It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

Ahhh, a fresh page to work with.

Found these 15 minutes from my house in a little sports store. What a steal. All game-worn or game issued. They were all $75 a piece. All from 13-14 from what I can find.

015_zps01mioyab.jpg

016_zpss2c0v5zz.jpg

013_zpsgtohnexs.jpg

014_zpsobhn8wio.jpg

009_zpsukbf5z0p.jpg

010_zpsphiuruuq.jpg

001_zpszx6uumr6.jpg

002_zpss05htxj6.jpg

007_zpsucokoppd.jpg

008_zpszdr1wjec.jpg

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this next jersey has a great story to it, and it has probably become my favorite jersey I own. I went out to Hershey for the weekend two weeks ago (actually going back out this weekend) with my girlriend. We both loved it. For anyone that has never visited Hershey or seen the Bears play, they have a diehard following and it is amazing out there. So I really wanted to buy a game worn jersey while I was there but they do not sell them. On Sunday, our second game of the weekend, I noticed a table with some jerseys. There was a Bears 3rd game worn jersey. I asked the guy at the table and he said I had to buy raffle tickets. So I buy $20 worth, got me 80 tickets. In the meantime my girlfriend bought 20 tickets for $5. She thought they were for the 50/50 and when she found out they were to win a jersey she was pissed at me. We crumpled up all of our tickets and put them in a big tupperware bin with approximately 2,000 tickets already in it. So halfway through the 2nd period I wanted to move from down low to up high where it was less crowded. On our way up I stopped at the table but my girlfriend kept walking. The guy working the table was on his cellphone. Clearly not recognizing me, I asked if there was a winner, he said "yes I am trying to call them" and asked if I wanted to know the winner. I said yes. He looks at the sheet of paper and says "it was a young lady named" and that was all he could get out as I looked down the concourse at my girlfriend answering his phone call. I started yelling down to her out of pure excitement, everyone stared at me like I was a lunatic. I was thrilled and so was she. It was pretty cool. I read her an article the night before about how the Bears raised over $38,000 last year selling off gamers. The 3rd jerseys sold in auction with the cheapest one going for $700. So as the guy hands her the jersey he says he knows someone who wants to buy it, calls the guy, and the guy offers $250. Without saying a word my girlfriend declined it and we both walked away excited. It was awesome.

Sorry for the long story but figured a lot of you guys would get a kick out of that.

Brandon Segal 2013-2014 game worn alternate jersey. Multiple repairs and burns on each arm. Tremendous wear on an alternate.

011_zpszfrzf6ga.jpg

012_zpsladmfvri.jpg

Nice story Kurt. If I ever make it to Hershey again, I'll let you know. Congrats ok the pickup. Their jerseys were always sweet.

Great haul on the Crunch jerseys ... I especially like the Orange SYR ones. Did you buy all the store had ?

I went to school a Syracuse University and quite a few Crunch games always a good time. Would be a fun jersey to add to the collection especially at that price.

That's an awesome story Kurt, and a great jersey.

I totally agree... go to Hershey for a game. Its a great atmosphere.

And WOW, those Syracuse ones (especially the Kucherov and Palat) are absolute STEALS!

Edited by dsl135

I made a purchase from local "craigslist". Sorry for the poor pictures, I haven't received actual jersey yet.

I was just wondering if anyone could give me any feedback on it. It really doesn't fit my collection but made a purchase because it was too interesting and odd to pass.

So what we have is authentic Reebok jersey, size 58. I'm thinking it's a goalie cut, but not 100% before I receive the shirt.

Team is Worldstars, the team bunch of NHL players toured in Europe during NHL lockout 04-05 season and played exhibition games.

Based on info I found they played like 7 games late 2004.

I tried to find information regarding these shirts, but didn't really find much. Were pro shirts even sold to public?

Compared to pictures I found Brodeur from these games name and numbers seem to be exact match. It even has the captain C that you rarely see on goalie shirts :)

Any input and info would be appreciated.

brodeur_worldstars.jpg

Great haul on the Crunch jerseys ... I especially like the Orange SYR ones. Did you buy all the store had ?

I went to school a Syracuse University and quite a few Crunch games always a good time. Would be a fun jersey to add to the collection especially at that price.

Unfortunately this was all the store had. They had 7, pretty decent names, hanging on a coat rack. It's odd that 6/7 of the names all play for the Lightning right now and are young kids with a lot of upside. Not sure why the store had these and only marked them $75 lol. I am not complaining though.

Nice story Kurt. If I ever make it to Hershey again, I'll let you know. Congrats ok the pickup. Their jerseys were always sweet.

Thanks Tom. It is such an awesome place, and their jerseys are awesome.

That's an awesome story Kurt, and a great jersey.

I totally agree... go to Hershey for a game. Its a great atmosphere.

And WOW, those Syracuse ones (especially the Kucherov and Palat) are absolute STEALS!

Thanks Dan. Super stoked on the Crunch, and you are 100% right about Hershey. It's incredible.

Great story Kurt!

Thank you, figured everyone would appreciate a good jersey story!

Nice Kurt! She's a keeper :)

Oh Rob, get this, I originally bought 5 Crunch jerseys on Wednesday. I showed them to her Wednesday night and told her they had two of them left and one was Andrej Sustr who plays for the Lightning, she told me I would be crazy not to go back and get the last two. Needless to say I went as soon as they opened yesterday haha.

Both of these showed up yesterday. The White has some good wear on the sleeves and a nice mark on the back number. Already photo matched it to a repair on the arm. The Antropov has pretty much no wear since it was only worn for two games right before he was traded to the Rangers.

16216847860_e34b230840.jpg16402498241_fb3b7d548e.jpg

16216847870_250d7eaf5a.jpg16218023229_666aa5e036.jpg

Did/do the goalie pads really need that much room? Cause man, the sleeves on that goalie cut jersey look baggy.

Edit: I dare some one who wares 46 in Edge to take a picture of him or herself wearing a square cut goalie sized jersey!

Edited by jolmari

Did/do the goalie pads really need that much room? Cause man, the sleeves on that goalie cut jersey look baggy.

Edit: I dare some one who wares 46 in Edge to take a picture of him or herself wearing a square cut goalie sized jersey!

I'm a big guy, 54-56 in the square cuts. I recently tried on a 58G and the sleeves looked ridiculous.

I'm a big guy, 54-56 in the square cuts. I recently tried on a 58G and the sleeves looked ridiculous.

Yeah, I wonder why they made those sleeves so big? Well, I guess it's better to have that extra space than not to have it.

Chicago Blackhawks Anders Eriksson gamer 98/99 season. This jersey was worn for a few games right after the Chelios trade and has some repairs and stick marks :)

DSCN0076_zpsi5cfmh9i.jpg

DSCN0078_zpsaszktgqm.jpg

Yeah, I wonder why they made those sleeves so big? Well, I guess it's better to have that extra space than not to have it.

You'd be surprised how large some of the goalie pads are today. Some Franz and Hans level of padding there.

Psyched about this one. Wanted an Adirondack Phantoms jersey and fell in love with this one game wonder. I usually don't collect gamers but I wanted this style and had no other options.

Used in one game 2/26/10. Jason Ward had a goal and an assist and was named second star in this jersey. It looks brand new with the exception of what appears to be a skate cut on one sleeve.

165b3706403aaa5fce18a8264817b884_zps9cb5

a78d86556e058dec41383ed372fbea26_zpsb3d4

Psyched about this one. Wanted an Adirondack Phantoms jersey and fell in love with this one game wonder. I usually don't collect gamers but I wanted this style and had no other options.

Used in one game 2/26/10. Jason Ward had a goal and an assist and was named second star in this jersey. It looks brand new with the exception of what appears to be a skate cut on one sleeve.

That's the thing about minor league collecting. There are so many one-off Aeros sweaters I wish I'd had a shot at. No waiting on eBay for the right price or right player, you kind of have to pull the trigger.

Great sweater regardless though. Love the pseudo-USA style.

That's the thing about minor league collecting. There are so many one-off Aeros sweaters I wish I'd had a shot at. No waiting on eBay for the right price or right player, you kind of have to pull the trigger.

Great sweater regardless though. Love the pseudo-USA style.

This one actually did pop up on eBay, that's how I found it. But I get what you're saying.

Guest Dr_Puck

Fitz, that is an awesome jersey. I love the homage that's paid to the Olympics with that shirt.

And LongDistance is right ... minor league teams do so many of these one-off jerseys that it can be hard to keep up. To me, it enhances the collecting but it also drives up prices.