New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

I have to agree with the Carter-Bernier-Gionta line. Which is why I went with this one:

80b6c3d2.jpg

31b4ce29.jpg

Not a playoff one, this is Set 1.

I might have been the only guy in the building during Game 2 (other than Carter) wearing a Carter jersey though! Sadly, he had the only goal. The other Carter got the game winner.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pickup that carter:)

I also have to say about Bernier that i have much respect for this guy.

He gave answers to the media after game 6. Another guy would hide himself in a corner, but he was staying there.

Are either of you die hard Devils fans?

I'm a Bruins fan. After that, I'm a hockey fan. And this year, once the Bruins were eliminated (or eliminated themselves, depending on your perspective), I decided that I liked the way the Devils were playing and there were no obvious d-bags on the team that would prevent me from wanting to see the team do well. I also tend to like hard working, lesser known players who step it up in the playoffs, which had something to do with why I picked up the Ryan Carter.

bluejacket, nice stuff, and thanks for your help at the equipment sale today!

my haul:

You have any game issued Alts with the Reebok wordmark covering up the vector that you are willing to part with, or any left you could snag for me? I am trying to get a Hunwick done up and I know the one game he wore one that is what he was sporting

Not really new, as I've had these since the early 90's.... when I started collecting jerseys again late last year, it was a pleasant surprise to find these.

Very nice indeed.

You have any game issued Alts with the Reebok wordmark covering up the vector that you are willing to part with, or any left you could snag for me? I am trying to get a Hunwick done up and I know the one game he wore one that is what he was sporting

Just an FYI, he did wear the 3rd jersey on the bench and worn up but the game that he got his only playing time (2:33 TOI Vs NYI on 4/7/12) they were wearing the home blues. Sadly the Jackets did not put any of these jerseys up for sale. They did have a few game issued 3rds that were selling for $400.

142563748_slide.jpg

Just an FYI, he did wear the 3rd jersey on the bench and worn up but the game that he got his only playing time (2:33 TOI Vs NYI on 4/7/12) they were wearing the home blues. Sadly the Jackets did not put any of these jerseys up for sale. They did have a few game issued 3rds that were selling for $400.

I know he was only on the bench, can you PM me to let me know if there are any left, and if so if I have to get somebody to pick me up one, or can go online?

I know he was only on the bench, can you PM me to let me know if there are any left, and if so if I have to get somebody to pick me up one, or can go online?

Cool just wanted to make sure, PM sent.

Welcome back to me!

Team Issued Reebok Edge 2.0 Ryan Callahan New York Rangers 2011-2012 Away Jersey W/ Captains C

IMG_7710.jpg

IMG_7711.jpg

I'm very surprised to see the jersey that the capain was supposed to wear in the Stanley Cup Finals to be a vector jersey with a wordmark patch over it...

The Finals GI Gaborik I picked up was also a vector with Reebok sewn over it. The Prust I picked up was not. There seemed to be a bit of randomness to it. Both were size 56. Also interesting to me was that Zetterberg's jerseys for this year's playoffs were also Vectors with a Reebok patch.

Matt, that's interesting. With my Isles gamers...the Isles tried to remove the Vector (and did), but also used airknit to cover the spot up. Nice pickup though! Glad you got it!

I'm pretty sure they're layered. (I don't have a gamer; just going off photos)

Derek MacKenzie 2011-12 Blue Jackets Alternate jersey.

Curious, do the Jackets have a second tag that has a serial number to identify the jersey later on, so you cannot change a scrub to a starter, or is it just this tag that says the jersey was a game jersey?

Team Issued Reebok Edge 2.0 Ryan Callahan New York Rangers 2011-2012 Away Jersey W/ Captains C

Grats man - kinda bummed I missed out on that one considering I ordered my Girardi and McDonagh jerseys before you, so it was still available and I just forgot to ask. Glad it went to a good home though.

Hopefully tonight or tomorrow I'll finally get around to taking photos of my new arrivals and post them.

Thanks dude. I really wanted the blue one, but that was gone before I got to it, even though it was on the email list he sent out after I bought it. It really is a beauty. I sorta wish it wasn't a patched vector jersey though, but an actual wordmark jersey. I have vector jerseys. Oh well, I'll still enjoy it, and probably wear it to the first game of next season.

Curious, do the Jackets have a second tag that has a serial number to identify the jersey later on, so you cannot change a scrub to a starter, or is it just this tag that says the jersey was a game jersey?

Only one tag.

Not sure I understand the point of changing a game issued to a player in the wrong style and size, but wanting the wordmark covered up at the same time.

IMO, leave it be, wait until you can get a blank goalie cut and do it right. Meanwhile, collectors who want GI of the specific players still have an opportunity to get what they want.

No judgement implied, it's your money, but it's hard for me to support it. I think if a jersey is made up by the team, it's already more interesting than the standard jersey. I know getting edge 2.0s are tough, but there's gotta be a better way.

Not sure I understand the point of changing a game issued to a player in the wrong style and size, but wanting the wordmark covered up at the same time.

IMO, leave it be, wait until you can get a blank goalie cut and do it right. Meanwhile, collectors who want GI of the specific players still have an opportunity to get what they want.

No judgement implied, it's your money, but it's hard for me to support it. I think if a jersey is made up by the team, it's already more interesting than the standard jersey. I know getting edge 2.0s are tough, but there's gotta be a better way.

I wanted a 2010-2011 alternate with the JHM collar, that had the vector patch covered by the wordmark for the 2011-2012 season. Seeing Hunwick's jersey from the game he was on the bench that is what he wore. I know people disagree about if it is a sin to alter a game issued, I personally do not have an issue with it and prefer the smaller sizes to goalie cuts as they fit me better (I know some folks care but I have never been preoccupied with wearing the same size as the player). I am checking with the store to see if they have anything left.

HunwickBJ.jpg

Finally have my first authentic in my hands, a blank Canucks Home Edge 1.0 from hockeyjerseyoutlet! Didn't see the need to post pics, since it's blank, but thanks to everyone on the board for their help in my initial thread! I feel like I have gone through Hockey Jerseys 101 and survived! I can't wait to purchase more authentics in the future and I'll post pics if I ever get this thing customized. Thanks again! :thumbsup:

They have a Mayorov game issued 3rd jersey that would be best for stripping. It has no set tag and since he bolted for the KHL no one is going to want his jersey.