Any ideas as to where I can find an authentic Tampa Bay Tyler Johnson jersey?

lissalou9

May be some one knows who sells the Tampa game used /issued jerseys I would like to get a Coburn .

Unfortunately, almost impossible to obtain. All of the game used/issued jerseys seem to go into a black hole with a rare sample popping up on occasion.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If any one can find the black hole and locate me one I would appreciate it .

Thanks Khabbi for that info

Upon further inspection, it doesn't look anything like the RCS 2.0. Never mind....

Edited by lissalou9

If you take a look at the photos listed on the Edge 2.0 Lightning jersey that JB has on eBay you can see some of the details to look for in a legit one.

Biggest tip off will be the crest (or lack thereof) on the legitimate authentic Tampa Jerseys the bolt logo on the front is just two pieces of twill, the blue part is the jersey underneath, not blue twill on the premiers and fakes.

$_12.JPG

The smallest size available for an Edge 2.0 is 52, so I will probably just get that from RCS or JB. I was told that MSL wears a size 52, so I figure it should be ok because he's pretty small. Thoughts on where to send it for customization though? Who actually does the Lightning team jerseys?

The smallest size available for an Edge 2.0 is 52, so I will probably just get that from RCS or JB. I was told that MSL wears a size 52, so I figure it should be ok because he's pretty small. Thoughts on where to send it for customization though? Who actually does the Lightning team jerseys?

Honestly I wouldn't worry all that much. I just got a 46 and usually wear 52-56. I'm amazed at the lack of difference between a 46 and 52. Maybe an inch or 2 in the sleeves and a few in the chest. A lot closer than I would have imagined.

Edit: Figured seeing the difference would help you out a bit. I had my jersey out taking a few pictures anyway so I took this for you, 46 on a 52 both 2.0s. For a 52 you're looking at about an additional 2 inches on each sleeve and about 3 total in the chest/body. Just keep in mind you can always have the sleeves hemmed to make them shorter if you need too, I've done it before and it works fine with simple jerseys like tampas.

IMAG1527.jpg

Edited by JoeM7392

Where are the Lightning's game worn jerseys sold?

From what I've learned over the past few days, they aren't. Like not at all, anywhere.

Where are the Lightning's game worn jerseys sold?

This was literally addressed earlier on this page lol

Bobcat Athletic in California. Just fill out this form and Mail the jersey with it.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B02U51cZywclZlJ4Rm9zUk00TFU/edit?usp=docslist_api

Tampa sends their jerseys to CA? Interesting...

So does Columbus.

The Devils do theirs in Illinois. I don't really understand why all teams don't do it local.

The answer to the original question appears to be "directly in front of the goal".

I don't think its really necessary, especially in the day and age of overnight delivery.

Plus comparing my gamers from when Custom Crafted did the customization on Devils jersey to now my EPS-customized gamers, EPS is much better quality.

The Devils do theirs in Illinois. I don't really understand why all teams don't do it local.

I don't think its really necessary, especially in the day and age of overnight delivery.

Plus comparing my gamers from when Custom Crafted did the customization on Devils jersey to now my EPS-customized gamers, EPS is much better quality.

Surely SOMEONE local could replicate the quality. Honestly, you're right. Even if they did them in say, Jersey City, they'd probably be getting overnighted to Newark anyway, so it probably makes no difference.

Or even driven over. If someone local could replicate the quality of EPS, then we would know about them. Too many customizers in the tri-state area still cannot get the Devils font right, especially the lettering. Too many times I have seen too skinny or too small letters and too narrow numbers.

The overnight thing works. The only time that I can remember where it didn't work was when Zidlicky was traded at the deadline in 2012. He played either the day he was traded or the day after. Typically Meigray has the blank jerseys at their warehouse and they ship it to EPS to get them customized before EPS ships it to the Devils. In this case there was not enough time to do that so they grabbed a jersey from Meigray and had either the Devils Den or a local customizer do it. So Zidlicky played his first Devils game with a non-EPS jersey. That jersey is even listed in the population report as red set 2 but he also has another red set 2 that he wore that season. Saw the jersey pop up on eBay a couple years back and you can easily tell it wasn't customized by EPS.

Surely SOMEONE local could replicate the quality. Honestly, you're right. Even if they did them in say, Jersey City, they'd probably be getting overnighted to Newark anyway, so it probably makes no difference.

What is the difference between the $350 jerseys sold at the team store vs RCS vs JB?

Edited by lissalou9

That was mentioned on the first page of this thread in posts by MIGHTYDUCKS8 and dsl135. They are usually available in player sizes only, so it's not likely they'll have anything that fits you.