EBay

Brilliant!

beware this seller from 'good old indiana', I noticed none of his pictures matched and had him send me pics of the actual jerseys he was selling. nothing but fakes, he's just taking pics from other auctions of legit jerseys and using them. hence the 'you are bidding on the jersey in the title description' disclaimer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marian-Hossa-blackhawks-jersey-NWT-size-52-NEW-3RD-/200521998678?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2eb00ae156

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hate people who do this. Anyone who recognizes their pictures should blow the whistle on him to eBay and have the listings removed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/230-00-CALGARY-FLAMES-AUTHENTIC-JERSEY-free-shipping-/270635471270?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3f032191a6#ht_500wt_949

From what I can tell this a heck of a deal, but I am not a Flames fan. I could not justify this one to my wife. Please let me know if there is something I am missing that makes this a fake, but to me, it has all the signs of the real deal.

It's most likely legit, the Flames team store was selling them for $199 in the summer so they probably got one there and are just flipping it for a bit of profit.

It's most likely legit, the Flames team store was selling them for $199 in the summer so they probably got one there and are just flipping it for a bit of profit.

might want to check out that auction one more time...

on another note, I hate eBay + paypal

9% seller fee

3% currency conversion fee for withdraw *they force Canadians to only CDN funds when withdrawing to a bank account, so even though I have a USD account with my bank, they're making that 3+% conversion rate on me

3% approx for receiving fees on paypal

fdjalfdjkl;af

the worst is when you sell something with a high buy it now price, the one time i had 17 dollars or so taken from me right off the back because of the bin

might want to check out that auction one more time...

Fair enough! I just casually read the auction title and didn't even think to look at the price. Well, if their goal was to flip for a quick little profit they clearly failed. But it was relisted for like $50, so maybe its just a better looking fake than most Flames ones after all.

I swear, any place that allows something like this to happen should be fire-bombed.

leafs-vi.jpg

This crap makes my blood boil. Not only did they use a horrible font, but the garbage was practically spot-welded on. Why ruin such a beautiful jersey? Hopefully, a new kit can cover it all up enough.

I swear, any place that allows something like this to happen should be fire-bombed.

leafs-vi.jpg

This crap makes my blood boil. Not only did they use a horrible font, but the garbage was practically spot-welded on. Why ruin such a beautiful jersey? Hopefully, a new kit can cover it all up enough.

It also sucks when they use 500 yards of thread to sew on the crappy customization - after you final get it all off, the jersey has holes in it.

######, that's pretty rough. The name will be easy to cover but hopefully the new numbers will cover that crap. Did you want to keep it a Potvin when you first got it?

Not necessarily. I was hoping to get it clean and maybe turn it into a Wendel or a Killer or somebody popular. I don't really have a choice now though which really blows. It's really just a money-maker for me hopefully. If I can get it done up nice without any scarring, it'll go back up for sale. If not, I might just bite the bullet and use it as spare parts.

Not necessarily. I was hoping to get it clean and maybe turn it into a Wendel or a Killer or somebody popular. I don't really have a choice now though which really blows. It's really just a money-maker for me hopefully. If I can get it done up nice without any scarring, it'll go back up for sale. If not, I might just bite the bullet and use it as spare parts.

Potvin was very popular up here in the early to mid 90's when the Leafs had their two runs to the conferance finals. Throw a 100th anniversary patch on that and it will be a beauty. Did you use anything when you peeled off the numbers? I ask because I started to use this stuff from goo-gone that's called painters pal. I stopped using goof-off because the smell is so horrible and because it can cause bleeding so I picked up the painters pal and have been happy with it. I take out all the stitches and then flip the jersey inside out and coat the letters/numbers in the stuff. After like 5 or 10 minutes I'll go back and they'll peel right off leaving no trace expect the stitch holes. I used it on my white nordiques jersey and it worked great. I thought I was going to have problems with the red staining the white but there wasn't a trace after I was done.

No, I just peeled them off as best I could. You see what the result was unfortunately. Does the Painters' Pal stuff work on removing the glue or just softening it to take off the twill? I'm probably gonna go out and grab some more of something tomorrow to give it a shot.

No, I just peeled them off as best I could. You see what the result was unfortunately. Does the Painters' Pal stuff work on removing the glue or just softening it to take off the twill? I'm probably gonna go out and grab some more of something tomorrow to give it a shot.

It's advertised as being for dried paint and stuff like that. I don't thik it will remove what you have there but if it was used before peeling the numbers off it MAY have softened it up enough where it wouldn't stick to the ultrafil like that leaving most of it behind. The painter's pal isn't a liquid like goof-off, it's a gel and when I coat the back of the numbers I really rub it in well to break the bond between the twill and fabric. After that the twill peels off very easily.

Figures. Oh well. There's always next time. I'm gonna see what the Goof-Off gets off tomorrow and then take it to a dry cleaners to see what they can do with it. I figure I'm gonna have to order a Potvin kit too so I can see if everything gets covered up. If not, hello fight strap and Maple Leafs ultrafil nameplates! I hate tearing apart such a great jersey but if it can't get fixed, there's really nothing else I can do.

Figures. Oh well. There's always next time. I'm gonna see what the Goof-Off gets off tomorrow and then take it to a dry cleaners to see what they can do with it. I figure I'm gonna have to order a Potvin kit too so I can see if everything gets covered up. If not, hello fight strap and Maple Leafs ultrafil nameplates! I hate tearing apart such a great jersey but if it can't get fixed, there's really nothing else I can do.

I ended up doing that to my first blue ultrafil Gilmour that I burned with an iron. I sold the fight strap and have a bunch of blue ultrafil nameplates now.

If it ends up being a tear apart I'll take some of the Ultrafil and make a contribution to help you recover some of the costs!