Remind Me If Indo Edges Are Still Retail

00xtremeninja

I know I've seen some Indo's at retail still. They're not totally gone. Hard to say though.

Do you know if what is coming from reebok now though is 2.0s? Like if you were to get directly from them in the next month or so.

I've heard that they've stopped making the Indo's, so anything new "should" be an Edge 2.0... but now that begs the question, how are you getting them directly from Reebok?

They stopped making the indio's, but some retailers still have them. If there's any question, I'd call the retailer first and ask them to check for the yellow band in the collar (if they don't know the difference and how to tell).

I know that when I was looking for Tampa away jerseys, I found a few retailers that had them in stock, but after I called I found out they were all Indio's even though they were advertised as authentic.

What about from NHLShop?

I'm almost positive that everything they sell there is Indo.

I wouldn't assume an authentic from the NHL shop would come as a canadian made and not Indio- back in the early days, when I didn't know any better (years ago), I ordered an authentic Stamkos away jersey, and not only was it indio, the letters/numbers were wrong. My drive to get a real authentic jersey is what made me find this forum.. and the rest is history. I now have a closet full of gamers, true authentics, and know how to tell the difference.

You could always order a blank from the NHL shop and just send it back if an Idio arrives?

Edited by khabbi

All the Devil Den have at the Prudential center as "authentic" are Indo's

I've heard that they've stopped making the Indo's, so anything new "should" be an Edge 2.0... but now that begs the question, how are you getting them directly from Reebok?

Not sure where/when you heard that, but I've heard of new orders being made quite recently for (blank)Indos.

Granted, this is coming from people whom I've had to explain the difference to, so take it with a grain of salt.

Scotrade Center (St. Louis) Home, Away, and 3rd are all Indo's.

Not sure why I'm shocked that Indio's are still being made? Just a big WTF if you ask me. Go Premier or just make more in Canada of the real ones. The in-between Indio's and fooling fans is just B.S. But I suppose we don't need to open hat can of worms again.

They had a couple of indo-edge Rangers jerseys at the NHL store in Manhattan when we were there a few weeks ago. I was listening to one of their sales guys try to sell one to a customer............for $400, with customization! I don't know if they had them for other teams, but they may have. I thought it was funny that they were asking $300 for blanks.

Blue Jackets are selling Indo's for all 3 jerseys, and the home of their older (hat-patch) style.

The main thing to remember as to why there are jerseys made in Indonesia, it's labor costs, period. There is precedent for this, Starter made retail authentic jerseys in both El Salvador and Haiti, while, IIRC, the game jerseys were all/mostly made in Wisconsin. And there was a huge difference in the build quality of those. I have Wisconsin made Coyotes and El Salvador made ones and they are two very different jerseys. Panthers, too. I could argue an ever greater difference than the Edge vs Indo. And the Haiti made Bruins and Pens third jerseys did not have a fight strap. It only makes business sense to make jerseys that are in much smaller runs, NHL game issued, AHL, and CHL jerseys, in Quebec like they are doing now. And look at the "quality" of the AHL and CHL replicas that are made in Canada, they are made of thinner material and cheaper-looking shoulder patches than the NHL Premier replicas. Yet the price is the same or more. Why? Because of the manufacturing costs. I would bet that it costs 8 to 10 times as much, if not more, to manufacture in Canada as it does to make it in SE Asia. And when Addias switches the NHL to their own branding, I wouldn't be shocked if they moved all manufacture overseas. It's all about maximizing profits, and as long as most people continue to buy them, and are happy with them, they will follow the money. A small, vocal minority would not have any effect on them.

The 7187 (Edge 1.0) has been removed from retail entirely as a buying option. That took place before either last season or the year before. The 7287 has never actually been available for retail buying, and the handful of teams that have had them previously have acquired them through other means. This could be from piggybacking onto the team's actual equipment/jersey order or otherwise getting their surplus.

But what will likely happen is that, as more people realize that there are a ton of 1.0s, occasional surplus 2.0s, and a ton of cheap Indos on eBay and elsewhere, it's going to cause there to be such a glut of jerseys backing up that Reebok will yet again dump enormous amounts on retailers at insanely low prices. And of course, this will cause a further glut in the market, further backing up existing stock. And because of the way that it's all gone, it just prevents people from buying them at retail, meaning the orders won't be made at all.

Reebok's fatal miscalculation was in first having an enormously high price point for the 1.0, which may have been justified based on their manufacturing costs. But after the switch to the 2.0, using exactly the same materials as the old 6100 authentics but with less fabric, the price didn't come down at all. The average buyer was looking at spending $175-200 for an old 6100 authentic, which then went up to $275-350 for the Edge. And most of the designs were hideous.

The entire bootleg market and the complete collapse of the authentic market at retail can be traced back to this.

The 7287 has never actually been available for retail buying, and the handful of teams that have had them previously have acquired them through other means. This could be from piggybacking onto the team's actual equipment/jersey order or otherwise getting their surplus.

Well, I mean, this is really not correct. Plenty of places like IceJerseys and River City Sports (and Jersey Baron through whatever his connection is) have carried 7287's. They are definitely retail versions of 7287 jerseys. Not every 7287 jersey that has gotten out there is team issued overstock.

Well, I mean, this is really not correct. Plenty of places like IceJerseys and River City Sports (and Jersey Baron through whatever his connection is) have carried 7287's. They are definitely retail versions of 7287 jerseys. Not every 7287 jersey that has gotten out there is team issued overstock.

Was gonna say the same..,

Has IJ and RCS ever sold Devils 7287's? I really do not remember them ever selling those but did a lot of other teams.

As for the Indo's, Reebok can easily fix the problem by just making Indo's their own tier instead of just trying to trick customers and market them as "authentics" Just update the Premiers to look and feel more like the 2.0's (not sure why after 8+ years the Premiers still are being based off the 1.0's) and reduce the price to about $50ish blank, then market the Indo's as "semi-pro's" and sell those for $100-150ish blank and then the 2.0's as authentics for $200-250 blank.

Has IJ and RCS ever sold Devils 7287's? I really do not remember them ever selling those but did a lot of other teams.

IJ has had them. I own one I got for about $210 with a coupon they were offering, maybe a year and a half ago at this point.

Let me rephrase that. 7287s haven't been made available through "conventional" means; it's not in the catalogs, Reebok insists that they're not available, and all that jazz.

For Canadian retailers, it's a different story. My understanding is that this has to do either with licensing or with import/export laws, or maybe they just don't feel like dealing with it otherwise.

Let me rephrase that. 7287s haven't been made available through "conventional" means; it's not in the catalogs, Reebok insists that they're not available, and all that jazz.

For Canadian retailers, it's a different story. My understanding is that this has to do either with licensing or with import/export laws, or maybe they just don't feel like dealing with it otherwise.

I dunno... I was able to order a large quantity of 7287's through a US retailer before, and they were definitely retail versions (no double reinforced fight strap and had retail tagging in the neck), and that was definitely conventional means through a US retailer.

I don't think Reebok denies that the 7287's exist. I think that NHL.com does, and other stores and places like that, mostly because you're only ever dealing with low-level employees who don't know the difference.

Maybe Reebok will only make retail 2.0's as special orders? JB and DSL have stated they are able to order 2.0's only in a minimum quantity of 25.

As for the Indo's, Reebok can easily fix the problem by just making Indo's their own tier instead of just trying to trick customers and market them as "authentics" Just update the Premiers to look and feel more like the 2.0's (not sure why after 8+ years the Premiers still are being based off the 1.0's) and reduce the price to about $50ish blank, then market the Indo's as "semi-pro's" and sell those for $100-150ish blank and then the 2.0's as authentics for $200-250 blank.

IJ has had them. I own one I got for about $210 with a coupon they were offering, maybe a year and a half ago at this point.

In stock right now aren't there?....http://www.icejerseys.com/products/Jerseys-12744/New-Jersey-Devils-Reebok-EDGE-Authentic-Home-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-(Made-in-Canada)-p30641/?pstart=1

Edited by ted1025