New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

Mike, allow me to help you. You can see Sarner in the 3rd picture, and he's scoring the goal in the last picture, but is being blocked in the shot by the defenseman in front of the net.

AP7202050162.jpg

AP7202070178.jpg

AP7202090101.jpg

AP7202090119.jpg

AP720209093.jpg

AP7202120163.jpg

AP7202120197.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a pre-season rookie tournament jersey I'd have no problems stripping it, it's like a game issued IMO if it's that clean. You'd never be able to "photo match" it, and even if you could the significance that it wasn't even an NHL game negates the normal "omg you are stripping a game worn" imo

Niedermayer looks awesome in it, I love mine ;)

I can't wait to get mine stripped and made into a Niedermayer. You just had to show yours off didnt you? :lol: I'll have to wait until April to send it off, but I'll get mine soon enough. Nice jersey.

I can't wait to get mine stripped and made into a Niedermayer. You just had to show yours off didnt you? :lol: I'll have to wait until April to send it off, but I'll get mine soon enough. Nice jersey.

I am going the same route but with the home one. Where are you guys sending yours to? My gamers are layered not kiss cut so that makes it a bit easier I'd guess.

Hey guys

I haven't posted in ages, but I missed this. My collection grew during that time.

Here are my latest additions:

All-Star Price and Kings Gagné

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75476957@N04/?saved=1

Is the Gagne a premiere or EDGE 2.0?

Is the Gagne a premiere or EDGE 2.0?

Why would it be a 2.0? We've already covered the topic a thousand times on here, and I know it's been told to you more than once. EDGE 2.0 jerseys aren't available at retail for any team besides the Jets (and even those are Indo's now from the looks of things) and All Star jerseys. Every other team's jerseys with the wordmark are going to be Indo-EDGE. The retail tags and fight strap are clearly visible in the picture, so why would you even have to ask?

Some goodies for today and thank you Mitch for the nice deal.

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

John Taft played in the 76 Olympics not 72...

Did they wear the same sweater?

The other ones are sweet though.

I found you that Ultrafil Sabers that you were looking for.

I am going the same route but with the home one. Where are you guys sending yours to? My gamers are layered not kiss cut so that makes it a bit easier I'd guess.

Yeah the Ducks jerseys from 2007 are layered. I am going with EPS that way I can send my Selanne 3rd to get redone as well. What player is your Home Ducks going to be?

I only mention this because I think you would want to know, but the "A" on the Kopitar would normally be italicized and with rounded corners, and the bands between the layers on the back numbers are much wider than they should be. Otherwise, love it!

I'm practically drooling at those 2 blank white Kings. Wish one of them was a 44...

Trust me the jersey is as if it were put on once, worn for a game, and the guy sat on the bench. It's a personalized used jersey. A cool fact about the player is that we have the same birthday. As for the home set I think I remember seeing it and it having a hole on it, it had some sort of wear on it.

Completely asinine to strip a gamer , that isn't your jersey , you are simply the custodian of that jersey. That jersey like all game worn jersey have history attached to it maybe the history is small and insignificant but it has history. One day Mr. Peters kids might want to buy their fathers only jersey and it will have been stripped by some guy who thinks cause he paid 200$ he can crap on anything he buys. The hobby is not about that if you strip gamers you might as well be chopping up jerseys for cards ..whats the difference card company will argue they paid for the jersey they can do what they want with it.

I have zero respect for people who do this they are exactly what is wrong with the hobby. The hobby is about preserving history not remodeling it to fit your personal collection. I actually feel sorry for you.

Mike , since these guys think stripping gamers is ok why don't you strip your 1972 USA olympic shirt i mean imagine how cool that shirt would be if it was a Mark Howe and not a Craig Sarner. YEAH STRIP it make it a Howe, who is gonna miss Craig Sarner???

You guys are sad and anyone that thinks its ok to do that is sad too. I am not the authority on jerseys and i can hardly say i speak for all but i do know right from wrong and stripping gamers is wrong and posting about it makes you not very bright in my book. Now i know i might be starting a debate or a war of words and i apologize for being passionate about this hobby but when i see people doing this stuff it drives me nuts. Card companies destroying jerseys because they "own" them or because they want everyone to "share in the experience.

Clowns who decide to strip gamers to make them into other players so it can fit their collection are just as bad in my book. It has to stop and if my rant stops even one person from doing that then i am happy. If my opinion upsets people who do this too bad i don't apologize , if yoga re doing this you should not collect jerseys and you shouldn't be posting here or anywhere else.

What if it was never used in a regular season game? Can you call it a gamer? They don't keep stats in the NHL for preseason games. So how would a jersey be worn in the preseason be considered a gamer? Is it because meigray puts a serial number on it? The wild jerseys I have bought are either considered a game worn jersey or a team issued but never worn in any game. No serial numbers, just a special tag that states what year worn, set number and the term game-issued All wild jerseys get this tag. However if it's team issued they scribble out the word game with a black sharpie. I can see your point, but he bought it for himself. Let him do as he pleases. If you want to rant more about it, why not take your case up to card companies who shred jerseys for card inserts. Only difference is they are selling to benefit themselves.

I'm a bit of the same opinion on stripping a gamer however I totally disagree with you on the custodian thing. If I pay for something it is mine, I'm not renting a jersey, I own it. Right or wrong as the owner of a jersey you are free to do with it as you please, so I think you are being a tad harsh with the name calling and basically making the guy out to be a horrible citizen. The jersey was worn in pre season and if I'm reading this right didn't even see ice time? It's more or less a team issued jersey at that point, and I've stripped plenty of team issued jerseys. If you want to save the Peters jersey to your standards for his kids to buy 30 years from now maybe make him an offer for it?

What if it was never used in a regular season game? Can you call it a gamer? They don't keep stats in the NHL for preseason games. So how would a jersey be worn in the preseason be considered a gamer? Is it because meigray puts a serial number on it? The wild jerseys I have bought are either considered a game worn jersey or a team issued but never worn in any game. No serial numbers, just a special tag that states what year worn, set number and the term game-issued All wild jerseys get this tag. However if it's team issued they scribble out the word game with a black sharpie. I can see your point, but he bought it for himself. Let him do as he pleases. If you want to rant more about it, why not take your case up to card companies who shred jerseys for card inserts. Only difference is they are selling to benefit themselves.

The Hawks deal with their own gamers now, the equipment manager tags every single jersey but on the team issue and pre season jerseys I've seen the tags to authenticate the jersey are taken out and you can see where they were removed inside the jersey. Basically there's nothing authenticating it as a gamer at that point.

And yeah, the card companies are doing far bigger crimes on this one...the jerseys they cut up are actually used in games, are fairly big names and are possibly used in "historic" situations.

The guy has been PMing me for a half hour or more, preaching to me how wrong it is to strip a gamer. The jersey wasn't even worn during preseason, the guy who posted it said it was used during a preseason ROOKIE TOURNAMENT, which essentially makes it a training camp jersey. He's making a big deal out of someone stripping what amounts to a customized team-issued jersey. It was never worn in any type of NHL game.

Completely asinine to strip a gamer , that isn't your jersey , you are simply the custodian of that jersey. That jersey like all game worn jersey have history attached to it maybe the history is small and insignificant but it has history. One day Mr. Peters kids might want to buy their fathers only jersey and it will have been stripped by some guy who thinks cause he paid 200$ he can crap on anything he buys. The hobby is not about that if you strip gamers you might as well be chopping up jerseys for cards ..whats the difference card company will argue they paid for the jersey they can do what they want with it.

I have zero respect for people who do this they are exactly what is wrong with the hobby. The hobby is about preserving history not remodeling it to fit your personal collection. I actually feel sorry for you.

I bet you his wallet disagrees with that.

Regardless of your views, there is zero need to degrade someone for their decision. He paid the money for it, and as far as I am concerned, he can do whatever he wants with it.

I dont agree with that card companies do, but again, they paid money for the jersey, they own it, and they can do whatever the want with it, even if it as stupid as cutting a jersey up.

Orangeblitz, dont listen to what people say. You may be persuaded to keep the jersey as is, but if not, do what you want. This hobby is only as great as you make it. Dont let anyone tell you what to do or guilt you into something you dont want to do. If someone loses respect for someone because you stripped a rookie pre season jersey, than that is their problem, not yours.

Why would it be a 2.0? We've already covered the topic a thousand times on here, and I know it's been told to you more than once. EDGE 2.0 jerseys aren't available at retail for any team besides the Jets (and even those are Indo's now from the looks of things) and All Star jerseys. Every other team's jerseys with the wordmark are going to be Indo-EDGE. The retail tags and fight strap are clearly visible in the picture, so why would you even have to ask?

Yeah... it's an edge, the retail one.

The all-star one is actually a 2.0.

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

These are nice but the font of the name is too big, it's from the pre-edge era. And the 'A' is wrong unfortunately. As far as I know, only IceJerseys and EPS do the Kings 'A' right.

THIS IS WHAT I SENT TO A MEMBER EXPLAINING MY POSITION:

what if it was your sons jersey? what if this peters fellow becomes president of the USA or invents a cure for cancer how would you feel then? look you have the right to your opinion but guys who have been collecting much longer then you think this is wrong. If you buy a game worn jersey it is not yours to do with it as you please ,you can't use a bobby orr jersey to clean your elfin car it does not work like that. This is what card companies do. If you buy a flag do you have the right to burn it? its your isn't it? The flag ilke gamers are symbols they hold history if you collect jersey you love hockey and your job is to protect them.

To answer your question i think i have an obligation to speak up against this cause i care , i care about the hobby i have invested a good part f my life in it and it means a lot to me. If you think its just used clothing then we don't share the same feelings on the subject . If you buy it does not mean you can do what you want with it. Some of the stuff i own has been in the hockey hall of fame. Do you think i should strip it or add some marks to it or maybe i can even burn it . I paid for it, its mine right? The hobby is great it preserves hockey history no matter how small for you to enjoy and maybe someday your kids. If everyone thinks the way you do so much of it would be lost and that is truly sad.

Yeah, that was one of the messages you sent to me. I stopped reading after "what if this peters fellow becomes president"....I didn't even see the part about you comparing stripping an in-house ROOKIE TOURNAMENT jersey to burning a flag. That shows how ignorant you are. Stripping a jersey and burning are flag are entirely different things.

Get over yourself. Seriously. You were a cool dude until you made yourself look like a jackwagon on the forum, and then PMed me to preach to me about my own opinion.

Actually flag burning is not illegal in the US or Canada. Unless you burn a flag that you don't own, then you will probably get arrested. For arson.

Orangeblitz, you F(&^*** arsonist. I hope you burn in hell. :lol:

I got news for ya bud, if I paid for a Bobby Orr jersey and wanted to clean my car my car with it I'm gonna clean my ###### car with it. With that said, that's the worst analogy I've ever seen, who in their right mind would pay thousands for something to clean their car with when you can get a pack of microfibers for $25!

He paid for it, he owns it, he can do what he wants with it so let it be.