EBay

Brilliant!

Clue me and the rest of us in, what gives this away as a fake? The seller doesn't meet many of the usual criteria, such as having multiple sizes or even multiple styles available.

The bottom stripes are stitched together, not woven. The neck looks horrible. The crest is entirely sewn through the body.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clue me and the rest of us in, what gives this away as a fake? The seller doesn't meet many of the usual criteria, such as having multiple sizes or even multiple styles available.

just about everything other than the colors! front crest (style of face and the stitching), how the front crest is sewn into the jersey (it's sewn into the tan head which is then sewn into the jersey), how the stripes are stitching individually like many current rbk style jerseys, the collar, the fight strap, and i don't see the double shoulder stitching

CCM authentic from that era looked like this

photo4-vi.jpg

just about everything other than the colors! front crest (style of face and the stitching), how the front crest is sewn into the jersey (it's sewn into the tan head which is then sewn into the jersey), how the stripes are stitching individually like many current rbk style jerseys, the collar, the fight strap, and i don't see the double shoulder stitching

the crest is the biggest giveaway, its the same awful looking 'smiling indian' the fakers use on the newer jerseys. and everything mdwsta4 just stated. it's an obvious fake, and that worries me that these are around now.

That crest is embroidered directly into the jersey too. You can see it in the image with the fight strap...which by the way is also bad. It looks like the NHL shield is way too far away from the CCM logo too. The arm font is too thin and the name font is too thick. That thing is a real mess.

oh, and CCM never made size 50, just 48 and 52. although I wish they did make 50's. 48 fits me great, but the sleeves are just slightly too short. 52 sleeves are great, but the rest of the jersey is just a bit too big on me.

the crest is the biggest giveaway, its the same awful looking 'smiling indian' the fakers use on the newer jerseys. and everything mdwsta4 just stated. it's an obvious fake, and that worries me that these are around now.

Actually CCM did make size 50 but it was usually reserved for the on-ice jerseys. I know that Dino Ciccarelli and Paul Coffey wore size 50 for a time. Dave Gagner too.

In addition to the crest that you guys point out, what gets me on that 'Hawks jersey is the size of the "7" on the sleeve. I can tell that numbering is slightly too thick to be legit or "authentic" customization and I bet if the seller had a more up close image, the 7 would be shiny and you could see the stitching flaws. But I agree, it looks fake. Obviously you have to be REALLY careful when looking at 'Hawks jerseys on ebay these days especially since they just won the Stanley Cup and the fact their merchandise will be in great demand for a while now.

It looks like the shoulder patches are missing. I think I've seen this jersey worn at a game at Quicken Loans Arena. There was a guy wearing a Wild Wing last season. I noticed that one of the shoulder patches was coming unglued and was about half way off. Although I could be wrong, I think that this is the same jersey.

Definitely fake. The set tag should be white and the swoosh is waaaay too fat. I've seen those versions as Shanahan before. I guess they're trying to make more money with Yzerman now.

$350 and it has a bid! Doesn't the Nike swoosh look off - like a griffenfood special?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110576483937&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

that whole thing looks off....and its a special, just not in a good way :P

Wow, I'm still amazed that crap like that sells on ebay and whats more amazing is that they usually sell for higher that a real authentic jersey. :noway:

that is ugly, that NHL shield looks like a dried up turd all squished

that is ugly, that NHL shield looks like a dried up turd all squished

:lol:

Wow, there are so many darn flaws with that jersey that it's hilarious! Just to point out a few: the patches (SC Centennial and co-captain's A) are crooked, the sleeves are so freaking thin, and yeah, the customization looks like $**T!!!

Would any American friend be willing to buy this Sens jersey and then ship it to Canada for me?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140444810356&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I will be willing to as long as you pay for the shipping.I actually messaged the seller about two of his other jerseys

Would this be worth getting it and having it stripped and customized to #66 Lemieux?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130425886148&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Would this be worth getting it and having it stripped and customized to #66 Lemieux?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130425886148&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

If it goes for around $50 I say yes. Costly to strip some jerseys.

Why he has number and letter sizes both in the auction is strange but the picture is of an authentic.

I was thinking about getting that to make it a LeClair. Oh well, someday...