2016-2017 New Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

13 minutes ago, Kingofkings said:

Those all yellow pens jerseys are awesome. Just saw them on the NBC broadcast of the rangers game. 

Agreed!!

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With that patch there they won't need double elbows. :P

4 hours ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

Quite random that they just unveiled them after a random commercial break before the Pens even said anything about them.

Now I sit and wait on the Flyers. 

Is it confirmed that the Flyers will be wearing a special jersey for the Stadium Series game or will they simply wear the 50th Anniversary jersey?

2 hours ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

Is it confirmed that the Flyers will be wearing a special jersey for the Stadium Series game or will they simply wear the 50th Anniversary jersey?

I've seen people say they're wearing a new one. 

Heard from a few people they're going to be black, which is going to be interesting with the Pens sleeves. 

Early released Stadium Series apparel at the game today apparently had black as a main theme so that adds to that theory. 

I like it, personally

9 hours ago, Jdems93 said:

I actually kind of like it too. Minus the inaccuracy of the elbow patch. It's a different but still well put together sweater 

It's like the patch was meant for a Boston jersey or something.  They threw it on the wrong black & gold.

30 minutes ago, tonysil said:

It's like the patch was meant for a Boston jersey or something.  They threw it on the wrong black & gold.

Hmmm I was thinking it belonged more on a jersey of a red and black team more in the middle of the US..

28 minutes ago, Jdems93 said:

Hmmm I was thinking it belonged more on a jersey of a red and black team more in the middle of the US..

You guys may have the NHL championships but the patch says City of Champions and I dare you to find a city that has even close to the championships that Boston does this millennium. 

Pittsburgh hasn't been great as a city in what, 40 years? 

Edited by tonysil

15 minutes ago, tonysil said:

You guys may have the NHL championships but the patch says City of Champions and I dare you to find a city that has even close to the championships that Boston does this millennium. 

Hahaha thanks to the patriots having an owner who actually cares and Tom Brady. Stretch the time period back to the 90's and Chicago has it hands down. 

5 hours ago, tonysil said:

And that's when the moniker was first applied to the city - back in the 70's during the era of the Steelers dynasty and the Pirates being very strong and winning a few.

The Pens have finally returned to the Pittsburgh black and gold theme, and this jersey is a celebration of the city itself - including the Pirates and Steelers - as much as it is just the Penguins 50th anniversary.

1 hour ago, blurryhaze312 said:

And that's when the moniker was first applied to the city - back in the 70's during the era of the Steelers dynasty and the Pirates being very strong and winning a few.

The Pens have finally returned to the Pittsburgh black and gold theme, and this jersey is a celebration of the city itself - including the Pirates and Steelers - as much as it is just the Penguins 50th anniversary.

I have to say, I enjoy that the team's all have the same color scheme. I think that's a fun way to unify a city's sports fans. 

14 minutes ago, blurryhaze312 said:

Not knowing anything else, I can't imagine not having all of the teams uniting on the same color scheme.  It feels so odd to me to see other cities where their teams are all different colors.

Hard to do in cities with multiple teams like New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, or even states like Texas. How do you create your own identity when all the baseball teams in the state wear the same color and you have 2-4 teams?