2012 Winter Classic discussion

JohnnyOnTheSpot

Rangers are offering Winter Classic replicas to season ticket holders ahead of the release date, a pre-sale of sorts. Blanks for $165, players for $235. 10, 17, 19, 24 & 30 only guys available.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the release date for the Winter Classic jerseys has been pushed back to the 20th (originally the 15th):

Most Items: Leaves warehouse in 5 - 7 full bus. days. - (Details)

** Release Date: Buy now for shipping by 12/20/2011. - (Details)

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12139235&cp=3176617&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

Rangers are offering Winter Classic replicas to season ticket holders ahead of the release date, a pre-sale of sorts. Blanks for $165, players for $235. 10, 17, 19, 24 & 30 only guys available.

Nice. Too bad they're hideous and overpriced.

Here's some pictures from the SkateZone. If you zoom in you can really see the felt. These look great. Can't wait to get mine.

Storepics104.jpg

Storepics103.jpg

The "Keystones" look great. The big question is will Pronger be ready for the game now or not? If not, will somebody else wear the "C"? Also, If the Flyers do wear the jersey in games later in the season, Pronger could actually play in the jersey and there could be two possible Captains wearing the WC.

Great looking Flyers jerseys I am hoping the ones fro River City are 2.0 I am all over those if so .Not sure if the Flyers will dawn these for regular season thirds would be nice .

Yea, I absolutely hated the look of the keystone in concept art and on the jerseys at the Wells Fargo Center (much smaller, not the right size at all). But seeing these, I definitely can say it has grown on me.

I'll be getting Jagr as soon as I can, and eventually probably Pronger and Giroux as well, maybe Briere. Who knows. I'll definitely be looking for blank ones at Marshall's, etc. after the season. Buy a couple for $20 and get them customized for $65 or so... less than $100 works for me!

The "Keystones" look great. The big question is will Pronger be ready for the game now or not? If not, will somebody else wear the "C"? Also, If the Flyers do wear the jersey in games later in the season, Pronger could actually play in the jersey and there could be two possible Captains wearing the WC.

If they do wear them later they would take the WC patch off the shoulder just like the Caps did for a home game last year, just be aware anybody planning on getting a Pronger if he is not playing in the WC.

If they do wear them later they would take the WC patch off the shoulder just like the Caps did for a home game last year, just be aware anybody planning on getting a Pronger if he is not playing in the WC.

Not necessarily. The Flyers wore their Winter Classic jerseys at home 2 games after the Winter Classic in 2010 and didn't remove the patch.

The Flyers wore the jerseys issued to the players for a couple of games after the WC with the patch attached.

The Bruins wore a new set that was made up for the team without the patch.

If all goes well with Pronger's rehab, he will be playing on January 2nd which is 33 days from now. He is expected to play 4 weeks after surgery which was done this week. He wouldn't miss this game would he?

The Flyers wore the jerseys issued to the players for a couple of games after the WC with the patch attached.

The Bruins wore a new set that was made up for the team without the patch.

If all goes well with Pronger's rehab, he will be playing on January 2nd which is 33 days from now. He is expected to play 4 weeks after surgery which was done this week. He wouldn't miss this game would he?

Speaking to a friend, I was saying if Pronger cant go for the WC, (If for only this one game) they should put the "C" on Jagr's jersey... Out of respect for his career, and the fact that he is such a mentor for the young guys on the club and a great example of hard work, dedication, and leadership.

Speaking to a friend, I was saying if Pronger cant go for the WC, (If for only this one game) they should put the "C" on Jagr's jersey... Out of respect for his career, and the fact that he is such a mentor for the young guys on the club and a great example of hard work, dedication, and leadership.

Sure Penguins fans would love that. Penguins fans are warm in the embrace of knowing that they have the best team in the league. For all my fellow Caps fans, it is troubling that now it is no longer just illegal for us to win in the Playoffs, but the regular season as well.

That would be a nice gesture. However, I am sure the will do what they have done all year and go with three alternates. There is no reason why they couldn't throw an "A" on Jagr. Giroux is still extremely young and will have many years to wear the "A" and quite possibly the "C" in the near future. I couldn't understand why when Timonen and Pronger were out Talbot wore the "A". Maybe Jagr doesn't want to get involved with all that and chooses to just lead by example.

Gagne was approached numerous times after Primeau went down about wearing the "C" and said thanks but no thanks.

The pecking order for the Captaincy is kind of weird, if you base it off of who wore A's during the regular season. The order is:

1 - Pronger

2/3 - Briere and Timonen (neither wore the C in Pronger's absence)

4 - Giroux

5 - ...Talbot.

I'm personally hoping Pronger's out so I can get the A on my Giroux. Otherwise...seriously, why the hell is Talbot ahead of people there longer than him (Coburn, Meszaros, Hartnell) AND new arrivals with a history of leadership (JAGR!). Blew my mind.

I think we should create a new forum area that is just for the Flyers fans on this board. So they can have their own space to talk about Flyers stuff.

Then, we can lock them all in there and throw away the key! Yay!

I think we should create a new forum area that is just for the Flyers fans on this board. So they can have their own space to talk about Flyers stuff.

Then, we can lock them all in there and throw away the key! Yay!

Did you ever notice that there's not like a whole group of like Red Wing fans or Boston fans that dominate a thread like Flyers fans do?

Did you ever notice that there's not like a whole group of like Red Wing fans or Boston fans that dominate a thread like Flyers fans do?

Amen brother..

Hey mike...You wanna go to a Titans game together? I can bring an extra Flyers jersey for you to wear :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I meant he wore a letter everywhere he's been. Official leadership, not necessarily tangible leadership over the team. Poopy head.

You know you long for these days:

article_20521_2.jpg