Shadow boxes?

hockeyjerseyssuck

Thanks for the tip! I just grabbed my shadow boxes finally!

FYI, here at least, the frames weren't buy one get one, but they were 40% off each. And the 20% off doesn't start until Sunday (but I got 15% off tonight).

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They must not have the same prices everywhere, I just looked and they have 40% off with an extra 15% off here in Maryland. That makes me sad.

Edited by DC Red Wings

Thanks for the tip! I just grabbed my shadow boxes finally!

FYI, here at least, the frames weren't buy one get one, but they were 40% off each. And the 20% off doesn't start until Sunday (but I got 15% off tonight).

It must be different sales depending on the region.

Their store is weird, in that, almost everything is always on sale, it just differs by what kind of sale it is. It's usually either 40 percent off, buy one get one, or something similar.

They also almost always have 40 percent off one item coupons on their website, so it's foolish to ever pay full price for anything at Michaels.

It's only once every few months that they come out with the ____percent off entire purchase coupon, which always includes sale items.

60 percent off is pretty close to buy one get one free+20 percent off. It's actually a bit better if you only need one.

I buy my frames from London Drugs. They are usually $250 at regular price, but I bought 2 last year when they were on sale for $100 each. They haven't gone on sale in a while and I might have to buy a couple at regular price later this year when my pre-ordered Bieksa third comes in. They are great frames because they include a rod that you hang the jersey on and you just hang it inside the frame on this built-in hanger type thing (I'm not sure what it's called). I put all my gamers in them, I've also included some pictures of my jerseys in them.

photo1-2_zpsb21d470b.jpg

photo2-1_zpsd99bb6e1.jpg

I buy my frames from London Drugs. They are usually $250 at regular price, but I bought 2 last year when they were on sale for $100 each. They haven't gone on sale in a while and I might have to buy a couple at regular price later this year when my pre-ordered Bieksa third comes in. They are great frames because they include a rod that you hang the jersey on and you just hang it inside the frame on this built-in hanger type thing (I'm not sure what it's called). I put all my gamers in them, I've also included some pictures of my jerseys in them.

Those are nice looking frames. I like that you don't need to pin the jerseys down. Do you know if those frames have a product name/number or anything like that? I may be interested in something like that down the line...

Those are nice looking frames. I like that you don't need to pin the jerseys down. Do you know if those frames have a product name/number or anything like that? I may be interested in something like that down the line...

Here's the link: http://www.londondrugs.com/Glass-Window-Jersey-Case---87-x-106.5-x-7cm/L4624342,default,pd.html

Yes, they are great frames. The only problem is that it takes a lot of time to hang them up because you have to measure everything out (A collector I know bought 5 a few years ago and it took him like 4 hours of measuring to hang them up). They include a hanging kit which also has wall plugs and everything you need to hang it up.

Edited by mukmukfan89

Here's the link: http://www.londondrugs.com/Glass-Window-Jersey-Case---87-x-106.5-x-7cm/L4624342,default,pd.html

Yes, they are great frames. The only problem is that it takes a lot of time to hang them up because you have to measure everything out (A collector I know bought 5 a few years ago and it took him like 4 hours of measuring to hang them up). They include a hanging kit which also has wall plugs and everything you need to hang it up.

Thanks for the link! I guess I won't be able to buy from them directly since they're only based in Canada, but it gives me a good frame of reference if/when I look to frame some stuff. I can't wait to put some $350 jerseys in $250 frames!

Thanks for the link! I guess I won't be able to buy from them directly since they're only based in Canada, but it gives me a good frame of reference if/when I look to frame some stuff. I can't wait to put some $350 jerseys in $250 frames!

The ones at Michaels posted above work out to like $90 each right now.

Figured I'd share a photo of mine, since I have all of them up now.

IMG_57711_zpsd78bbdcd.jpg

The 3 jerseys on the one wall are all the 30x40 frames (two are size 52's, one is a men's XL)... plenty of space in the bottom of these to add photos or the like. The small frame behind the recliner is the 24x30 frame (youth L/XL jersey).

Absolutely love the look of these. It really classes it all up. This is what it looked like before...

IMG_4268_zps8531e200.jpg

• 1 month later...

I went and bought one of the Michaels ones when they had the 40% + another 20% off for my Carlson gamer.

k6s990h-vi.jpg

Except the garden variety hangers were too small and didn't really do the jersey justice. So I decided to order these double-dildos21" foam hangers. They come in a pack of 3 and is shipped free for $14 which was the cheapest I could find.

IMG_20140516_224113-vi.jpg

The great thing about these is that the hook comes separately and the attaching point for it on the hanger is just right for hooking on to the shadowbox. The jersey looks much better with the wider hanger.

IMG_20140516_223607-vi.jpg

Now I just need to find a 12x18 frame for the print.

IMG_20140516_224143-vi.jpg

Reading a serious post by Guam is like watching a dog walk on it's hind legs. Just doesn't seem natural.

Reading a serious post by Guam is like watching a dog walk on it's hind legs. Just doesn't seem natural.

His posts on gw.net aren't nearly as funny as they are here. Love the USA gamer Guam

I am drooling over that Carlson set up. Where did you get a high-res photo printed?

I had it printed by mpix. They were offering free shipping for a $15 purchase so I got that and a 8x12 printed of my Bondra. My first choice was actually a Reuters photo but they never responded about it.

IMG_20140517_220159-vi.jpg

What happened to your Carlson? Did your cats eat it already?

What happened to your Carlson? Did your cats eat it already?

Yeah, unfortunately. Gonna sell my tattoo equipment to buy a sewing machine so I can put it back together, though.

PG0w3jq.jpg

All done up with the photo now. Question for the architects in here: Will the cardboard box I am living in support the weight of this frame?

IMG_20140519_164839-vi.jpg

DSL, that Flyers cave is awesome! Looks great with the frames. Well done!

All done up with the photo now. Question for the architects in here: Will the cardboard box I am living in support the weight of this frame?

Make sure you screw it into the studs and you should be fine.

If you don't know how to locate the studs yourself, get a stud finder. Point it at yourself first to confirm it's working.

If you don't know how to locate the studs yourself, get a stud finder. Point it at yourself first to confirm it's working.

Lmao

Oh_stop_it_you-vi.png

• 1 month later...