ordered a bunch of small Winter Classic Posters to sell (whether this was true or not I question, and I wondered if they just had forgotten). So on March 4th I get confirmation that the jersey is being sent to me in Atlanta. Fast forward 18 days to today. I get an email saying I have a package form Helsinki and get very excited, yet apprehensive. I don't know what to expect. I open it up and there is my jersey with tons of wear which you can see here:

2640830650107043032S425x425Q85.jpg

(finally got that picture to upload!) I also notice some paper in the package. Turns out it is a team photo after the game as well as a small promotional poster! Guess they were telling the truth, even if the post is the size of an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper (beggers can't be choosers). So after SEVEN months I finally have an acceptable Mikael Granlund jersey for the money I paid, and some sweet posters from Finland. I would love for him to sign the team photo, if I ever get to see him in Minny :) Its also nice to get one of his jerseys before they cost over 1K in Minnesota or in Houston (he has too much talent to end up on the Aeroes I believe)! So that's my war with KSB Sports in Helsinki. I would definitely buy from them again as I have some good contacts there now, but man this was an ordeal.

Yeah 2.0's aren't retailed yet. Supposedly next season. Regardless, that's a beautiful Dubi you've got there. Is the patch sewn on? I can't tell from the pictures.

Nah heatpressed:(

That is clearly crap.....can I have it? :thumbsup: JK when i 1st seen the heritage jersey i didnt like it but its been growing on me over the last few months.

Yeah its a piece of junk :stickhndl: And no you cant:) Its a shame they couldnt sew in the numbers on the hem and the 85th patch though.

Nah heatpressed:(

That's ridiculous. For a 400 dollar jersey the least they can do is stitch the patch on.

That's ridiculous. For a 400 dollar jersey the least they can do is stitch the patch on.

It would be madness to pay the $389 they want for it. I didnt pay anywhere near that however :thumbsup:

Just got this one. This is my 1st edge jersey, not sure if it's 1.0 or 2.0?

p1040275q.jpg

p1040276.jpg.

p1040277l.jpg

I think the name on the Dubinsky is off. The name should not be vertical arched it should be arched like a baseball name. I hate to point that out. Sorry.

I think the name on the Dubinsky is off. The name should not be vertical arched it should be arched like a baseball name. I hate to point that out. Sorry.

Traditionally on their regular blues and whites the Rangers use arched names (not radial arc names like on baseball jerseys). For the heritage jerseys, it's weird -it is a radial arc but the amount of the arc is very very slight, and for some names it does look more radial.

Here's a shot of Dubi in a game - you can see it is slightly different than the jersey lfcjari37 posted above, but not by much.

ovechkin-dubinsky-fight.jpg

However on some of the shorter names (like Staal) it seems the radial nature of the names on the heritage gamers is more obvious. Personally I wouldn't be upset with the Dubi authentic, lfcjari37.

Took advantage of the RCS sale. May be once in a blue moon to get one of these and I'm happy about the cut

ubh2v.jpg

Traditionally on their regular blues and whites the Rangers use arched names (not radial arc names like on baseball jerseys). For the heritage jerseys, it's weird -it is a radial arc but the amount of the arc is very very slight, and for some names it does look more radial.

Here's a shot of Dubi in a game - you can see it is slightly different than the jersey lfcjari37 posted above, but not by much.

ovechkin-dubinsky-fight.jpg

However on some of the shorter names (like Staal) it seems the radial nature of the names on the heritage gamers is more obvious. Personally I wouldn't be upset with the Dubi authentic, lfcjari37.

It came from MSG, so who does the customisation there? Is it not done byt the people who do the gamers?

Dont be sorry, constructive criticism is ok and I'm just learning my way around the wonders of jersey collecting :)