EBay

Brilliant!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would be all over that, but i don't need another blank burger king taht will never get customized, due to the fact that the only name anyone will do is Gretzky :(...

Wow, at $80 already with a few days left. I hate to see what that thing is going to go for when it's all said and done...

Wow, at $80 already with a few days left. I hate to see what that thing is going to go for when it's all said and done...

Especially for a replica. I would like to see the value of an authentic!

Especially for a replica. I would like to see the value of an authentic!

For what the replica's sell for I would fully expect an authentic, if one ever popped up, to sell for around $1000. Same goes for the wildwing.

Those two jerseys were never retailed authentic.

True, but blank game issued jerseys exist for both, or at least they did.

Those two jerseys were never retailed authentic.

Because of that I would think it makes sense that the replicas go for what they do - in the hundreds of dollars range. Last week a Wildwing replica went for $300 and I think I commented on it a couple of pages ago on this thread. I'm not surprised though because to me there is a big difference between a game worn and a replica - for ANY jersey. God I could only imagine how much the game worns go for..... :blink:

Authentics may have never retailed, but I have heard of people turning replica burger kings and wildwings into "authentics" by adding a fight strap. To me that would ruin the jersey and decrease its value. I would much rather have a replica of one of those than some "authentic" version that never really existed in stores. Might as well try and find a game worn then.

Ended early. I wonder what someone offered to make them end it.

He was probably offered $40 and took it. He probably thought that the jersey wouldn't go over $25.

to answer your question botht he wild wing and bk gamers sell between 2k to 4k depending on the wear and the name of the player. the last Bk on ebay went for 2k it was a patrice tardif and the last auctioned one was steven finn that went for near 2.5k at classic.

As for the wildwing there is currently one for sale on MEIGRAY IT IS A TODD EWEN with minimal wear 2.5 k is the price.

I have never seen a pro authentic either however there have been at least 4 Wildwing game issued blanks that have popped up. there value is probably in the 1000-1500

Replicas go from 200-500 and are also pretty rare

The Bk listed is not well titled usulally when people look for the KINGS 1995-1996 ALTERNATE THEY SEARCH BK OR "BURGER KING JERSEY"

so this is a chance for a good investement and return to make some cash...you simply buy this at say100-150$ range and then relist it "Burger King jersey" and you should make at least an easy 50$ not a bad turn over in my opinion

Hey what do i know..... oh ya!! i have done it say 35 times!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Extrememely-Rare-Quebec-Nordiques-Joe-Sakic-jersey-sz56-/160470278929?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop

I can't tell very much from the color of the photos, but it seems off to me?

I'd consider it, but could use some input from those of who have seen them more frequently than I have. If it's a fake then obviously it's out of the question.

Edited by Shenanigans

i have one... its one of my fav jerseys... i dont see how its a FAKE if it was NEVER PRODUCED... but to each its own i guess... i think the jersey is of amazing quality, and shows what could have been one of the coolest jerseys EVER!...

i am going to regret saying this but Bjbd is right it is not a fake. it is fan made jersey by a notorious fake seller. He has a company in china that makes the ejrseys for him based on his designs. That being said the jersey looks nice and there is a certain bit of nostalgia about buying a what if jersey.

However we have all discussed this many time and as a hobby we should not support people like this who mass produce crap to mislead and rip off the unsuspecting. If you really want the jersey go for it im sure it cost him at least 60$ to make it and then factor shipping , his time ect...its not that bad

But there is a moral question of supporting a seller who has ripped of dozens of unsuspecting people.

For me its a no!!

but Bjd is right

i think thats a first here...

like i said to each its own...for one i did not know the guys history prior to buying the jersey but i saw the jersey and JUMPED on it... because its awesome if any one want detailed pics due to the fact their in limbo of getting it or not lmk what you want and ill be glad to take pics...

Just for the record, a reproduction of a jersey that never existed isn't a fake item. But it isn't a genuine item either. That's enough to turn me off of it. That and the guy who's peddling it.

bjd you are such a great member herein this forum i just cant understand for the life of me why you dont focus on building a legitimate collection of jerseys that come from reputable sources. To each there own yes but you have such energy and potential you could be a respected and serious collector, Its great you want to have every replica on earth but as an investment it does not make much sense and as a collector even less. for these replicas you have bought and customized you could have a solid collection of pro authentics and maybe some gamers. It is you right to collect whatever you want but its sort of like driving with your feet, ya you can drive with your feet but common sense says drive with your hands.

Encouraging people to buy from a known Thief is not what the hobby is about, i have truly been lucky in meeting great people in the hobby i made a huge transaction for the pronger and roenick gamers with never even the fear of being robbed. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with the guy telling him how i got outbid for the roenick on classics and other stories . that's what the hobby is about not customizing replica jerseys.

Hey then again what do i know

OK, I just deleted 19 posts where this thread turned into a private conversation and took off in an entirely new direction. The post above is a perfect example of where and when to use the private messaging system. Please refrain from turning this board into your own personal chat forum and keep the threads clean and on topic for everyone else. Thanks.