eBay new seller, 1 feedback?

mdwsta4

Quick question I'm hoping to get some answers on before I ship out a jersey today. Got a person on eBay who purchased one of my jerseys and at the time had zero feedback. Later that day they got their first positive feedback so now they have 1. Signed up in July so they're new, but not brand new. PayPal says the seller (me) is protection eligible. I emailed the buyer to confirm his address and he responded. 

Should I go forward with shipping or is there something else I should do to confirm and/or protect myself? I always ship with tracking and delivery confirmation, but was going to add signature. I've never been screwed over on eBay, but I'd also rather not start. 

Send it.  Your covered with the tracking and delivery confirmation.  If the value is over $300, I think, you have to add signature confirmation as well so keep that in mind.

Also, before you seal the box, take a picture of the jersey kind of hanging out of it with the shipping label in view.  I always do this in case a buyer claims I sent him the wrong jersey (or an old pair of dirty sneakers or something).

You can always just pay a bit of extra money and sent it signature confirmation.  There is there is no doubt it was delivered and someone at the household had to accept it.  There is no way they can dispute it then.

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

Also, before you seal the box, take a picture of the jersey kind of hanging out of it with the shipping label in view.  I always do this in case a buyer claims I sent him the wrong jersey (or an old pair of dirty sneakers or something).

I've had this thought several times before, but really, I'm not sure how much that could help you. For example, let's just say you wanted to scam the person, you could stage that picture, then since the box still isn't sealed, put in dirty sneakers and mail it. I don't think eBay would take that as proof that you had actually mailed what you said you mailed. I could be wrong, but I've just thought about it before and come to the conclusion that I doubt it will help.

3 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

I've had this thought several times before, but really, I'm not sure how much that could help you. For example, let's just say you wanted to scam the person, you could stage that picture, then since the box still isn't sealed, put in dirty sneakers and mail it. I don't think eBay would take that as proof that you had actually mailed what you said you mailed. I could be wrong, but I've just thought about it before and come to the conclusion that I doubt it will help.

In the end, the decision from eBay comes from to a human person.  I figure that I'm going to do everything possible to try and sway their decision in my favor.  So, good packing, shipping to the confirmed address, using tracking, good communication (where applicable), and relying on my history of positive feedback are all things I have in my corner.  The picture is just one more thing to put in my arsenal in case of deceptive buyer.  But, obviously, you could have a video of the buyer opening the package with the correct item and still lose the case, because eBay is extremely buyer-biased.

They have to start somewhere. If they won and paid, ship it. Make sure it's tracked, and if you are super paranoid, video yourself packing it. Of course, that can easily be disputed because you could then shut the video, pack another box with whatever, and ship that. 

Pictures/video of what is going on the box seem useless to me, unless someone can tell me that it somehow saved them with eBay, all other things having failed. 

I've had the same worry a couple times, but I went ahead.  Just get tracking and signature.  I don't think pics of the boxing will mean jack if something goes sideways.  When I got scammed last year, I got the impression my 15 years of problem-free ebay usage carried more weight than my carefully-assembled evidence of shipping shenanigans. 

Took the suggestion of others and simply added signature confirmation. The package was signed and delivered and haven't heard anything from the seller so I guess I'll take that as a good sign. transferred the funds out of PP and into my bank.