New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

Yesterday was a good day at the mailbox! Been trying to get an '01 all star world team jersey for months. 3rd time's a charm! Found a place online selling clearance brand new '01s in April. Cheap, new, but replica. Price was too good to pass up, so I asked my wife to get me one for Father's Day. It got here and I intercepted it at the mailbox, and ninja-peeped in the envelope. Turns out the company pictured the wrong jersey. What showed up was a North America '01 and it was the last one they had in stock (don't worry, I kept it and plan to have it done up with Sakic). A few weeks later a 52 authentic showed up on Ebay. I'm still a little green and had no experience with sizing other than Starter Authentics and Replicas so I wasn't sure how a CCM 52 would fit. I decided to bid...my strategy worked, and I won the jersey at a decent price. When it showed up I was pumped! But when I put it on it fit like a *****ing TENT! All I needed was a hood & a lightsaber and I could've been Obi Allstar Kenobi. I tried and tried to convince myself that it was no big deal, but it really was like wearing a queen sized comforter. Luckily the seller accepted returns and I wound up spending $20 in shipping both ways to learn about CCM authentic sizing. Weeks went by and I saw a seller come up on Ebay with several all star jerseys, but no '01. His description said he had other jerseys, so I took a shot in the dark and messaged him asking if he happened to have a 48 '01 world. I was floored when he came back and said he did! He sent a pic and the jersey was NWT and still in original plastic. I couldn't believe it. I messaged him that I was interested. No response. 2 weeks go by and he's nowhere. This week I finally get him back and we arrange a time and price. Guy was so cool he agreed to list at a specific time so I can be at the computer - and even PMs me "standing by" before he lists. Doubt anyone else would've seen & bought ahead of me, but it was really cool of a complete stranger to be so accommodating. The same day the jersey shows up, TMLFAN's nameplate material shows up. Thanks TMLFAN! Exciting day yesterday. Will take everything to DA in a few weeks to be made into - you guessed it - a Forsberg.

IMG_2891.jpg

Patches, btw, were found on Ebay weeks ago. Didn't come with the jersey.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man; what kind of dork ruined that beautiful Canucks jersey by adding the 20th anny patch to it?? That color red was only used from 1991 on. Boooooo. If you could get that patch off, it would be perfect. That year was the first that they went to the red from that darker orange-ish color too so it would work out nicely.

I have no idea why they did that. Thanks for the confirmation though.

A couple more that I had done way back when:

180c5181.jpg

01e01247.jpg

b3d9ae54.jpg

d599f7d4.jpg

35f928f7.jpg

f86c619c.jpg

29c0bc03.jpg

c26c72b4.jpg

I don't remember who did the customization on any particular jersey anymore. It has been nearly 20 years. I think Jersey Express might have done a couple of them. But any comments about the customization are welcome.

Nice Turgeon. It's very rare to see that font done up properly but whoever did that one knocked it out of the park. Those early 90's Isles jerseys were great. A classic design with a really cool font. What the hell happened???

Oh yeah:

milbury-vi.jpg

HA!

Nice Turgeon. It's very rare to see that font done up properly but whoever did that one knocked it out of the park. Those early 90's Isles jerseys were great. A classic design with a really cool font. What the hell happened???

If I recall correctly, I had that done the year after he had the monster season - the one that ended with Dale Hunter knocking him through the end boards. So probably fall of 1993.

His best year period. He had 60 goals that year I think.

Those Sakic retails from their inaugural year make me sad. The fonts that the supplier used for the name wasn't even close to what they wore on the ice. I don't know where they got that goofy thing from but it's waaaaay too big. Unfortunately, it went on every single pre-customized Sakic jersey that year.

EDIT: Quiet you. Were you even alive that year???

EDIT: Quiet you. Were you even alive that year???

Haha yup! First game was in the 96/97 season when I was 5 years old. Trevor Kidd and the Carolina Hurricanes beat Tommy Salo 3-1

Really love those's 90's jerseys. I have a few CCM authentics bought from the 90's that I never had done up. Red Capitals, Blue Maple Leafs, White Bruins, White Blues jersey. I've have to post them once I get them customized.

I have no idea why they did that. Thanks for the confirmation though.

A couple more that I had done way back when:

I don't remember who did the customization on any particular jersey anymore. It has been nearly 20 years. I think Jersey Express might have done a couple of them. But any comments about the customization are welcome.

Those are some amazing early 90's CCM's you got there. I don't know why but so many places did the names on those Leafs Ultrafil's wrong.

A game issued Jody Shelly jersey that was stripped and made into a Lindros Alumni game jersey big thanks to Mike and Hockeymusic

Can't wait for mine to come in, which ironically, also used to be a Jody Shelley jersey.

Not a new pick-up but some HHOF patch's I was looking for finally popped up on Ebay so I was able to get an 05 patch to put onto this jersey. How fitting is it that I finish this jersey up on draft day and the 20th anniversary of the day this guy was drafted first overall but refused to play for the Nordiques. Weird.

Wow very sharp!

Maybe I should do the same.....that is a nice jersey and the only time Lindros would have worn an HHOF jersey....

If I recall correctly, this was someone's preseason jersey. I think I removed the nameplate, who knows where it went. I want to say that it belonged to Cal McGowan, maybe 1991 preseason.

cee261b2.jpg

28e7039a.jpg

And here's a Graves jersey I had made up out of a blank Rangers jersey I had. Crosby's did it. Unfortunately they didn't listen and added the A. I think Larmer had the A on the whites.

858b2e15.jpg

7d645343.jpg

I also picked up this Alexander Svitov from the Blue Jackets sale. I don't believe that it was worn. This CBJ KOHO alternate style was used in 2003-04. Svitov played 29 games for the CBJ in 03-04. I primarily picked it up though because I did not have any of the KOHO 3rds.

I still miss those old thirds. Just a great looking shirt, IMO. there's nothing I don't like about them, just sharp as all get out.

Thanks. Geoff Sanderson was a pretty good player... for a couple of minutes.... LOL.

From the time I got this one back almost 20 years ago, I always thought that the patches were wrong. Can anyone verify that?

Maybe my eyes have deceived me, but I think that's an 89 - 92 with the orange and gold trim. So if you lost the 20th Anni patch it would be an accurate 91/92 Bure.

Am I right or is it a 92 - 97 with the red and yellow trim? Could just be a funky picture. From what I've been told CCM had stopped producing the gold and orange colors which is why they changed. The 89 - 92 is my personal favorite style Canucks jersey, especially the black version.

IBleedUnionBlue, great choices on both jerseys. MacKenzie is always on my short list of jerseys, but another player always seems to win out and that Svitov was the only 3rd that caught my eye out of all of them they had for sale.

Maybe my eyes have deceived me, but I think that's an 89 - 92 with the orange and gold trim. So if you lost the 20th Anni patch it would be an accurate 91/92 Bure.

Am I right or is it a 92 - 97 with the red and yellow trim? Could just be a funky picture. From what I've been told CCM had stopped producing the gold and orange colors which is why they changed. The 89 - 92 is my personal favorite style Canucks jersey, especially the black version.

I would have bought it in 1992, so I think that what might have happened is that they grabbed a jersey that had the 1990 patch on it and added the 75th anniversary patch, since when you compare this one

78f3108f.jpg

with this one,

f1a3b2d5.jpg

The white one is orange and the black is red (and the later one). My lighting sucks, but you can tell in person.

Edited by Gr8erade

Man I need one of those CBJ alts so bad. Do you think there are any game issued left? Id love to get one.

Got this jersey in. Awesome little size 48 air-knit bruins early 90's away.

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

I also have had quite the luck with baseball jerseys lately. My faves are the Jason Werth rookie jersey and a 1994 team issued braves jersey. So many great players can go on the braves jersey.

Everything's condensed down to prevent clutter

11a6a321.jpg

815d9413.jpg

ef2fc43c.jpg

And here's a Graves jersey I had made up out of a blank Rangers jersey I had. Crosby's did it. Unfortunately they didn't listen and added the A. I think Larmer had the A on the whites.

You are correct. Gravy only wore the 'A' on the blue roads during the '94 Finals

Sure, because some teams wear practice jerseys for pre-season games. I remember the Barons wearing the San Jose Sharks' practice jerseys for their first ever pre-season game. I've attended about 500 AHL games in person, and I have never seen any type of "jock-tag" on an actual game jersey. Including third and/or special jerseys.

You're somewhat right and somewhat wrong. Teams have used those practice style jerseys in regular season games multiple times. Houston wore them ~5x back in 10/11, including their game up in Minnesota:

1188691742_dT3Jv-M.jpg