Steiner auction opinion

hatryk

i won an auction off Steiner auctions over a month ago. The Rick Nash jersey shown as authentic when I received it was a terrible knockoff which I couldn't tell from the pics and now looking back doesn't even look like the same jersey. I contacted Steiner and they gave me a return label which I returned the jersey on May 6th. I have not received a refund, every time I call or email I get the run around I even got a phone call from a rep selling me stepan overtime memorabilia and when I asked him about the refund he got rid of me so quick my head spun. I tried contacting KJ on ranger Facebook forum and although he has said he will contact the proper department nothing still has been done. I even posted to the ranger game worn Facebook page but the admin deleted my post. Not sure what my next step is here. Thoughts?

Did you pay by credit card? Contest the charge and they'll give you your money back.

Yea, if you paid by credit card, open a dispute. The company will investigate and then give you your money back.

Some companies (not saying Steiner is necessarily one of them) won't issue refunds, in the hopes that people won't follow up on it. They let the credit card companies come after them for refunds.

Just curious, do you have a link to the auction and pic of the jersey you got? I believe you in that you said it is a knockoff but I just need to see this with my own eyes as this is beyond contempt for Steiner to actually do this. Makes me feel better when I avoid them at all costs.

And very sad how they've handled it so far.

Look at Tomi's Moore jersey. Even if I had never bought anything from Steiner before, I never will again after looking at the way they've handled both of these situations.

Hatryk,

I think Ken has your back over at Steiner.. I would be very surprised if you dont hear from them soon about your refund.. Ken is an honest, good guy.. Just ping him again and ask him for an update..

Wow. Maybe they realized that for $48 they could just go down to Canal st and get a knockoff instead of sending you the game issued one they show in the photos.

Ouch that is brutal. I would be pretty upset too.

That's the point the auction has different pic of the jersey I received. Pics the jersey on the auction looked legit. Got an email saying I was refunded in Friday but it's not in my account. They say might take couple days to post. We will see if they refunded me the premium and shipping as well.

No but not even that, the auction also has pictures of an 85th anniversary patch on a navy blue shoulder, and the retired numbers from inside a heritage jersey...

I hope you get the refund you deserve because they certainly owe it to you.

On a different note, this is some of the most amateur bulls*** I've ever seen a so called 'reputable' memorabilia company try to pull. I know people already have a pretty negative opinion about some of the things Steiner does, but this one is laughably bad. You need to (if you haven't already) rip them on every social media platform possible, or even contact the Rangers to let them know their partner is disgracing their brand. They deserve all the bad press they can get for this. Honestly, for a company that is supposed to be affiliated with the Rangers and the NHL this is embarassing.

contact the Rangers to let them know their partner is disgracing their brand

Yeah, they wouldn't want their partner to be a bigger disgrace than their on-ice product!

You know to Shenanigans point, an NHL team is directly affiliated with a company who is profitting from the sale of illegal counterfeit goods that are infringing on the NHL branding and various other legalities. If it was me i would try and contact someone from the organization or post publicly. Im PRETTY SURE that the NHL who is flagship based from New York City doesnt want the Rangers using a company for merchandise and marketing that is dumb enough to auction counterfeit jerseys.

I think you should post it in the Facebook group again. This is ridiculous, especially since they deleted your original post.

Which FB group was it posted in?

Rangers game worn

Stefan the admin deleted the post and I immediately messaged him asking why it was deleted. He wanted to keep it for game worns only. I have been keeping him up to date of the situation and he wants me to keep Ken who works for Steiner and a member of that group aware as well. Ken said I will get the rest of the refund plus a $100 gift card for my troubles. The gift card Is worthless to me as I will not deal with Steiner again after this. Since I won 2 auctions they will not refund the shipping. So it's a matter of $15 the buyers premium plus the difference in the auction and refund.

Rangers game worn

Stefan the admin deleted the post and I immediately messaged him asking why it was deleted. He wanted to keep it for game worns only. I have been keeping him up to date of the situation and he wants me to keep Ken who works for Steiner and a member of that group aware as well. Ken said I will get the rest of the refund plus a $100 gift card for my troubles. The gift card Is worthless to me as I will not deal with Steiner again after this. Since I won 2 auctions they will not refund the shipping. So it's a matter of $15 the buyers premium plus the difference in the auction and refund.

Sell the GC, you'll make some of the money back.