My Mission Impossible jersey is truly an Impossible find at the moment because Nike and IIHF never sold authentics or replica's of this jersey from the 2008 World Hockey Championship. The team Russia throwback jersey is something I will probably never own since the players didn't even get to keep them. Many of them were amazing looking but for me the Russia jersey was my favorite. Having the "CCCP" on it reminded me of years pasts when I marveled at the skill of the Soviet teams and dreamed when their players would arrive in the NHL. The only thing I would change is that there was no room to put a modern nameplate on the back but I guess I'm ok with the decision to keep it as close to the original jersey. I'm so desperate to own this jersey that I would love for another jersey company to make a replica of it.

ovechkin_retro1.jpg

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/unitedpatch_HO...634Q2ec0Q2em322

Are the patches from this seller legit? Thanks.

I'm not going to hesitate to call those reproductions. Nobody's got 10 "Canuck Place" patches. No one. The "waffle weave" fabric those are on looks different from the old ones.

The Cullen "memorial" patches are supposed to be green screen printed onto white twill. His are white stitching embroidered onto green twill. By the way, Cullen's not dead! Calling that a memorial patch is slightly off the mark.

I'm not going to hesitate to call those reproductions. Nobody's got 10 "Canuck Place" patches. No one. The "waffle weave" fabric those are on looks different from the old ones.

The Cullen "memorial" patches are supposed to be green screen printed onto white twill. His are white stitching embroidered onto green twill. By the way, Cullen's not dead! Calling that a memorial patch is slightly off the mark.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WASHINGTON-CAPITALS-20...34.c0.m14.l1262

http://cgi.ebay.com/NHL-GARTH-BROOKS-FOUND...34.c0.m14.l1262

These are the two I am looking at. Are they both reproductions?

The real teammates for kids patches do not have serifs on the letters.

2524140970100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

For some reason the logo graphic does, but the actual patches did not. The fake patches were made based off of the logo and as a result use the wrong font. There's also to edging to the knockoff.

I see very little to complain about with the Capitals patch though.

2747501300100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

Maybe a few differences in the red outline around the "th", but nothing obviously wrong.

Compared to the one from NHLPatches.info it doesn't look right at all:

nhl_katrina.jpg

You are right. Completely the wrong color. I don't really trust nhlpatches.info though, that site uses reproductions and sometimes they are kinda off - look at the Yzerman retirement patch. If I had actually done my research I could have found this from a gamer:

post-1173-1251293765_thumb.jpg

NHLPatches is pretty good most times, especially as a starting point before jumping to the arduous task of trying to find a gamer pic.

The ebay Katrina patch is a fake. Fakes can be detected by the lack of a finished edge. The fake patches often have shiny, wavy backing fabric when compared to original patches. This applies to many other reproduced patches. Once you learn to spot this one thing, it will eliminate many fakes from your consideration.

The ebay Katrina patch is a fake. Fakes can be detected by the lack of a finished edge. The fake patches often have shiny, wavy backing fabric when compared to original patches. This applies to many other reproduced patches. Once you learn to spot this one thing, it will eliminate many fakes from your consideration.

I have a hard time figuring out which patches are originals or reproductions. For instance, I've been ordering a lot of older patches recently from RCS and Murf & Pat. They do look like the originals so I figure they are old stock but I'm not 100% sure. For instance, the NHL 75th patch is 18 years old now and they only produced them for one season. I'm really not sure if what I got was a really good reproduction or an original from 1991 that was never used.

I have a hard time figuring out which patches are originals or reproductions. For instance, I've been ordering a lot of older patches recently from RCS and Murf & Pat. They do look like the originals so I figure they are old stock but I'm not 100% sure. For instance, the NHL 75th patch is 18 years old now and they only produced them for one season. I'm really not sure if what I got was a really good reproduction or an original from 1991 that was never used.

I just ordered a bunch from RCS and some of them don't match too well against the ones on nhlpatches.info

There are two versions of the Teammates for Kids patch available, one with serif letters and one without. The one without serifs is the one the players wore and is available from this ebay listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-NHL-GARTH-BROOKS-...emZ140343463797

So I picked up a 1998 Stanley Cup finals patch which I know is authentic but when comparing it to a 1996 Stanley Cup patch I got as a free bonus when I won a jersey on Ebay, the 1996 patch is smaller. I've notice also that the 1996 patch I have has no glue backing to it. So is my 1996 patch a fake? Here is a picture of both patches.

3795904437_2b6338d8ef_d.jpg

Looks like you got these from RCS, but I have come to the conclusion that their 98 Cup patch is a reproduction. Compared to this:

http://www.capsjerseys.com/pics/patches_98cup.jpg

You can see that the "W" and "E" are position too high on the RCS patch and also the letters for "Stanley Cup" are too tall. The corners also should not be sharp like the RCS patch. Other places that sell the 98 Cup patch are reasonably similar to the patch on the gamer.

Also the patch from RCS appears to have ® Registered Trademark symbols next to NHL shield and the words Stanely Cup, along with TM below the cup image, whereas the gamer patch does not.

Also the patch from RCS appears to have ® Registered Trademark symbols next to NHL shield and the words Stanely Cup, along with TM below the cup image, whereas the gamer patch does not.

Thanks guam and akteon, I would have never thought that the 98 patch would have been a total reproduction. So is my 1996 patch is an original since it is missing the ® Registered Trademark from the Stlanley Cup?

The 1996 patch should have the copyright next to the shield, and it looks like it does in your picture. I am not sure about the size of the patch itself though.

Those IIHF patches look like RCS reproductions too since they don't have the edge around it. I just got one for what will soon be my Parise WJC jersey, but now that I see it isn't the same as the ones they used, I'm not sure if I want to put it on my jersey or just leave it blank and hope a more accurate patch pops up eventually.

Those IIHF patches look like RCS reproductions too since they don't have the edge around it. I just got one for what will soon be my Parise WJC jersey, but now that I see it isn't the same as the ones they used, I'm not sure if I want to put it on my jersey or just leave it blank and hope a more accurate patch pops up eventually.

It's been several years since I've seen any original IIHF patches available. The ones from RCS seem to be the only option.

Does anyone know the material of the real 1997-98 Lightning cullen clover patch?I have seen two different ones..one has a rubber material and the other is a cloth material?lmk thanks

It's been several years since I've seen any original IIHF patches available. The ones from RCS seem to be the only option.

Well that's unfortunate. I seem to have lost the patch anyway in the process of moving back to school so I guess that answers that dilemma for me at least until I find it again.

The one with the rubber material is the correct one. That's what the Lightning used back then.

Ok thanks so much..now i need to find some

• TMLFAN locked this topic