Do you wear your jerseys?

Chazberg

I like wearing my jerseys. I think they look nice, so I wear them. It's a waste to me if they just stay on a hanger. To me, that defeats the purpose of having them :P

That being said, all I do have are Premiers (at least for now). But once I get my authentic jersey, I'm sure I'll be wearing it too :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Replicas

Isn't that what they're for?

Authentics

As above only a pricier version. I haven't worn my Staium Series or Winter classics since I got them though...

Game Issued

Given it was never worn by the player there's no reason not to wear them in my book. They are a step above a retail authentic but only because they are customized by the official customizer and often have team specific alterations.

Gamer

Now that really depends. While there's no real reason why they should come to harm if you're careful in your own home, I tend to be more of the opinion that it should remain in the same condition it left the ice in. If you end up adding to the general wear and tear of the jersey (which lets face it you're not going to if you're just sitting on the couch at home, these things are built to last) by wearing it like a retail then what's the point in shelling out for a game worn in the first place?

It all depends on perspective. I collect jerseys solely because I enjoy wearing them some people enjoy simply owning them. In the end, it's your jersey and you do what you want with it.

If that includes eating in the nude so you don't ruin it, you go for yours.

That's my personal hobby. I get weird looks all the time.

That's my personal hobby. I get weird looks all the time.

You're just misunderstood, buddy. Don't let the man get you down.

• 4 weeks later...

I go to an art & design college. I wouldn't even wear a replica here since sometimes things can get messy. I wear my knockoffs there though.

I did too! I remember I had just bought my first Edge, a Toews jersey for his rookie season. I'd keep it in my locker so as not to get paint and sculpting materials on it, then after classes my buddy and I would walk over to the United Center and get $8 tickets with our student IDs and sit wherever we wanted. How the times have changed... :rolleyes: (Not that I'm complaining)

• 5 weeks later...

I have been debating when to wear my new authentic. I was thinking I would only wear it at home or to friends houses. Never to bars or actual games because I dont trust myself. I could fall down and mess it up because im drunk or snag it on something, easily. The other thing that concerns me are cigarettes. I dont want to ever smoke in my authentic and i always smoke when i drink and end up burning a hole in my clothes. Done it to my replica, coat, tshirts, etc. Maybe quitting smoking is the best idea? Queue anti smoking ad: WANNA WEAR YOUR AUTHENTICS? DONT SMOKE!

I usually think that people should wear their jerseys, but given your apparent propensity for falling and setting yourself on fire, I would say you should not.

Also, if you have burned your replica jersey, your coat, your t-shirts, and other clothing, you should consider quitting smoking because honestly, you really suck at it.

:D

Good luck to you. If all it takes to quit is buying a new jersey, then it was a couple hundred well spent. You could buy another with all the money you save on not buying cigarettes.

Guest Dr_Puck

As my interest in the hobby has grown in the last year-- and as I've added more gamers and authentics-- I've become far, far more cautious with food and drink. I don't mind wearing them to games and I'll wear them in the office on days I don't have meetings.

As my interest in the hobby has grown in the last year-- and as I've added more gamers and authentics-- I've become far, far more cautious with food and drink. I don't mind wearing them to games and I'll wear them in the office on days I don't have meetings.

I wish I had that kind of office.