L.A Kings new jerseys, a real abomination

tomtucker

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they first came out I didn't like them at all. I thought the crest design was unimaginative and boring. Now that they've been around for a while, I've gotten used to them and they don't bother me anymore. I actually bought a few of them recently. :rolleyes:

As for the stripes, I don't mind them at all. If they weren't there the jersey would look even plainer than it does now. That said, I don't think this design will go down as one of the greatest in Kings history from an aesthetic point of view, but as Anze Kopitar likes to say, "It is what it is."

Right on!

They're gonna look pretty good while holding the Stanley Cup.

That is absolutely true.

I don't think they are anything special, but they are a lot better than what they previously had with "LOS ANGELES" across the bottom. That didn't work for me at all.

I actually like the crown jerseys (now the 3rd jersey in its black version) better; the purple and black combination looks really sharp to me. I agree though about the "Los Angeles" lettering; I could have done without that.

I love the new jerseys. Loved that they went back to black, silver, and white. The new crest is a nice change and gives them a modern look. I was upset they didn't bring back the Chevy logo or the crown at first but the new crest has grown on me.

If they win the Cup, I couldn't care less what goes on the banner! :D

I think they are the best jerseys that they have had since the "Chevy" logo. The previous few sets have been hideous in my opinion.

These I really like, and I even own a game worn.

home debut jersey.

6fc33a9e.jpg

9bfd0f9e.jpg

Come to think of it, I've never seen a replica/Premier version of the purples. Do they sell it somewhere?

Still, I agree that the crown looks squished on the new logo. Either they focus more on the crown or make it less ornate.

Come to think of it, I've never seen a replica/Premier version of the purples. Do they sell it somewhere?

Still, I agree that the crown looks squished on the new logo. Either they focus more on the crown or make it less ornate.

I have never seen a retail version of the purple either. At least a real one anyway.

I have a retail Edge version (1.0) of the vintage purple jersey, and it's legit.

I liked them as the third. Growing on me as time goes on. Will eventually put one in the collection. But I still think they need more of this:

Hey isn't that JerseyHound's jersey.... Just kidding. Nice jersey redbeard. Glad to see it posted again by the real owner.

Actually I got it from a member here, who got it on eBay, where the seller said it was originally from IceJerseys. This is the only legit version I've ever seen; you see tons of fakes at the games.

Nice. Must have been a short production run.

All I've ever seen are fakes. More than a few bad ones at Monarchs games too.

Yes, I remember seeing the Purple Kings and 40 Anniversary Canucks on IceJerseys. I believe they had both in the 1.0 Edge Authentic.

I liked them as the third. Growing on me as time goes on. Will eventually put one in the collection. But I still think they need more of this:

KevinWestgarthVintageFront.jpg

They should wear this for one game in the finals......not gonna happen, but they should....

I'd go for that!