It arrived today

lafountain

Ah man you lucky bugger you got your thrashers before me. Crap well how is it? Good fit? At this rate I won't see mine t'il next week sometime with me being a canuck and all.

Good find with the Wild, I am looking at picking up Anaheim's 3rd (Authentic) just before they went to the black (it's that black/purple retro style jersey).

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah man you lucky bugger you got your thrashers before me. Crap well how is it? Good fit? At this rate I won't see mine t'il next week sometime with me being a canuck and all.

Good find with the Wild, I am looking at picking up Anaheim's 3rd (Authentic) just before they went to the black (it's that black/purple retro style jersey).

Nice looking new jerseys!

Lafountain, great choice on the white Wild jersey. That one has always looked good to me and better than the green one did. Its neat you were able to get a good deal on the Thrashers jersey and yours looks good. Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to see too many Thrashers jerseys in person. How do you like your new Edge authentic? What do you think of the sizing and how it fits you compared to the previous authentics?

The fit is pretty good. I wear a 48 in the 6100 Series Style Authentics but didn't really know if I should go 50 or 52 on the EDGE. The auction was for a 52 and was such a good deal, figured it was worth the gamble. I would say that a 52 is probably the size for me. Maybe someday I will get to try on a 50 to see for sure. In comparison as others have said, the sleeves on the EDGE jerseys are a tad bit longer than the 6100 series.

As for the Wild jersey, yeah I wanted to get one since my wife and I were planning a trip to Minnesota in February, but that might not happen now. Though if it still does, I will now have a jersey to wear to the games that we were planning on going to.

Sounds like mine will be a good fit, my 6100's in size 52 have a lot of space in the torso but the sleeves are perfect. Should be similar except better fitted around my chest. Glad I didn't order a size 54 earlier in the month. Can't wait for that one to come too.

I like that Wild jersey. I've been looking for a white authentic for a while now but unsuccessful.

I FINALLY got what I was waiting for in the mail today. The guy who sold it to me overcharged me on shipping. I paid 15 bucks and it took a WEEK to get here. That's absurd.

That just shows how relative thing are :D . I/we probably pay $30 on average for 2 jerseys and would be very glad if it arrived in a week. Just asked someone a shipping quote on 3 jerseys and he's asking $42 for "the box" :rolleyes: . A flatrate box is only $35 if I remember correctly so he must have a special one haha.

Your jersey looks excellent btw. Would also like to add a Fedorov only a red one.

And that Wild jersey really looks great seeing it in actual pics.

Would those of you who own Edge Authentics recommend getting a bigger size than one wore with the 6100 authentics? I liked 52 or 56 in those and kinda wonder if I get an Edge Authentic if I need to go the 56 or 60 route.

My 54's seem close to the 52 6100's/Starters/ProPlayers/Nikes/Bauers/SP. A good rule of thumb, go at least the next size up, maybe more on the Edge. If a 56 regular fit you well, I would get a 60 Edge. With 52, a 54 or 56 would be appropriate. One big difference is the bottom hem, or lack there of. If you needed to go a size up because the bottom hem didn't fit well around your waist/rear, the Edge jereseys, for the most part, eliminate that concern.

My EDGE 52 seems to fit well, though never tried on a 50. For the 6100's I wear a 48. The one size theory does seem to be a good rule of thumb, but not having tried on a 50 I can't say for sure.

So definitely on the EDGE's go for bigger than the 6100's.

If anyplace local has the Authentics, I would suggest trying one on first. Unless you get a good deal, or the item is returnable, that is a lot to invest in a guess.

That just shows how relative thing are :D . I/we probably pay $30 on average for 2 jerseys and would be very glad if it arrived in a week. Just asked someone a shipping quote on 3 jerseys and he's asking $42 for "the box" :rolleyes: . A flatrate box is only $35 if I remember correctly so he must have a special one haha.

Yeah but there's a big difference in shipping across the globe and shipping 800 miles away! This guy was in Michigan and I'm in New Jersey so there's no way it would've cost 15 dollars to ship a jersey without it being here 2nd day. Something was up there and it's now reflected in his feedback so it's all evened out now. The other thing that irritates me is that the jersey has dirty spots on it. Ordinarily, not bad...but I can't wash it because it's autographed!

On a happier note, I got this yesterday:

aryFlamescirca1995CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Yeah but there's a big difference in shipping across the globe and shipping 800 miles away! This guy was in Michigan and I'm in New Jersey so there's no way it would've cost 15 dollars to ship a jersey without it being here 2nd day. Something was up there and it's now reflected in his feedback so it's all evened out now. The other thing that irritates me is that the jersey has dirty spots on it. Ordinarily, not bad...but I can't wash it because it's autographed!

On a happier note, I got this yesterday:

aryFlamescirca1995CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Nice Flames jersey.

As for the shipping issue, that is one thing I hate about Ebay is that sellers determine the shipping rates and some use it to basically just put more money in their own pockets. When I send out invoices for stuff I have sold, I usually state that shipping costs are estimates and may be a bit high. If my estimate ends up being off by way too much, I refund part of the shipping costs.

The other thing that irritates me is that the jersey has dirty spots on it. Ordinarily, not bad...but I can't wash it because it's autographed!

Buy a Dryel kit, the dry-clean in your dryer product. The kit comes with a bottle of stain remover and cotton pads. This should work well on any spots.

Buy a Dryel kit, the dry-clean in your dryer product. The kit comes with a bottle of stain remover and cotton pads. This should work well on any spots.

I don't have any experience with the Dryel kit, but I have been using Lids/Hat World Perfect Curve Solution Cleaner. Its like $5 and you spry on, leave for 10 mins then wash away with a damp cloth. Its worked wonders for me.

I had two new ones arrive today, and now that I'm at home for the holidays, I can post pics of them. The first one come via JeffB who's Mark Messier Canucks jersey I picked up off ebay, which I find ironic, since he was the guy I got the idea from to do the 1998 All Star Skills competition jersey from, after he did a Messier for that occasion. Being the genius I am, I left the All Star Patch and Canada Flag patch (which I picked up off Brilliant!) at my apartment in Seattle, so I cant take it down the street to the tailor to get finished off. Second, I my Brad Isbister Isles 3rd showed up. I had always liked the orange jersey, but now that I've seen it in person, its even cooler. Its one of those, like Nashville's 3rd, which is so out there it just works. Plus, I can now take up hunting and show my love for hockey at the same time!

2148188420034358379S600x600Q85.jpg

2277037190034358379S600x600Q85.jpg

2991368030034358379S600x600Q85.jpg

2235962340034358379S600x600Q85.jpg

Boy, that is a LOT of orange. What were they thinking when the designed those things? I guess it's not as bad as the ones they wear now though. Yeesh.

I finally got my Whalers jersey back today. I had the Stanley Cup 100th anniversary patch sewn on:

rdWhalerscirca1992CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Boy, that is a LOT of orange. What were they thinking when the designed those things? I guess it's not as bad as the ones they wear now though. Yeesh.

I finally got my Whalers jersey back today. I had the Stanley Cup 100th anniversary patch sewn on:

rdWhalerscirca1992CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Brilliant, as a fan who's still on the hunt for a Whalers jersey, that one is amazing! What a great sweater!

All 3 additions are very nice to have. Especially the Whalers jersey. Those things will never go out of style in terms of hockey jerseys.

Shipping charged: $26 Actual shipping: $4.80 How's that for ya' ;) ( :blush: correction: add $10.40 for international). Surprised it got here in exactly a week. Other than that nothing special to mention, replica all stars (figured I should get some all stars as well). One more shipment coming in with internationals, hopefully this week ...

Anyone know if shoulder patches are still available (Rangers and Avs)?

PICT0006Small.jpg

PICT0008Small.jpg

Couple of nice All-Star jerseys. As for the Team shoulder patches, they are available on ebay but sometimes just takes waiting for it to show up.

Avalanche Patch:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...y0%3D%26fvi%3D1

The same seller has a Rangers patch but it seems a bit small to me, but I might be wrong.

Couple of nice All-Star jerseys. As for the Team shoulder patches, they are available on ebay but sometimes just takes waiting for it to show up.

Avalanche Patch:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...y0%3D%26fvi%3D1

The same seller has a Rangers patch but it seems a bit small to me, but I might be wrong.

Thanks. Have that seller in my list as well but hadn't had a chance to check yet. If the height is the 4 inch then the Rangers one is probably correct as well. Have a Sakic pic and the shoulder patch seems about as tall as the NHL logo which is about 4 inches (measured it at 10cm).

Shipping charged: $26 Actual shipping: $4.80 How's that for ya' ;) ( :blush: correction: add $10.40 for international). Surprised it got here in exactly a week. Other than that nothing special to mention, replica all stars (figured I should get some all stars as well). One more shipment coming in with internationals, hopefully this week ...

Anyone know if shoulder patches are still available (Rangers and Avs)?

PICT0006Small.jpg

PICT0008Small.jpg

I loved those all-star jerseys, very sharp!

They really are just about the best ones that were ever designed. I love the home green ones. That dark forest green is the color that makes the Wild jersey and it looks awesome as the main color of the All-Star one.

Indeed the green looks very good in daylight. Wanted to take some pictures but the sun hasn't come out for the last two days <_< . Maybe I'll take a few anyway, the light is pretty good/bright now. The red one would probably look even better if red was the main color.

Now all I need is a Campbell & Wales one haha :thumbsup: but I've only seen them in orange or didn't they have a white and a colored one in the eighties?

Well, I guess when your third jersey is basically the nicest jersey in league history outside of the 1992 Original Six versions, it doesn't leave much room for anything else.

PICT0006Small.jpg

At the Wild game tonight (where the 2004 All-Star Game was held) I saw someone with the green Western jersey and he added all the Western Conference team shoulder patch logos all over the front of this jersey. Not your normal customizing route we here usually take, but an interesting jersey that sure caught my attention.