2016-2017 New Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

18 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

Hard to do in cities with multiple teams like New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, or even states like Texas. How do you create your own identity when all the baseball teams in the state wear the same color and you have 2-4 teams?

Right. If the Mets and Yankees wore the same color, it would be lame. 

Edited by mfitz804

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Jdems93 said:

Hahaha thanks to the patriots having an owner who actually cares and Tom Brady. Stretch the time period back to the 90's and Chicago has it hands down. 

Especially since you can add the titles won by the Chicago Fire to that total.

Not sure I love that new Pens jersey.  It seems like it’s made up of a lot of elements that don’t quite go together and looks a little busy.  Maybe it’ll look better on the ice in full uniform.  That seems to be the case a lot.

As far as the "City of Champions" patch, the patch seems to reflect on the 70s for some reason with the black and gold (first time Pens will wear black and gold outdoors believe it or not) and stars (Pirates) when Pittsburgh called itself "The City of Champions".  it also seems like more than a subtle attempt to take a dig at Philadelphia and their single pro championship in the past 30+ years, and a reminder to Philly fans of the Super Bowl challenged Eagles (game at Heinz Field so the football dig).

With that said, the fact that the logo is in the PA Keystone should at least be a clue they’re trying to say "the city of Champions in Pennsylvania" but it'll clearly be taken too literally by pretty much everyone as you can already see here and around other NHL boards.  For that reason, I really don't like it.  I think there was thought given to it, but when someone sees it they don't think out all of those factors which they really shouldn't have to.

Edited by SirBrad

It is amazing me how people are getting upset over the "City of Champions" patch. It really means nothing. What are they supposed to do, have a patch that says "Our Town Used To Be Good But Now We Suck?"

I'm sure those that are interested know, but IJ does have the hawks 2017 winter classic 2.0's available. As does JB

Edited by Jdems93