• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my Wings jersey back from patching:

RedWingscirca1996Nikeauthentic-vi.jpg

wings-vi.jpg

She did a fantastic job.

That is a nice looking patch job.

Coincidentally, does anyone know what icejerseys.com would charge for putting 1 cup patch on the front of an authentic? I already have a name and number, I just need the patch sewn on. And any clue what the turn-around time is? Many thanks.

I was just so impressed with the job they did on fully customizing my Richards jersey, it inspired me to get the patch put on my St. Louis. But I'm hoping it's not a flat $80 fee regardless of the customization...

If I were you, I'd find a local athletic shop and have them do it for you. Shipping a jersey all the way to Canada and back just for a patch is a little bit of a waste of money. I'm sure the guys at IJ would agree with me too. Just make sure to specify to the person actually doing the sewing where EXACTLY you want the patch and that you want the zig-zag pattern used rather than the straight stitch. This way it looks professionally done.

This week I'm gonna look to have the Selanne jersey the Honda Center ruined for me at the Ducks' home finale repaired. The numbers still all seem to be in good condition as well as the nameplate, I'm just hoping they can sew them onto the correct area which is still noticeable from the glue imprint.

If I were you, I'd find a local athletic shop and have them do it for you. Shipping a jersey all the way to Canada and back just for a patch is a little bit of a waste of money. I'm sure the guys at IJ would agree with me too. Just make sure to specify to the person actually doing the sewing where EXACTLY you want the patch and that you want the zig-zag pattern used rather than the straight stitch. This way it looks professionally done.

This was my thinking too, it's just hard to locate that sort of thing, the Tampa Bay area isn't the most hockey oriented place, though we do bill ourselves as Hockey Bay, USA. What would I even go looking for in the phone book? Athletic supplies?

And what should I be looking for when I pick one? I'm gonna be very careful which place I pick, as the jersey was my very first. It has tremendous sentimental value because I bought it at game 7 in 2004, the night my Lightning hoisted the cup. So, needless to say, I don't want it botched or I'd be devastated.

This was my thinking too, it's just hard to locate that sort of thing, the Tampa Bay area isn't the most hockey oriented place, though we do bill ourselves as Hockey Bay, USA. What would I even go looking for in the phone book? Athletic supplies?

And what should I be looking for when I pick one? I'm gonna be very careful which place I pick, as the jersey was my very first. It has tremendous sentimental value because I bought it at game 7 in 2004, the night my Lightning hoisted the cup. So, needless to say, I don't want it botched or I'd be devastated.

I know a shop called Lizard Sports in Safety Harbor. Is that far place far from your place?

Try looking for places that do embroidery too. As long as you tell the person doing it exactly what you want and how you want them to do it, it's kinda hard for them to mess it up. Just specify that you want the zig-zag pattern used and to use matching thread. If you can find a picture, use it as an example of where the patch goes EXACTLY. That's what I do. I make it almost impossible for the person sewing to mess it up. And with the patch getting sewn on, if you don't like it, it can always be removed.

This was my thinking too, it's just hard to locate that sort of thing, the Tampa Bay area isn't the most hockey oriented place,

Heh you got that right. I went down there in 1999 for the All-Star Game and I was at a store across the street from the arena before I went to the game and while my dad was paying, I was looking at the hockey cards I got at the FanFest and the cashier asked if they were basketball cards, and I said, "No they are hockey cards, we're about to head over to the All-Star Game." The cashier then responded with "Oh, where are they having that this year?" :lol:

I'm guessing things are a little different down there now since the team has gotten better and won the Cup.

JustAnothaVictim:

It's near enough that I'd be willing to make the trip if they'll do an excellent job. Do you have any experience with them? Contact info? Thanks!

Brilliant!:

I'll take a look at that kinda thing if Victim's place doesn't work out. I'd rather go local anyway, and you're right, I could just pull the patch if they botch it, but I'd rather not have to!

Devilsfan:

Yeah, things have gotten a little bit better post cup win, but it's still a refreshing rarity to bump into hockey fans outside a game. But that's part of what draws me to hockey, it's kinda the underdog sport, and I like that.

I'm not sure what store you were at...for years now there's been Andreychuk's Bar and Grill (former Bolts Capt.), and next door to that some offices, and a (now closed) bar. A hockey store would be nice again...

Have you been to your new arena yet? I hear it's amazing...

Got my Wings jersey back from patching:

RedWingscirca1996Nikeauthentic-vi.jpg

wings-vi.jpg

She did a fantastic job.

Nice

Devilsfan:

Yeah, things have gotten a little bit better post cup win, but it's still a refreshing rarity to bump into hockey fans outside a game. But that's part of what draws me to hockey, it's kinda the underdog sport, and I like that.

I'm not sure what store you were at...for years now there's been Andreychuk's Bar and Grill (former Bolts Capt.), and next door to that some offices, and a (now closed) bar. A hockey store would be nice again...

Have you been to your new arena yet? I hear it's amazing...

Yea the fact that hockey isn't in the mainstream is something I like about this sport as well. Makes us more unique I guess you could say.

I don't even know what store it was. I think it was some kind of grocery store or something. It might not have been directly across the street from the arena either, I think it was across the street and maybe a block down.

As for the Prudential Center, I was there for the opener, and the game against Tampa. I wasn't planning on going to the game against the Lightning, but when I found out they were offering tickets for $10 in higher price ranges for students in a costume, I decided it was worth going to for a chance to see the first ever win in the place. I didn't have much of a costume planned, so I put on my Cam Janssen jersey, a pair of black shorts and my helmet and got a black mouthguard for two bucks and borrowed a pair of Devils hockey socks from the store I work at, and then stuck a football in each of the sleeves to replicate Cam's biceps. People seemed to get a kick out of it. It was quite an ordeal eating my nachos with those massive arms though.

The arena is a million times nicer than the dump they've been playing in for the past 25 years. When I went down to Tampa in 99 I thought the Ice Palace was amazing. I think the reason why the Prudential Center is so great is because in this area all of the hockey venues, except for the Wachovia Center are pretty crappy, so we are used to such venues. If you have a lot of money, then the Prudential Center is fantastic with all the amenities for the people with the club seats, which I think are about $200 a game. f you are like me and do not have loads of cash, it is still enjoyable because tickets cost as cheap as $10 in the upper level corners, and $35 for upper level center ice. Also the fact that there is a major train station two blocks away makes it much easier to get into and out of compared to the Meadowlands, where you would sit in traffic in the parking lot for 45 minutes even on a night where attendance was only 11,000. It was a nightmare. It is great for me since there is a train station in the middle of my campus, and another station around the corner from my house, so whether I am on campus or at home I'll have no problem getting to a game. :D

Yea the fact that hockey isn't in the mainstream is something I like about this sport as well. Makes us more unique I guess you could say.

I don't even know what store it was. I think it was some kind of grocery store or something. It might not have been directly across the street from the arena either, I think it was across the street and maybe a block down.

As for the Prudential Center, I was there for the opener, and the game against Tampa. I wasn't planning on going to the game against the Lightning, but when I found out they were offering tickets for $10 in higher price ranges for students in a costume, I decided it was worth going to for a chance to see the first ever win in the place. I didn't have much of a costume planned, so I put on my Cam Janssen jersey, a pair of black shorts and my helmet and got a black mouthguard for two bucks and borrowed a pair of Devils hockey socks from the store I work at, and then stuck a football in each of the sleeves to replicate Cam's biceps. People seemed to get a kick out of it. It was quite an ordeal eating my nachos with those massive arms though.

The arena is a million times nicer than the dump they've been playing in for the past 25 years. When I went down to Tampa in 99 I thought the Ice Palace was amazing. I think the reason why the Prudential Center is so great is because in this area all of the hockey venues, except for the Wachovia Center are pretty crappy, so we are used to such venues. If you have a lot of money, then the Prudential Center is fantastic with all the amenities for the people with the club seats, which I think are about $200 a game. f you are like me and do not have loads of cash, it is still enjoyable because tickets cost as cheap as $10 in the upper level corners, and $35 for upper level center ice. Also the fact that there is a major train station two blocks away makes it much easier to get into and out of compared to the Meadowlands, where you would sit in traffic in the parking lot for 45 minutes even on a night where attendance was only 11,000. It was a nightmare. It is great for me since there is a train station in the middle of my campus, and another station around the corner from my house, so whether I am on campus or at home I'll have no problem getting to a game. :D

It sounds like a place I'd love to visit. I've got family up there in North Brunswick, so maybe I should make a road trip up to see the Devils and their new home. I might have to look into that, and your $10 tickets. I can swing that!

I've always loved the Palace, (and despite the rename, it's not the St. Petersburg Times Forum to me). Price wise, it can be pretty expensive though. I'm a half-season ticket holder there, been for years, and my tickets are in section 115, which is left of the blue line on the end of the arena the Bolts attack twice in. We're on the aisle, about 10 rows back from the ice on the penalty box side. They're phenomenal seats, and ones I won't ever part with, and the fans around me are all regulars I'm friendly with. Face value is $111.75. But I love my seats, and I love everything about the games. The camaraderie, the atmosphere, the speed, and the fact that the beer guy recognizes me when I walk up and starts pouring me a Molson before I have a chance to say anything.

But, for games I don't have tickets to, the Lightning run a great promotion, and have ever since they started in the Forum (Palace). Day of home games, starting at 9AM, you can show up at the box office and get a ticket for 8 bucks plus tax and fees. So, it works out to $10.75 to see a hockey game, albeit from the last 5 rows, but from what I understand anywhere in the arena. A great deal, and they're always available it seems. It seems downright criminal not to go when even a movie doesn't set you back much less.

Anyway, as an aside, this being the "it arrived today" thread, my girlfriend has been nagging me to post her new jersey. She swore she'd never like any sport besides skateboarding on tv and the X-Games and the like, but I took her to a game last season, and you can guess how she feels about it now. Anyway, she went through the trouble of getting a pink jersey customized for her favorite player, and asked me to include it here. So here it is, be nice:

lfc73e2ecebc3511e30f84brb4.jpg

l1530932e5c18690537ae75al2.jpg

I said it was pink! Hey, for something a little more authentic, check my recent arrival in the "Complaints from a player..." thread. :stickhndl:

JustAnothaVictim:

It's near enough that I'd be willing to make the trip if they'll do an excellent job. Do you have any experience with them? Contact info? Thanks!

You need to learn the joys of The Google my friend. Takes seconds, saves hours.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&saf...amp;btnG=Search

Link #1 contains what you need to know.

JustAnothaVictim:

I had a jersey customised there but that's 10 years ago and I didn't like what they did. Maybe they improved over the years.

p.s. I just found their homepage... http://www.lizardsportswear.com/

So I got a jersey I have been after for a long time in the mail today. I picked it up off ebay as per usual for all my jerseys that are out of date, and this one was listed as "gently used" which doesn't bother me, since its a hard to find jersey so I expect it to be worn. The jersey shows up today, and has several waxy board "burns" and a not small but not big hole on the under side of the sleeve. Now I'm prolly not gonna send it back to the seller, since its old and hard to find, but I still feel a bit had. I usually ask questions and this time I didn't, and I guess I should have. It comes down to that I wouldn't list something as gently used if I had played hockey in it, or even worse it had a hole in it. You'd think that might be important.

Basically, I'm a perfectionist, and I don't want my jersey to be wrong or have holes, etc. All complaining aside, like I said, I'll end up keeping it, and I had an idea I wanted to throw out and see what people thought. Since it does have some game used aspects to it, how would making it a replica game worn jersey sound? I see this like relicing a guitar, which is where they take brand new guitars and beat them up to look like they have been played for years. What I was thinking about doing was getting the hole "repaired" like an equipment manager would do, and then when I get it customized, have them add the piece of twill that goes on the back that anchors down the fight strap like it has one. Basically taking a replica and making it look from the wear it already has like it was game worn. What do you think?

Basically taking a replica and making it look from the wear it already has like it was game worn. What do you think?

Sounds borderline if you ever try to sell it. Most people in the gameworn community will mark the fight strap with a sharpie with "NOT Game Worn" or some such thing to prevent someone else down the line from trying to pass it off as a gamer later after it leaves their hands.

It could be a fun way for you to personally live with a jersey that is beat up, but you should label it as a replica just in case.

It sounds like a place I'd love to visit. I've got family up there in North Brunswick, so maybe I should make a road trip up to see the Devils and their new home. I might have to look into that, and your $10 tickets. I can swing that!

If you do that, Manhattan is only a short train ride away so you can check out the NHL Store and kill two birds with one stone.

Sounds borderline if you ever try to sell it. Most people in the gameworn community will mark the fight strap with a sharpie with "NOT Game Worn" or some such thing to prevent someone else down the line from trying to pass it off as a gamer later after it leaves their hands.

It could be a fun way for you to personally live with a jersey that is beat up, but you should label it as a replica just in case.

Agreed. I'd hate to buy a gameworn thinking my hero had put those board burns on it, only to find out it was just some guy playing street hockey. But if you'll never part with it, sure, go right ahead. It might be a fun project.

Devilsfan: Yeah, I'm sure I would go hit the NHL store up, that place sounds like a mecca for hockey fans worldwide. However, I'm from Florida...what is this "train" you speak of? :blink:

(I kid I kid, I was born in CT, I know the north...still mourning the loss of the Whalers and Brass Bonanza...)

Oh totally, I feel bad, I didn't clarify that. I would never try to sell it as game used or anything like that, I couldn't dream of doing that. I almost bought a Game Worn Scott Nichol jersey over the summer, since I need a jersey of his to wear to games, but decided against it, just because of the fact it is game worn, i feel like I would be lessening the value of it, even if I never sold it. Its like someone else would "treat it better" by not wearing it games, so I passed on it. To be honest, I have a hard time parting w/ things as it, so selling it as a replica isn't even something I'm looking or would ever be looking to do. It's more a way to try and get out of a crappy situation where I have this perfectly good jersey that has some board burns and a decent hole and trying to find a solution where I don't not use the jersey because of its current state. Just trowing out the idea of trying to make it look game used by adding the anchor for the first strap so when I wear it to games it looks like it has a reason for being in the condition it is in. I'm not trying to be "hey look at me, I have a game worn jersey" or anything like that, but more a cover up for the reason it is the way it is.

I know this is late, but that Canes jersey, wow! Very impressed with the Raleigh Arena, NHL2000 and Chiasson memorial patches... :thumbsup:

Thank you. I can't wait to customise my WBS Penguins jersey. I have someone sending me photocopies of the lettering on his WBS gamer, so I´m definately getting the right fonts and specs. All I need is the Blue Cross Patch they're wearing. Isn't ICEJERSEYS able to get that patch for me or am I even forced to send my jersey in to have it sewn on?

Thank you. I can't wait to customise my WBS Penguins jersey. I have someone sending me photocopies of the lettering on his WBS gamer, so I´m definately getting the right fonts and specs. All I need is the Blue Cross Patch they're wearing. Isn't ICEJERSEYS able to get that patch for me or am I even forced to send my jersey in to have it sewn on?

That's a tough one to find I am willing to bet. The WBS Pens logo has always been one of my favorites.

The latest in this long and winding braggadocio thread...

99jersey.jpg

The spoils of being a season ticket holder. A win at home would be nice...

Yes, TGO signed this replica jersey. The name was sewn directly on, I noticed.