Measurements Help

Van67

In a nutshell, I got a box back today and I'm in a mood. Some of it is on me, some not (will divulge when I'm in a better mood because it will need a review in this community lol). The part that's on me is I did not seek out specific measurements for some things and I'm hoping for some help for when I get around to having it all fixed. 

Whalers 92-93 - size of letters for the name.

Sharks 94-95 - size of letters for the name.

Capitals 97-98 - size of numbers (back and arms) and letters for the name.

Cheers.

Here are the pics... Gamer on top, what I have on the bottom.

Capitals: Arm numbers I got are fine. Back numbers: Easiest way to tell they are too small, is the bottom left, which is well into the black stripe on what is likely a bigger jersey than my 52. Letters on the nameplate are also clearly bigger on the gamer.

4v6c2cx.jpg

WRWXXNZ.jpg

Sharks: Numbers are fine. Main reason this needs fixing is incorrect nameplate material, so I want to be sure I have every detail specified when getting a new nameplate. The gamer seems like the letters are a bit taller and stretched compared to what I got. 

30FHCyM.jpg

6YJw3d9.jpg

Whalers: Numbers are fine. Difference in size of the letters of the nameplate is not much. Even I need to look at it a little close to see it, but if I'm going to get some new nameplates done.... when in Rome. 

pPPnYBT.jpg

T2VoPJw.jpg

Edited by Van67

16 minutes ago, Van67 said:

Sharks: Numbers are fine. Main reason this needs fixing is incorrect nameplate material, so I want to be sure I have every detail specified when getting a new nameplate. The gamer seems like the letters are a bit taller and stretched compared to what I got. 

30FHCyM.jpg

6YJw3d9.jpg

That Larionov is a beaut. Can’t wait to get the one of these done up eventually.

I think from reading the other threads we all know whose work this is.  But, aside from that, if you asked the customizer if they could recreate the jersey you wanted, and they said yes, then I would think that you should expect as close a match to a gamer as possible.  I don't have much experience with these three teams, but I wouldn't be happy with that Caps at all. It looks really off to me.  Letters and number look too small.

The Sharks looks pretty good, aside from the nameplate material (which, he should have asked you if you were ok using Flo-Knit on an Air-Knit jersey).

Whalers looks good to me, maybe the sleeve numbers are a little off.

Edited by jsh139

29 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I think from reading the other threads we all know whose work this is.  But, aside from that, if you asked the customizer if they could recreate the jersey you wanted, and they said yes, then I would think that you should expect as close a match to a gamer as possible.  I don't have much experience with these three teams, but I wouldn't be happy with that Caps at all. It looks really off to me.  Letters and number look too small.

The Sharks looks pretty good, aside from the nameplate material (which, he should have asked you if you were ok using Flo-Knit on an Air-Knit jersey).

Whalers looks good to me, maybe the sleeve numbers are a little off.

The Capitals is definitely the most obvious (also has incorrect nameplate material). I did post on FB's game worn group to see if anyone has measurements, but so far no response.

You're right and can absolutely guess whose work this is. Still has one of my jerseys to send back, so I'm going to wait until I post a full-blown review of my experience. The lesson I've learned is that I'm no longer sending any jerseys out without every last detail specified, beyond what I used to consider every last detail (I don't give two ****s if the companies like it or not). IE: Specifying airknit nameplate material is no longer good enough, I will be specifying "CCM airknit to match jersey material". I will also seek measurements for everything prior to sending anything out.... which segways into the Whalers nameplate. I cropped the pics to the edges of the numbers. It's not the most egregious of things, but some of us are picky enough to see such a small difference lol (and maybe the arm numbers look off because they're not flat in my photo. They look fine in person.

Gamer...

v0DIDYC.jpg

Mine...

ZGQdKgm.jpg

Edited by Van67

Ok, for me I think you got legit beef about the nameplate material on the Sharks.  He should have told you he doesn’t have the exact match especially since he had your jersey on hand. 
I’ve seen Caps gamers from that era that have the numbers “smaller” and with positioning that matches your jersey.  Maybe the caps changed sizes at some point, maybe the jersey size plays a big role, no idea on that one but I’d be fine with what you got.

Whalers also looks fine to me.  Maybe he spaced the letters a little too close together which is why it looks different but not something he should be forced to redo IMHO.

not what you want to hear but I think he did a pretty good job on your stuff minus the Sharks nameplate.  No customizer that is not the team source will match a kit 100% and I know it’s been said a million and one times here but if you’re looking for 100% you need to stick with the team source.

2 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

Ok, for me I think you got legit beef about the nameplate material on the Sharks.  He should have told you he doesn’t have the exact match especially since he had your jersey on hand. 
I’ve seen Caps gamers from that era that have the numbers “smaller” and with positioning that matches your jersey.  Maybe the caps changed sizes at some point, maybe the jersey size plays a big role, no idea on that one but I’d be fine with what you got.

Whalers also looks fine to me.  Maybe he spaced the letters a little too close together which is why it looks different but not something he should be forced to redo IMHO.

not what you want to hear but I think he did a pretty good job on your stuff minus the Sharks nameplate.  No customizer that is not the team source will match a kit 100% and I know it’s been said a million and one times here but if you’re looking for 100% you need to stick with the team source.

On the Caps, I think jersey size plus number placement can be exaggerated by the diagonal stripe.  I think you can come out with all kinds of permutations.  (Not vouching for the existing customization one way or another)

The spacing between the letters and number on Caps look smaller than the gamer which would explain why it’s not sitting as much on the diagonal.

Could be, though looking for photos online, it seems that the Capitals went to smaller name and numbers in the early 2000s? The sizes on the blue jersey are 11.5" numbers and 3 & 3/8" letters on the name. I can't seem to find anyone with any info on what the Capitals used for sizes in 97/98 (this jersey has the Finals patch). 

On 1/31/2021 at 9:41 PM, LetsGoCaps said:

On the Caps, I think jersey size plus number placement can be exaggerated by the diagonal stripe.  I think you can come out with all kinds of permutations.  (Not vouching for the existing customization one way or another)

I think you made a good point here - if you look at where the diagonal ends on one jersey vs the other, that could be part of the problem for sure.  Name letters are of course way different; you only need to compare letter size to the shoulder patch to see that.

Speaking of comparing to other known dimensions, if you compare the bottom loop of the one 5 on each jersey, it matches up to the same point measurement wise on the diagonal stripe.  It might also be a bit deceptive that yours is laid out flat, while the white one is hanging, which makes the jersey look smaller and perhaps the numbers larger in comparison.

Edited by PensJerseys

Being bored on a Saturday, I tested the theory... I took the name and back numbers off the jersey (I was always going to get this changed, no fault attributed to anyone) and moved the numbers down. They're not placed perfectly in the pic, but it does make some sense (though I still wonder if game jerseys in 97-98 had 11.5" or 12" numbers). It seems clear that if the name was the correct larger size, the numbers would have had to be placed further down. I'm thinking the name letters could have been as tall as 4"... still need to know for sure before getting the back of the jersey re-done.

zLALVcX.jpg

Just an FYI to tie off this thread, I finally got a response from someone with a game worn Capitals jersey (albeit from a few years later and a goalie jersey). Back numbers are 12.5" and nameplate letters are 4". 

Given that my jersey is considerably smaller than a big goalie jersey, with the bigger name pushing numbers down, I think 12" numbers for my Size 52 will be a good route to take.

On 2/11/2021 at 12:37 PM, Van67 said:

Just an FYI to tie off this thread, I finally got a response from someone with a game worn Capitals jersey (albeit from a few years later and a goalie jersey). Back numbers are 12.5" and nameplate letters are 4". 

Given that my jersey is considerably smaller than a big goalie jersey, with the bigger name pushing numbers down, I think 12" numbers for my Size 52 will be a good route to take.

Thanks for getting the measurements.  Are these kits stacked or kiss cut?

33 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

Thanks for getting the measurements.  Are these kits stacked or kiss cut?

Kiss cut. 

I'm still debating 12" vs 12.5" ... but at least this time I'll get what I ask for and have no reason to be mad lol.