The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got one of those as well from Patch Collection and it came in the National Emblem package but did not have the hard glue backing, or the sticker. However I don't believe it's fake.

I got one of those as well from Patch Collection and it came in the National Emblem package but did not have the hard glue backing, or the sticker. However I don't believe it's fake.

I'm actually very glad it doesn't have that glue backing.

What color would the stitching be for this SCF2015 patch on a hawks jersey? Red, White or Black?

I'm assuming it would be whatever the outline of the patch is, right? So, white?

Has anyone ever had any luck finding sponsorship patches for AHL jerseys?

I'm trying to find a Team Ferior (TF) black patch for an Adirondack Phantoms jersey.

Also looking for an AHL patch like the one on the bottom hem of all AHL jerseys.

Would take a loose patch or a cheap authentic jersey that I could strip the patch off of.

See picture:

19637.jpg

minnesota wild five year patch.

Is there two versions? Team patch vs Reproduction?

Or are they all good?

I see some that some are sharp as a razor, and some that have loose threads around the edge.

Also looking for an AHL patch like the one on the bottom hem of all AHL jerseys.

Would take a loose patch or a cheap authentic jersey that I could strip the patch off of.

See picture:

Why not get a 75th patch for the back hem along with a Calder Cup finals patch? Depending on player, both the Reebok text and vector were both used in the Finals games.

minnesota wild five year patch.

Is there two versions? Team patch vs Reproduction?

Or are they all good?

I see some that some are sharp as a razor, and some that have loose threads around the edge.

Your best bet is probably the official national emblem one.

Why not get a 75th patch for the back hem along with a Calder Cup finals patch? Depending on player, both the Reebok text and vector were both used in the Finals games.

I actually removed the 75th patch. And I don't need a Calder Cup patch for this. I'm not trying to recreate that exact jersey in the picture. I just posted it for an example of the AHL patch. Thanks though. Edited by dsl135

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-2004-Minnesota-Wild-All-Star-Game-jersey-patch-/251999224568?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aac5302f8

I'm assuming it's a repro, but for the price I'm paying (and considering it's just going on a replica) am I good to go?

So. I've had a bit more time to research this Wild Year Five patch thing and...

1) I have not found any National Emblem versions on ebay, current or completed items.

2) when compared to game worn jerseys none of the ones on ebay look similar in that the E's inside the green circle, perticularly for XCEL are curved at the corners consistantly on multiple examples of gamers. Which leads me to believe they are all repro's

Did the Coyotes wear any patches on their 01-03 jerseys besides the Gretzky retirement night patch? I found an inexpensive one that would work well on my Yotes jersey but I'd like to know if I have any other options.

Did the Coyotes wear any patches on their 01-03 jerseys besides the Gretzky retirement night patch? I found an inexpensive one that would work well on my Yotes jersey but I'd like to know if I have any other options.

http://nhlpatches.com

Doesn't look like it

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone point me in the direction of a legit Stanley cup 100th anniversary patch

Can someone point me in the direction of a legit Stanley cup 100th anniversary patch

Is that the one commemorating the last time the Leafs won the Cup?

I have one not sure if it's authentic or not. I bought it at the meigray expo in 2013.

5B92959F-B2C7-465A-9DDA-D75D2E52731B_zps

Is that the one commemorating the last time the Leafs won the Cup?

Fudging Kerry Fraser.

I have one not sure if it's authentic or not. I bought it at the meigray expo in 2013.

Lak74 please confirm if patch is real

Lak74 please confirm if patch is real

So I guess I'm "The Authenticator" now, haha. (Actually, I'm quite flattered.)

Well, until recently I would have said that Flyers845's patch looked like an original. However, after some recent conversations regarding the SC100 patch with some very experienced collectors in this forum, I am no longer so certain about my ability to distinguish between originals and a few very close reproductions which apparently came out later.

I will say that I cannot see anything on this patch that definitely tells me it's not an original. It looks quite good to me, and I would have no problem using it on an authentic jersey. However, if you ask me if I am absolutely 100% certain that it is an original, I could not say so.

Maybe Slim, Chow_hound or some others can chip in here with their opinions.

Edited by LAK74

Mike keeps pictures of a lot of patches from gamers on his photo account. Here is a link, he has two different examples.

http://public.fotki.com/Friggy/jersey-collection/all-patches/nhl-patches-1/page2.html

I have no idea why they're different, but they are, somewhat drastically. So...

:doh: