Do you wear your jerseys?

Chazberg

Nobody in LA cares about how much the Leafs suck, so I don't feel bad about wearing my Leafs jerseys here. :D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it helps that I have a pretty frugal collection of replica and authentic jerseys with no gamers......but yes, I wear them. I take good care of them, but I generally am not too worried about the jerseys worsening in condition over time.

I don't get this sauce paranoia. I've never had a stain that I couldn't get out with some Oxyclean and a gentle machine wash. Is it that you guys just NEVER want to have to wash your jerseys in order to keep them as mint as possible?

I almost only buy jerseys that are in the right size to wear. Which sucks, since gamers are way too big for me, and there are some good deals on TI/GI/GW jerseys. (100 dollar Senators Edge 2.0's stick out along with half the stuff at that previous RCS sale like those purple Kings jerseys).

I don't get this sauce paranoia. I've never had a stain that I couldn't get out with some Oxyclean and a gentle machine wash. Is it that you guys just NEVER want to have to wash your jerseys in order to keep them as mint as possible?

I always use Fels Naptha myself :D

But yeah, for me with new jerseys I always fear those first few washes, when I just feel like the jerseys are never gonna be the same again. After a few times though I can get to a place wear there's a little fraying but they still look fine, and then I'm more comfortable wearing them often and don't worry as much about every little thing.

I'm also surprised (and glad) to hear so many people have replicas. I always assume in places like this everyone looks down on replicas, but at the end of the day most people can't afford to have multiple Edge jerseys (let alone gamers) hanging in the closet.

Edited by Chazberg

I couldn't justify the expense if I didn't wear them. I can see not wearing high end gamers (70's/80's, guys like Roy, Sakic, Gretzky, Lemieux). A jersey is a long term purchase for me, I buy specifically to wear them and don't have intent to offload them. My family rolls theirs eyes at me when I show up in a jersey, I've reduced to wearing them on game days only. Part of the reason I won't branch out to other teams/styles knowing that I'll wear them too much.

Yeah, I wear mine. I spend too much money on them to not wear them.

I try to be careful when wearing them, but I realize that I can't prevent everything.

Is it that you guys just NEVER want to have to wash your jerseys in order to keep them as mint as possible?

I do not wash my jerseys after practice, just hang them. I don't want them to smell like washing powder nor (my) hockey sweat. (If I ever going buy a gamer..how do these smell like?)

^Depends on where and when you get them.

All my MGG Bruins shirts have been washed, and only really smelled like the material, and not like yucky hockey equipment.

Sometimes for a special event where they wear the shirts and auction them right away, they come right off the player's back, and often smell as such. There was a member on here with a 2012 Kings banner night shirt, who said it basically smelled like death. (Maybe I'm exaggerating, but yeah).

^Depends on where and when you get them.

All my MGG Bruins shirts have been washed, and only really smelled like the material, and not like yucky hockey equipment.

Sometimes for a special event where they wear the shirts and auction them right away, they come right off the player's back, and often smell as such. There was a member on here with a 2012 Kings banner night shirt, who said it basically smelled like death. (Maybe I'm exaggerating, but yeah).

That was me haha. Didn't smell like death exactly but it did smell awful. Barry packed them up right after the game and flew home.

Yeah, I wear mine. I spend too much money on them to not wear them.

I try to be careful when wearing them, but I realize that I can't prevent everything.

Ditto...

Thinking i'll be fine, I have managed to spill red sauce on a white jersey. So now I have had to get the Vanish Oxyaction out, and hope it works.

Let this be a lesson to you all, don't eat and drive.

Driving and eating something with red sauce is 99% of the time going to not be a good idea despite your choice of outfit.

I almost always have one on, I bring one to school nearly every day, and usually whenever I go out of the house. And always when I go to games.

Without going upstairs to count I think I have 17 or 18 gamers, 3 authentics, and 7 or 8 replicas from the mid 90's. I always wear a gamer while either watching on tv for good luck or attending in the stands. I never have a problem with spilling food because unlike apparently 99% of the population, I can go 3 hours without eating. It's really not that hard.

Without going upstairs to count I think I have 17 or 18 gamers, 3 authentics, and 7 or 8 replicas from the mid 90's. I always wear a gamer while either watching on tv for good luck or attending in the stands. I never have a problem with spilling food because unlike apparently 99% of the population, I can go 3 hours without eating. It's really not that hard.

Yeah, we can all go 3 hours without eating. But why would you want to?

I'm always a bit conflicted in wearing an authentic jersey to a game. On one hand, I have that insecure feeling of superiority that I took the time of day to seek out an authentic jersey and wait months on end for the team supplier to letter it. On the other hand, I spent that much time on a shirt that almost nobody is going to notice anyway. Too many people with s*** fakes and factory customized replicas from any given sporting goods store.

I'm always a bit conflicted in wearing an authentic jersey to a game. On one hand, I have that insecure feeling of superiority that I took the time of day to seek out an authentic jersey and wait months on end for the team supplier to letter it. On the other hand, I spent that much time on a shirt that almost nobody is going to notice anyway. Too many people with s*** fakes and factory customized replicas from any given sporting goods store.

Your jersey is for your enjoyment. It's what you do as a hobby. With comments like that, it's no wonder people come out with 'jersey snob' comments.

I think it's great having the jersey of one of my favourite players. People here in the UK are impressed by it. I don't wear jersey's to get 'likes' I wear it for my own enjoyment.

I think you support my point more than you realize. The fun is in hunting down and owning the shirts, not getting compliments on them (though, if it were only about one's own enjoyment, there would never be any posts to the "Arrived Today" threads). But, if the enjoyment is in owning the shirt, then there's no point in wearing it outside the house. Unless you actually use them as uniforms to play in, they're not very functional. Point being: I love my shirts, but I know that I care a whole hell of a lot more about them than anyone who sees them will. The post was more to poke fun at my internal strife about being a collector at all.

Whether that makes me a snob, it doesn't really matter. Maybe one day I can graduate to "jock-sniffer" with a big collection of nice game-worn shirts. Maybe one day...

I think you support my point more than you realize. The fun is in hunting down and owning the shirts, not getting compliments on them (though, if it were only about one's own enjoyment, there would never be any posts to the "Arrived Today" threads). But, if the enjoyment is in owning the shirt, then there's no point in wearing it outside the house. Unless you actually use them as uniforms to play in, they're not very functional. Point being: I love my shirts, but I know that I care a whole hell of a lot more about them than anyone who sees them will. The post was more to poke fun at my internal strife about being a collector at all.

Whether that makes me a snob, it doesn't really matter. Maybe one day I can graduate to "jock-sniffer" with a big collection of nice game-worn shirts. Maybe one day...

It all depends on perspective. I collect jerseys solely because I enjoy wearing them some people enjoy simply owning them. In the end, it's your jersey and you do what you want with it.

If that includes eating in the nude so you don't ruin it, you go for yours.