Senators Early 90s

Van67

I have a Stanley Cup 100th patch I'm trying to find a way to put to use, and a Pavol Demitra Senators thought came into my head. Upon verification that he was drafted by Ottawa in 1993, I figured that idea was out... then I found these...

SArE544.jpg

Guf64sS.jpg

I'm not sure of the rules back then, but having been drafted in 1993, it doesn't make sense to me that Demitra would have been allowed to play exhibition games prior to the 92-93 season (nor would it make much sense that the patches would have been on jerseys for exhibition games). Is it possible that the Senators used 92-93 jerseys for 93-94 exhibition games and just left the patches on? Bottom line, the jersey I want to find a way to eventually make happen exists, so it's not a foul, but I am definitely curious about why Demitra is wearing jerseys from a season prior to being drafted, if I didn't guess the reason already.

Edited by Van67

I have a few of the black jersey and intend on doing at least one as a Demitra as I found the same card. 
There really weren't a lot of good choices from the 1992-93 season 

1 hour ago, Hockey Bob said:

I have a few of the black jersey 

I really would like to see your whole collection, you seem to have a few of just about everything. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I really would like to see your whole collection, you seem to have a few of just about everything. 

Bring yer eatin' pants and plan on a full weekend. 
We got almost 20 - 35gal bins to go through and I always take out of towners for some deep dish pizza and an Italian beef sang-wich 

6 hours ago, Van67 said:

I have a Stanley Cup 100th patch I'm trying to find a way to put to use, and a Pavol Demitra Senators thought came into my head. Upon verification that he was drafted by Ottawa in 1993, I figured that idea was out... then I found these...

SArE544.jpg

Guf64sS.jpg

I'm not sure of the rules back then, but having been drafted in 1993, it doesn't make sense to me that Demitra would have been allowed to play exhibition games prior to the 92-93 season (nor would it make much sense that the patches would have been on jerseys for exhibition games). Is it possible that the Senators used 92-93 jerseys for 93-94 exhibition games and just left the patches on? Bottom line, the jersey I want to find a way to eventually make happen exists, so it's not a foul, but I am definitely curious about why Demitra is wearing jerseys from a season prior to being drafted, if I didn't guess the reason already.

Pretty sure it was just preseason/exhibition 93-94 where they probably recycled jerseys and never bothered removing the patches.  That's the only logic I can come up with.  I have the black one done up with the patch and the inaugural red kit.  Not a foul if the image of him in that jersey exists. 

11 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

We got almost 20 - 35gal bins to go through and I always take out of towners for some deep dish pizza and an Italian beef sang-wich 

I mean, throw in a strip club and it’s the perfect weekend, no?

19 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Giordano’s or Lou Malnati’s?

2 hours ago, SensGameUsed said:

The Senators recycled their jerseys from 1992-93 for the 1993-94 preseason. For some reason, Demitra wore three numbers during the preseason: 9, 28 and 37.

Good to know. The photo evidence above shows him wearing 28 in black and 9 in white. Do you know if we wore 37 in black?

5 minutes ago, Van67 said:

Good to know. The photo evidence above shows him wearing 28 in black and 9 in white. Do you know if we wore 37 in black?

He wore 37 in white only. I've seen photo evidence of him wearing 9 in black as well.

20 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Giordano’s or Lou Malnati’s?

Giordano's was the 1st one I was exposed to and I typically will lean towards my 1st experience.
But
Lou's is hands down the better of the two for deep dish.
They even make a good thin crust but not the best. 

54 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

Giordano's was the 1st one I was exposed to and I typically will lean towards my 1st experience.
But
Lou's is hands down the better of the two for deep dish.
They even make a good thin crust but not the best. 

C'mon man. If you're going to go for a touristy place it has to be Ginos. They have tavern style too which is delicious. Otherwise Oven Grinders or Silo are the bomb! 

I drove 45 minutes down to Anaheim yesterday just so I could get a beef at Portillo's 

3 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

C'mon man. If you're going to go for a touristy place it has to be Ginos. They have tavern style too which is delicious. Otherwise Oven Grinders or Silo are the bomb! 

I drove 45 minutes down to Anaheim yesterday just so I could get a beef at Portillo's 

45min is an acceptable drive for Portillo's - I'm just glad I don't have to.
Home and work, less than 5min drive for me (this explains why I had to retire from playing and my preferences of larger jerseys)  
As a life long suburbs kid I have never had Gino's but its on my list.  
I know, not very "Chicagoan" of me but I also put Ketchup on my hotdogs so I thumb my nose at the system