Any ideas as to where I can find an authentic Tampa Bay Tyler Johnson jersey?

lissalou9

I have game worn Lighting jerseys and Jerseys I've bought from RCS, and the jerseys are identical. I'm not going to argue that the tags are similar or different, as I take the tag off the jersey when I have it stitched and could care less (as the jersey is the same). I live in Tampa and personally see no benefit to buying from the team store. The white jerseys in the team store are Indio-Edges BTW.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I was under the impression they were different. Thanks for clarifying.

Sorry, I was under the impression they were different. Thanks for clarifying.

The differences are listed on the first page. They're minor. But yes there are little detail differences.

A team issued jersey is going to have no retail tagging in the neck and have a double reinforced fight strap. I don't think there are other differences but those two minor ones.

Edited by dsl135

Stitching under each lace hole is another if the jersey has the shoelace neck.

The differences are listed on the first page. They're minor. But yes there are little detail differences.

A team issued jersey is going to have no retail tagging in the neck and have a double reinforced fight strap. I don't think there are other differences but those two minor ones.

I stand corrected, I checked my game worn and the "BOLTS" third that I purchased from the team store, and it is "team issued" with the very minor mods. I was wrong, what can I say. Next to my size 50 "BOLTS" edge 2.0, unless you specifically look for a sewn line on the inside of the jersey on the fight strap and the neck tag (which could easily be unstitched/removed), there is no difference. I don't consider it a big deal and certainly not worth the extra money I would spend on one (not to mention that I like size 50's). Have your stitcher add an extra line of stitching on the fight strap if it really bothered you. :) Everything else is identical.

Unless the jersey was an actual game worn or had a certificate that it was made up for a recognizable player by the team with the numbers already on it, I'm comfortable with it being an authentic. After all, I'm not trying to fool anyone that it was actually used in a game or owned by the team anyways.

I just got 2 more Lightning jerseys in yesterday:

IMG_1144_zpsuszpfka5.jpg

IMG_1146_zps8cdson4n.jpg

IMG_1149_zpsfm0psjq0.jpg

IMG_1150_zpsopyv8qof.jpg

Edited by khabbi

Have your stitcher add an extra line of stitching on the fight strap if it really bothered you. :)

It's not just a stitched line, it's an extra layer of twill. The team-issueds have a larger layer of twill under the fight strap with another twill layer sandwiching the strap from above. The retails have only one twill layer on top of the strap with nothing underneath it.

I just ordered a blank 2.0 from RCS. They were having a sale. As long as it's better quality than those horrible premier jerseys, I'm ok with the minor differences. Hopefully I won't get into a situation where I need a double reinforced fight strap, lol.

Edited by lissalou9

A member said here recently that they only sell white Indos.

Now I am absolutely getting a blue stamkos. I've wanted one for a while now and now I just have to do it with a cup patch.

I'm extremely tempted to get one at this point. Either Stamkos, Callahan, or Palat most likely... If I get one.

Now I am absolutely getting a blue stamkos. I've wanted one for a while now and now I just have to do it with a cup patch.

Blue is obviously the way to go. Those are some sharp looking jerseys.

Definitely need to jump on a white TJ. Already have the blue Stamkos. I'll eventually complete the triplet line, hopefully all end up signed/framed.

Why do they call them the Triplets?

The whole naming the line thing has been out of control for a while, but that one is just stupid. I like when they are more witty.

The best named line in hockey was hands down "The Mattress Line" with Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin and Jason King. Get it. 2 twins and a king.

Unfortuntely they blew chunks on the ice!

Edited by chow_hound