Kings to wear Burger King jersey again!

JunkyardAthletic

8 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Think they'll make retail versions of them if it's just for one game? 

If they don't they are pretty dumb. 

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If they don't they are pretty dumb. 

Yeah. If they don't, I imagine they'll auction off the game worn ones for insane amounts of $$. 

My guess is that they'll introduce them as part of the CCM Vintage lineup like the purple ones they wore last night, and like most teams are wearing in alumni games.  The Canucks red gradient jersey made its way into that line at one point in time.

"Authentic" Burger Kings are already available, but they are made by Mitchell & Ness. 

22 hours ago, aaron.holick said:

My guess is that they'll introduce them as part of the CCM Vintage lineup like the purple ones they wore last night, and like most teams are wearing in alumni games.  The Canucks red gradient jersey made its way into that line at one point in time.

I think this is correct.  For replicas Reebok/NHL usually leaves these one-off's to their CCM vintage line.  They probably will have 2.0's for sale but only through either the GW or JB route.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Does this make the originals worth more, less, or no effect on their price at all?

Did they ever make retail versions of the originals?  I thought the BK was like the Ducks WW, in that the only way you could get an authentic one was GW/GI.  In either case, I can't see the originals ever being worth less than the repros.

No I meant less than they were worth before the reissues...if they are available at retail, does that flood the market to where the originals are less desirable?

Canucks Red CCM 550 Semi Pro jerseys (Replicas more commonly called) from the original 1996 release were fetching $200-$300 at their peak on ebay. Once ccm reissued them under the vintage line prices collapsed since they were mass available. Today they can go as low as $40. IF ccm ever re-released the burger king or wild wing replicas under the vintage line for mass purchase then YES the prices would tank on all the original 1995-96 semi pro ones. 

Edited by chow_hound

On 11/28/2016 at 3:12 PM, chow_hound said:

Canucks Red CCM 550 Semi Pro jerseys (Replicas more commonly called) from the original 1996 release were fetching $200-$300 at their peak on ebay. Once ccm reissued them under the vintage line prices collapsed since they were mass available. Today they can go as low as $40. IF ccm ever re-released the burger king or wild wing replicas under the vintage line for mass purchase then YES the prices would tank on all the original 1995-96 semi pro ones. 

Agreed.  Also, I think you can count on the those jerseys being reissued sooner or later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They did wear them in the pregame warmup.  Apparently CCM made up a set of replicas within the Vintage Hockey line, as they had the same neck tags and hem logo that we've seen before on previous VH replicas.  All the jerseys were auctioned off before the game ended.  Kopitar's went for $4,111- for a replica worn just for a few minutes in a warmup!  Even Quick's warmup-issued jersey (which was obviously not worn) went for over $1200!  Couldn't believe the prices...

IMG_7120_zps5didzpbv.jpg

I have seen specialty jerseys worn in warmups sell for higher prices than the regular season jerseys the players wear for multiple games all the time.  These auctions/jerseys are geared more for non-collecting fans who just want a really expensive souvenir.

I should also add that the auction proceeds went to the Kings Care Foundation.