DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a fellow Canadian i have specifically stopped buying from sellers who use this option and refuse to provide an alternative because of what Tmlfan described above. The company Pitney-Bowes literally slaps a new mailing label ontop of the same package and re-directs it to the destination address. They charge EXCESSIVE import and duties as well as delay the entire shipping process.

For example. A seller in Seattle Washington can mail a package via USPS direct to myself in Vancouver BC Canada for approx $15 USD. However with the Global Shipping Program it goes from Seattle to Nantucket to get relabelled and then from nantucket to Ontario Canada and then Ontario Canada to Me. For those who dont follow geography instead of going 3 hours north from seattle to vancouver it would go 10 hours east and 3 hours north and 10 hours west and cost me an extra $15 on a $100 purchase.

This program is a complete joke. Its truly a cash grab.

I encourage all US sellers to opt out as you are killing your chances of potential Canadian Buyers bidding and it costs you nothing out of pocket to opt out other then having to write down a different mailing address for each sale.

So far I've seen Canadian and European buyers get shafted by this Global shipping program when buying items shipped from the USA. Can the same thing happen to US buyers who win items shipped from outside the USA?

Done, I'm no longer offering Global Shipping as an option.

But, I am also still not "reducing" the item price, at least not on eBay where the sale price is recorded.

Here in the forums, a "used hockey shirt" will still have less value than a "game worn jersey" or "rare authentic jersey".

Hey Guam....you must be thankful for the domestic shipping policies........that way you can get your claws on this beauty which is from a US seller - Canadians won't be running interference on this one....

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/331647039812?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

DO IT! You know you want to...

Did anyone on here get the Devils Christmas Tree jersey i posted a link to? Just curious if a collector on here got it or someone like Jerseys4thewin got it?

Did anyone on here get the Devils Christmas Tree jersey i posted a link to? Just curious if a collector on here got it or someone like Jerseys4thewin got it?

In case I didn't b**** and moan enough, I did not get it. But if someone tries to flip it, they may make some money at my expense.

Entire Brodeur collection up for auction. No game worns but all are either replica or authentic. Some of the items in there are pretty rare so have at it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Martin-Brodeur-Jersey-Collection-20-Jerseys-/201440115116?hash=item2ee6c439ac

Entire Brodeur collection up for auction. No game worns but all are either replica or authentic. Some of the items in there are pretty rare so have at it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Martin-Brodeur-Jersey-Collection-20-Jerseys-/201440115116?hash=item2ee6c439ac

Is there anything in there that makes that worth even close to that much money? I'm not seeing it. Lots of replicas.

Out of the 20 jerseys, the Laser, the 2004 World Cup Team Canada and the Worldstars jerseys are probably the most valuable. I would say even a replica of the Worldstars jersey is worth $300. Right now if you are the winning bidder at the opening bid, you are paying $100 a jersey. Not great but not awful.

Edited by Devilsguy

Wow I had no idea the worldstars was even close to that, but now thinking about it it does make sense.

I can't say much about the other jerseys, but being a reproduction isn't the value of the laser pretty low? It's cool and I'd buy it for a couple hundred or so but I'm not sure how much value it actually has.

Whoops I added one too many zero's lol I meant to type $300 for the Worldstars. I fixed it.

Still a nice collection. I think if he pieced it out he would get more.

I figured you meant $300, I was still unsure they were worth that much.

But yeah I agree, worth more separately. It's too hard to get somebody to pay that much. It would have to be somebody pretty hardcore into jerseys, and the replicas would not be what that person would want, at least I don't think.

Replicas are hard to price, at least it is for me. I have seen $150 replicas sell for $50 and I have seen $80 replicas where people throw $200 at. Makes no sense and this is another reason why I switched to game worns full time. Authentics tend to be a little more stable as well.

Jersey collectors like those on this board tend to know the actual value a lot better than the masses, and he has been promoting this on Devils FB groups as well. The masses tend to be all over the place and all he need is one person to look at say the Laser jersey and just empty their pockets for it thinking they have something that is worth tons. To some that jersey is worth $250 and to others like me, I wouldn't throw more than $60 at it.

Edited by Devilsguy

He has tried he has had them up on Facebook for a long time ,keeps saying help a family adopt a child thats why he is selling . Most are replicas the signature look ok on some if you like autographed jerseys

Its a cool collection, most of them are not things I'd be into but some are.

But I have to throw this out there, it really irks me when someone sells jerseys and doesn't think to list the size(s). I mean, there are 4-5 jerseys in there I might have been interested in individually, but are they my size? No idea.

I mean some people probably don't care, but what if someone wants to do something crazy like WEAR them, why not list sizes???

Yeah that's a pretty important piece to leave out. I think for gamers it is not as important for the obvious reasons but for authentics and replicas it's pretty much almost mandatory.

Probably my biggest listing pet peeve is when a seller doesn't list a price and instead puts "make me an offer." I see that a lot on the Facebook game worn groups and it really irks me that they can't put in at least a ballpark price of what they want. Even if it is a little high it is a starting point to negotiations if open to it and no one gets insulted.

Edited by Devilsguy

Yeah that's a pretty important piece to leave out. I think for gamers it is not as important for the obvious reasons but for authentics and replicas it's pretty much almost mandatory.

Probably my biggest listing pet peeve is when a seller doesn't list a price and instead puts "make me an offer." I see that a lot on the Facebook game worn groups and it really irks me that they can't put in at least a ballpark price of what they want. Even if it is a little high it is a starting point to negotiations if open to it and no one gets insulted.

It bothers me for gamers as well. You have to assume at least SOME people are gonna want to slip it on. Not to mention, it's a descriptive that's easy to include, why not just include it?