EBay

Brilliant!

I thought the term "replithentic" was invented to describe jerseys where they company issued a version that was somewhere between the authentic and the replica. M&N, despite their mistakes, puts out "authentics," IMO. Maybe it's just semantics, but I wouldn't hesitate to advertise an M&N as authentic.

That's a good point, I guess my definition is slightly different. To me I was using the term for something between a replica and an authentic jersey. I guess you could argue Mitchell and Ness jerseys are "authentic" to an extent. I know they try and use materials, customization, and styles from the era in which the jerseys are made from. I guess one could consider that "authentic." I was always under the impression Mitchell and Ness jerseys are replicas versions of jerseys that are made like authentic-style jerseys. Meaning, they are meant to be similar to authentics from different eras, but they aren't actual authentic jerseys from then. I could be wrong. This is just my impression. M&N would tell you different. They would say their jerseys are really "authentic" from whenever the jersey was made since they are almost exactly like the jersey they are reproducing.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good point, I guess my definition is slightly different. To me I was using the term for something between a replica and an authentic jersey. I guess you could argue Mitchell and Ness jerseys are "authentic" to an extent. I know they try and use materials, customization, and styles from the era in which the jerseys are made from. I guess one could consider that "authentic." I was always under the impression Mitchell and Ness jerseys are replicas versions of jerseys that are made like authentic-style jerseys. Meaning, they are meant to be similar to authentics from different eras, but they aren't actual authentic jerseys from then. I could be wrong. This is just my impression. M&N would tell you different. They would say their jerseys are really "authentic" from whenever the jersey was made since they are almost exactly like the jersey they are reproducing.

I think we pretty much agree - I guess my point was more that "authentic" seems to be an acceptable way to describe a high-end re-make. Personally, I far prefer vintage authentics to "Vintage Authentics."

whats up with this one, i dont really collect all star jerseys but ive never seen this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bobby-Orr-NHL-all-star-actual-game-jersey-hockey-/230527968225?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item35ac89a3e1

whats up with this one, i dont really collect all star jerseys but ive never seen this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bobby-Orr-NHL-all-star-actual-game-jersey-hockey-/230527968225?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item35ac89a3e1

I've seen that jersey type before. Not sure of what to make of it. I could be wrong, but I really question whether it is authentic or not. Could be a reproduction.

Wow. That is the smallest authentic I've ever seen too. :blink:

Wow. That is the smallest authentic I've ever seen too. :blink:

The crazy thing is its probably real, in 95/96 i remember a local sports store chain picked up a load of Pens and Kings CCM after the contracts/styles changed and they had a load of those Pens in 36, 38, and 42....why they made them that size I can't understand.....

He deals in a lot of obscure things you probably won't find anywhere else. It's a grey area. You are getting a modern reproduction of an otherwise unavailable jersey. To me, a fake or a knockoff is an attempt to bypass licensing fees and undercut the legit jersey maker. If I want a 1976 Canada Cup Czechoslovakia Stastny jersey, I'd buy from him.

I've had one of his jerseys before and it was made to a very nice level of quality and the only reason I parted with it was due to it's size being way too big for me.

Here is his website and a quote from it. https://vintagehockeyclassics.com/Home_Page.html

"We specialize in jerseys of defunct teams and therefore we do not sell mass produced licensed products associated with the major sports leagues. "

To me, he's filling a niche and not trying to make copies of Canucks, Rangers or Penguins jerseys like ebay seller Griffenfood.

Thanks man thats very helpful and pretty cool, like you said its a grey area but a pretty cool grey area lol. again thanks for sharing the knowledge

If hes not paying licensing fees/royalties etc. to use the teams' trademarks & logos, then hes no better than counterfeiters in the sense that hes still manufacturing for profit.

If hes not paying licensing fees/royalties etc. to use the teams' trademarks & logos, then hes no better than counterfeiters in the sense that hes still manufacturing for profit.

Indeed. Just because a team is defunct does not mean that the logos and names are now royalty-free. Seattle (WHL) has worn Totems jerseys before but paid the rights holder to do so and also to auction them off.

This looks good to me. If it is somebody hurry and grab it.

Cheap lemieux 6100

Looks good to me. Nice find.:)

EDIT: Oh my bad.

That Lemieux is a fake

What's giving it away? I thought I was pretty good at spotting them but the customization looks right, the front crest looks right. Is it the fight strap? It looks small but hard to tell from the pics.

What's giving it away? I thought I was pretty good at spotting them but the customization looks right, the front crest looks right. Is it the fight strap? It looks small but hard to tell from the pics.

Two things:

1) The black outline of the Vector logo on the back neck is way to thick

2) Check the third pic. What's the material of the jersey? I have never seen edge material on a 6100 in my entire life

I was thinking the same thing. There's no way that's air-knit. It almost looks like Premier material. The back numbers look awfully puffy in the zoomed pictures too.

That's why I love this board, the knowledge pool is fantastic.

True that. My eyes betrayed me on that one.

That's why I love this board, the knowledge pool is fantastic.

These guys are amazing, im never purchasing something on ebay without posting it here first