Remind Me If Indo Edges Are Still Retail

00xtremeninja

Thanks and I would have to hold my gut in through the entire game to fit into it haha. I fit the best in 54 or 56's.

I've had plenty of success getting Devils 2.0s (GI) from MeiGray for around $200 as well. You may have the extra burden of stripping it but it's still equivslent to getting one from IJ with a coupon.

I dunno... I was able to order a large quantity of 7287's through a US retailer before, and they were definitely retail versions (no double reinforced fight strap and had retail tagging in the neck), and that was definitely conventional means through a US retailer.

I don't think Reebok denies that the 7287's exist. I think that NHL.com does, and other stores and places like that, mostly because you're only ever dealing with low-level employees who don't know the difference.

I can post a picture of the reebok catalog if someone wants, but the 7287s haven't been listed in either of the last two years, only the Indos. Our reebok rep plays dumb and says "These are the authentics, I don't know what you're talking about" when pointing at an Indo. They do, in fact, deny the existence of two separate product lines. Given how little demand there is for them (be it disinterest or disinformation) our management has never really pushed too hard on them.

I do make it a point to tell our new hires that the Indos are not authentic, but when management and even some team staff refer to them as such, it's fighting a losing battle.

I've also heard something about licensing in US vs Canada from employees at an independent local hockey shop, though that'd be second hand information at best.

I can post a picture of the reebok catalog if someone wants, but the 7287s haven't been listed in either of the last two years, only the Indos. Our reebok rep plays dumb and says "These are the authentics, I don't know what you're talking about" when pointing at an Indo. They do, in fact, deny the existence of two separate product lines. Given how little demand there is for them (be it disinterest or disinformation) our management has never really pushed too hard on them.

I do make it a point to tell our new hires that the Indos are not authentic, but when management and even some team staff refer to them as such, it's fighting a losing battle.

I've also heard something about licensing in US vs Canada from employees at an independent local hockey shop, though that'd be second hand information at best.

Definitely odd. I think it probably depends on the rep that different people are dealing with. It's a shame the information is so bad across the channels. Hopefully with the switch to Adidas (even though its technically the same company) things will change.

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty much all team stores (and brick and mortar stores for that matter) only carry Indo's and market them as "authentics"