It arrived today

lafountain

Sweet! I loved those flag patches on the Swiss jerseys. Way cool.

Got any name picked out for that one?

Thanks, Jeff. I couldn't pass adding this one to my collection. They were the last holdout from the swifts. That's 4 Swiss authentics in my collection.

Sorry, but it will stay as-is. In my collection, I only have 8 customized jerseys, which is less than 3%. All were either won, given to me, or bought for close-out prices, except my 1994 Maple Leafs road Doug Gilmour, which I bought in Toronto the summer he became captain. I bought that on the spot and is still one of my favs. Years later I added a home Sabres from the short time he was in Buffalo from the Sabres store at HSBC Arena. A fully customized authentic for $100. I'll take it!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a Sabres Daniel Briere jersey from last season coming in the next week or so. I bought it closeout as well. :) I'm a sucker for a good closeout jersey sale. That's how I got my Jagr Capitals jersey for $60 and my Shanahan Red Wings jersey for $100.

Ah, the Jagr Capitals jersey. It makes me wonder what's the most over produced jersey vs. demand in NHL history.

I know that they were not too thrilled with Jagr in Washington by the end. Sure, they may hated Yashin more in Ottawa, but far, far less Yashin Sens jerseys were made than Jagr Caps.

That having been said, my vote goes for the Forsberg Flyers jerseys filling your ebay searches by the dozens. They didn't have enough time to make the Predators ones!

Ah, the Jagr Capitals jersey. It makes me wonder what's the most over produced jersey vs. demand in NHL history.

I know that they were not too thrilled with Jagr in Washington by the end. Sure, they may hated Yashin more in Ottawa, but far, far less Yashin Sens jerseys were made than Jagr Caps.

That having been said, my vote goes for the Forsberg Flyers jerseys filling your ebay searches by the dozens. They didn't have enough time to make the Predators ones!

In all honesty, I picked up the Jagr because I thought the Caps white jerseys were sharp. I always thought it was funny that the Pens traded him to one of their top rivals. I actually saw another here in the desert when the Capitals came to town in January of 06.

Got this today:

3rdcirca1999ProPlayerauthentic-vi.jpg

rdcirca1999bProPlayerauthentic-vi.jpg

My first Pro Player!

Also, I have another absolutely PRICELESS jersey on its way. Stay tuned.

Very, very nice one there Brilliant.

Got this jersey today and customised it right away. My first Authentic with a tackle twill nameplate. I'm still not quite sure which patch to add onto this jersey.

WPG_Selanne_home_front.JPG

WPG_Selanne_home_back.JPG

That is a beautiful Jets jersey. I would add the 92-93 Stanley Cup patch from his 76 goal year. He only wore 13 from 92-94 I believe, before switching to 8. I don't think they had any patches in 93-94.

WOW! That one puts mine to shame! Just gorgeous. I'd put a 100th anniversary patch on it too but you may have to find the one with the orange border rather than white. I know the Jets wore that one in 1992-93 but I don't know if they wore the standard one that the rest of the league wore...other than Montreal and Quebec of course. Jeff would know. Also, is it just me or does the 'A' look a little odd? Not bold enough maybe? I can't place it.

WOW! That one puts mine to shame! Just gorgeous. I'd put a 100th anniversary patch on it too but you may have to find the one with the orange border rather than white. I know the Jets wore that one in 1992-93 but I don't know if they wore the standard one that the rest of the league wore...other than Montreal and Quebec of course. Jeff would know. Also, is it just me or does the 'A' look a little odd? Not bold enough maybe? I can't place it.

I need to go dig out my Selanne rookie card or his 2nd year card. I do agree, it is a little odd.

I saw a picture of Selanne wearing a blue Jets jersey with the 100thanniversary patch on it that has the white outline but I don't know if it was worn like that on the white one too.

The "A" might be a little off because I don't have the correct specs. All I could use is this picture right here --->

http://image22.webshots.com/23/4/23/3/206842303LPDhoW_fs.jpg

Is it just me or does the "A" really has a white outline?

How about this one ----->

http://image50.webshots.com/550/3/52/46/24...23QDdeBy_ph.jpg

looks like the "A" has a blue outline...

Yeah, it doesn't look as thick as the other 'A's I've seen in pictures. BUT, I don't know if it's because most of the pictures I've seen are in the blue jersey. By the way, those links don't work for me.

Yeah, it doesn't look as thick as the other 'A's I've seen in pictures. BUT, I don't know if it's because most of the pictures I've seen are in the blue jersey. By the way, those links don't work for me.

try this one : http://sports.webshots.com/photo/1206842303049198940LPDhoW

Welcome aboard Mithras1! You'll like it here.

My Daniel Briere Sabres jersey did show up last night. It was sitting in a box outside my door around 10pm (I never heard the FedEx man bring it). For all the controversy over the logo, I have grown to like the new Sabres jerseys style. I particularly think it looks way better personalized, hence why I got the Briere jersey on sale. I can also notice some of the Edge patterns showing up in this replica. I'll post pics later!

Actually, after seeing that white jersey shot, the 'A's were very similiar. I guess I just got used to seeing the same generic style that a lot of other teams wear/wore. You're looking good there.

Wanted to ask you if the flag patches are 2.5 inch? Thanks in advance :thumbsup: .

Welcome to the board.

No, it's actually 3 7/8" square (10 cm).

Welcome to the board.

No, it's actually 3 7/8" square (10 cm).

Thanks and thanks :) . Yes I though they looked bigger than 2.5 but was hoping they might be the same size as the all-star jersey flag patches. Oh well ... :lol: .

Welcome aboard Mithras1! You'll like it here.

Thanks as well and I'm sure I will :thumbsup: .

Had two items arrive today.

First.

IMGP0034.jpg

Next we have my Authentic EDGE Thrashers jersey. Great deal on Ebay, thanks to Finny for pointing it out to me.

IMGP0035.jpg

IMGP0036.jpg

I like that Wild jersey. I've been looking for a white authentic for a while now but unsuccessful.

I FINALLY got what I was waiting for in the mail today. The guy who sold it to me overcharged me on shipping. I paid 15 bucks and it took a WEEK to get here. That's absurd. Here it is though:

dWings3rdcirca1991CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Wings3rdcirca1991bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Nice looking new jerseys!

Lafountain, great choice on the white Wild jersey. That one has always looked good to me and better than the green one did. Its neat you were able to get a good deal on the Thrashers jersey and yours looks good. Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to see too many Thrashers jerseys in person. How do you like your new Edge authentic? What do you think of the sizing and how it fits you compared to the previous authentics?

Brilliant! Great choice on the Wings jersey. I actually miss Fedorov's glory days with them. I have never been able to picture him in anything but a Wings jersey.