Wear your name?

Kaiser416

I think with minor league jerseys, it is alright to put your name on it...team affiliations change all of the time and players move too constantly.

My last name is extremely close to that of an Italian dictator, so maybe I should put it on a jersey to scare some folks.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two. Both Kings gamers. As a Kings fan it was a no brainer that I needed them. Started me down the road to collecting.

I'm sorry about your last name.

My last name is extremely close to that of an Italian dictator, so maybe I should put it on a jersey to scare some folks.

Oddly I have a similar problem, my last name is that of someone famous from WWII, and not for good reasons. :closedeyes:

I have a Flyers jersey with my name on it. It was a gift (and one of my first jerseys). I love it, even though I don't wear it very often. I wouldn't customize one right now with my name on it, but when I have kids, I think its a good option, so that they don't want a new jersey every time a player gets traded.

And it's different than any other last name in what way exactly?

MikeGreen-PostKoci-2009-12-16-1.jpg

Just a guess, but I think he was referring to the resemblance to above.

I wouldn't wear my own name ever, either it's blank or an actual player. But that's my preference. I remember scoring a Team Canada authentic cheap because the guy put his name on it. Took me a while to strip it down but it was a good deal!

• 2 weeks later...

Put my name over a previous player's screened on name on a beer league team's jersey I played in. When I returned the jersey I took the name bar off and put it on the one white Noridques jersey I used when the next team I played for had to wear white (when playing another team also in blue). Nordiques jersey had the previous jersey owner's name screen on back.

Only have 2 jerseys with my name on them. I made a Team Germany crest to put over some awful screen printed logo that was on a jersey; put my name over whatever sponsor was screened on the back of the jersey. Also, made the 'CCCP' numbers and cresting for a blank uncrested jersey that was in the style of the soviets in the 1991 Canada Cup; put my last name transliterated into Russian Cyrillic on the back even though they used regular Roman letter last names then.

I have no problem with people putting their name on NHL or other jerseys, but don't plan on putting my name on any of my other jerseys.

I think I may have already posted a pic of the Soviet one a while ago in the 'Member Projects' thread.

Here's the Germany one.

2713020240102258651S425x425Q85.jpg

2466342410102258651S425x425Q85.jpg

This is the closest I've ever been to my name on a gamer. I wish I still owned this jersey, it was HAMMERED!

2850271120107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

2376380420107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

I would never put my name on an authentic jersey but I did put my name on a replica jersey I use for my Beer League. My team is named the Red Wings so we all wear white Red Wings jerseys. So I ordered a replica from jersey express and had them customized it with my name and number.

I've bought a Red Wings nameset and numbers with my nickname and own number but I'm hesitant to apply it. I might just use it on an old Red Wings 'fashion jersey' I've got. Any other players with the surname 'Walsh' apart from Dustin Walsh at the Canadiens? It feels a bit weird wearing the name of a player younger than you.

Edited by walshie90

I've bought a Red Wings nameset and numbers with my nickname and own number but I'm hesitant to apply it. I might just use it on an old Red Wings 'fashion jersey' I've got. Any other players with the surname 'Walsh' apart from Dustin Walsh at the Canadiens? It feels a bit weird wearing the name of a player younger than you.

Jim Walsh.......Buffalo Sabres

http://www.legendsofhockey.net/LegendsOfHockey/jsp/SearchPlayer.jsp?player=14629

Sweet! Thanks man. Funnily enough my middle name is James and my papa was called James / Jim Walsh.

Try finding HOWELL on a jersey

I have always wanted to do up jerseys with Thurston /lovey my wife will have nothing to do with it .

• 3 weeks later...

Like a lot of others on here I wouldn't get my own name with my personal favorite number, or game number I've had on jerseys when I played rec. league. And like a lot of others here I would get a jersey if a player in the league had my last name and played for my team: the avalanche. Joey Crabb played for the Leafs this year and is a UFA this summer (share's my last name) and if the Avs were to sign him, I'd get a jersey right quick.

I do currently have this jersey, however.

Andersonjerseypic.jpg

A friend of my wife's family (and a friend of mine) was a hockey player and a huge fan of the Avs. He was diagnosed with Leukemia as a child and had a recurrence as a high school student. When he played, he wore #22, and when he passed away, I started wearing his #22 on my helmet and had River City Sports make this jersey for me as a tribute to my friend Josh. I like to think that when I play, or go to the Pepsi Center and wear this jersey, or when my wife comes with me and wears it, we're taking our friend to a game. I've worn this to countless games at Pepsi Center and no one has ever commented. I figured when Craig Anderson played for us that someone, at least once, would tell me I had the wrong number on my Anderson jersey, but not a single word. Foul or not, silly or not, Josh was a great kid and I love this jersey.