Who sells/auctions Blackhawks GW Jerseys?

AParrotLooksAt40

I believe the convention the last few years was held on the same weekend as the Meigray expo.

5 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

They first go on the market via the auctions at the team’s year-end convention. Anything else is second-hand. 

yep.

still tickets available too. might actually be a good year to go check it out. it's always been a packed house when I previously went, but it's been a few years....

They sell one jersey per player (of various sets & colors) via silent & live auction at the convention. This helps sets the pricing for the team for the remaining jerseys, which the team releases in waves (again, typically one per player of various set/color) on gameworn.net and the various Facebook groups.

PS. Don't bother bidding on the auctions at the Convention, you'd be better off not running the price up (and very likely losing) but rather waiting for one of the remaining to pop-up on FB.

Edited by cjerina

1 hour ago, cjerina said:

They sell one jersey per player (of various sets & colors) via silent & live auction at the convention. This helps sets the pricing for the team for the remaining jerseys, which the team releases in waves (again, typically one per player of various set/color) on gameworn.net and the various Facebook groups.

PS. Don't bother bidding on the auctions at the Convention, you'd be better off not running the price up (and very likely losing) but rather waiting for one of the remaining to pop-up on FB.

Thanks for the heads up.

for those of you who have been, what are the pros and cons of the convention? I'm considering finally going this year, but have other things to consider in terms of logistics. 

I bought tickets to this year's convention hoping to pick up a few jerseys and some gear. From users on the Blackhawk's reddit page, it sounds like there is pretty much no gear apart from high-end stuff used by Toews and the like. Apart from practice jerseys, the other ones are silent and live auctions.

Kind of a bummer. I'm having shoulder surgery the week before the convention so chances are I won't even go. Not sure if tickets are transferable, but I'm happy to sell my ticket to someone. Anyone that is going want to act as a proxy for me? :)

1 hour ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Thanks for the heads up.

for those of you who have been, what are the pros and cons of the convention? I'm considering finally going this year, but have other things to consider in terms of logistics. 

pros: it is hockey stuff in July! the q&a sessions are fun most of the time. merch, gear, and the like to spend your money on. when the convention was after a cup win obviously getting your picture with the cup. took my nephew one year and got in line hella early for the opening ceremony so he could high five the players as they came out. that was awesome mostly cuz he was more excited than I was.

cons: if you want autographs, particularly from the big name players, this is not the place to get them. as was said above, unless you are stocked up on cash this isn't the place to buy gamers as they generally get overpriced quickly. as I said earlier, it is usually PACKED so be prepared for lot of waiting in line. 

that being said, the conventions I went to (12-15) were during the height of the run and were sold out almost instantly when tickets went onsale. this year there are still tickets available as we speak, so I think turnout should be down this year. my advice is go to as many of the Q&A sessions as you can and have fun. the first time I went I got super pissed about how ridiculous it was to get an auto from the bigger names. then I got baked and chilled the rest of the time and it was a blast. met lots of people who also love the team I love (obviously) and got to meet a lot of players as well, especially the older players. as long as you don't worry about not meeting the big names from today you can interact with a bunch of guys from yesteryear and up.and coming lads the general masses don't recognize. 

3 minutes ago, vadarx said:

pros: it is hockey stuff in July! the q&a sessions are fun most of the time. merch, gear, and the like to spend your money on. when the convention was after a cup win obviously getting your picture with the cup. took my nephew one year and got in line hella early for the opening ceremony so he could high five the players as they came out. that was awesome mostly cuz he was more excited than I was.

cons: if you want autographs, particularly from the big name players, this is not the place to get them. as was said above, unless you are stocked up on cash this isn't the place to buy gamers as they generally get overpriced quickly. as I said earlier, it is usually PACKED so be prepared for lot of waiting in line. 

that being said, the conventions I went to (12-15) were during the height of the run and were sold out almost instantly when tickets went onsale. this year there are still tickets available as we speak, so I think turnout should be down this year. my advice is go to as many of the Q&A sessions as you can and have fun. the first time I went I got super pissed about how ridiculous it was to get an auto from the bigger names. then I got baked and chilled the rest of the time and it was a blast. met lots of people who also love the team I love (obviously) and got to meet a lot of players as well, especially the older players. as long as you don't worry about not meeting the big names from today you can interact with a bunch of guys from yesteryear and up.and coming lads the general masses don't recognize. 

All good to know, thanks. 

Luckily(?) I won't have the cash to go far in a bidding war and autographs are cool but not necessary, although I'd love to get a jersey signed by Seabs but so far he isn't in attendance.  I'm sure Keith would be hard to get an auto from, but I have  no idea. I'd just like to take it in for once. We'll see!

52 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

All good to know, thanks. 

Luckily(?) I won't have the cash to go far in a bidding war and autographs are cool but not necessary, although I'd love to get a jersey signed by Seabs but so far he isn't in attendance.  I'm sure Keith would be hard to get an auto from, but I have  no idea. I'd just like to take it in for once. We'll see!

I'm not sure if the final list is set, so maybe Toews and Seabs are added late, but I wouldn't count on it. Saad won't be there either due to his honeymoon. thusly, I'd guess that Keith and Kane will be the main scratch off guys, so unless you win in that (or you get the hotel package that comes with a guaranteed auto) chances are slim of you snagging his autograph. 

like I said, just go and have a good time and take it all in. it is for sure worth checking out. I'm planning on going again next year provided I am back in town next summer. 

3 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

I bought tickets to this year's convention hoping to pick up a few jerseys and some gear. From users on the Blackhawk's reddit page, it sounds like there is pretty much no gear apart from high-end stuff used by Toews and the like. Apart from practice jerseys, the other ones are silent and live auctions.

Kind of a bummer. I'm having shoulder surgery the week before the convention so chances are I won't even go. Not sure if tickets are transferable, but I'm happy to sell my ticket to someone. Anyone that is going want to act as a proxy for me? :)

I might be willing to help you out ;)

On 6/6/2018 at 3:15 PM, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Are Blackhawks GW jerseys only auctioned through the NHL? Or is there a group like Meigray that handles them? 

Here's some info from the Blackhawks Facebook group that might be useful:

"Because I am asked this a lot, here’s how the Chicago-related teams sell their game worn jerseys:

Blackhawks: 
The previous year’s jerseys are first sold at the annual convention in July.  They are sold via silent auction (concluding in a live bid-off, you have to be on the bid sheet and hold a live auction at the end) and typically they sell one jersey of each rostered player.  Occasionally they have an extra of a goalie, call ups are sometimes excluded and they have not had a Kane available here for several years.  They also live auction off a handful of jerseys, typically from previous years and/or playoff shirts.  They also have a limited number of grab-bag shirts available daily which could range from a preseason/training camp guy, to a game issued shirt, to a star.  There is a ‘grand prize’ daily, usually along the lines of Seabrook/Keith/Crawford type player playoff shirts.  They also auction off sticks, gloves, skates and occasionally helmets and other neat and interesting framed items.  Blackhawks player only Goal pucks are available for purchase throughout the weekend as are occasionally practice jerseys. 

Shirts not sold at the convention are typically posted in this group when available.  The first post-convention listing typically occurs around training camp.  They are listed when available. if it’s not listed, it may not be available or may be on a later list.  The lists typically are updated monthly, but may be more or less frequent.  They do not take preorders or reserve shirts.  They do not take payment plans.  They insure for and declare the full value of the shirts."