It arrived today

lafountain

Oh totally, I feel bad, I didn't clarify that. I would never try to sell it as game used or anything like that, I couldn't dream of doing that. I almost bought a Game Worn Scott Nichol jersey over the summer, since I need a jersey of his to wear to games, but decided against it, just because of the fact it is game worn, i feel like I would be lessening the value of it, even if I never sold it. Its like someone else would "treat it better" by not wearing it games, so I passed on it. To be honest, I have a hard time parting w/ things as it, so selling it as a replica isn't even something I'm looking or would ever be looking to do. It's more a way to try and get out of a crappy situation where I have this perfectly good jersey that has some board burns and a decent hole and trying to find a solution where I don't not use the jersey because of its current state. Just trowing out the idea of trying to make it look game used by adding the anchor for the first strap so when I wear it to games it looks like it has a reason for being in the condition it is in. I'm not trying to be "hey look at me, I have a game worn jersey" or anything like that, but more a cover up for the reason it is the way it is.

Then by all means, I'd add that anchor. It'd be a fun project like I said, and would give it more of an authentic feel. But don't feel bad your jersey looks "crappy", that's what jerseys are for! There's nothing wrong with a jersey that looks like it got good use! A good friend of mine wears all his jerseys when he plays street hockey, and while they look beat up at games, that's their job. It does break my heart to see his old Bolts jerseys get shredded, but I've got my own safely wrapped in dress bags at home in the closet, so to each their own.

I know what you mean by not being able to part with jerseys, mine won't ever go anywhere, and they're not even game worns, just authentics.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest in this long and winding braggadocio thread...

Wow- feel free to brag about that- what a great collector's item!!! :thumbsup:

The latest in this long and winding braggadocio thread...

99jersey.jpg

The spoils of being a season ticket holder. A win at home would be nice...

Yes, TGO signed this replica jersey. The name was sewn directly on, I noticed.

Very nice Desert, I remember seeing the advertisement for those on the Coyotes page to get people to sign up for Season Tickets. Almost seems worth it, gotta wonder how many of those are gonna end up on ebay soon though (Sadly)

Very nice Desert, I remember seeing the advertisement for those on the Coyotes page to get people to sign up for Season Tickets. Almost seems worth it, gotta wonder how many of those are gonna end up on ebay soon though (Sadly)

The answer (so far) is 3. Ranging from 328-399 per jersey.

I'm a big fan of that jersey there Rat. I wish they had kept the stripes on the bottom this year, but overall that is a great jersey, especially w/ the Great Ones signature.

I'm a big fan of that jersey there Rat. I wish they had kept the stripes on the bottom this year, but overall that is a great jersey, especially w/ the Great Ones signature.

I have a Doan and a Roenick jersey for sale, in case you're interested ;)

Thanks for the offer, but I already have a brick one of those bad boys. I'm debating between Dave Scatchard and Cale Hulse. With Hulse I get to add the A, but I could add the decade in the desert patch with Scatchard, so we'll see what happens.

As for the jersey I picked up and I'm thinking about adding the faux fight strap anchor to, its one of those beautiful 1996-97 Vancouver Canucks Alternate jerseys. I was watching another one on ebay and thinking about getting a second to do Linden or Bure on, but its selling at over twice what I paid for mine, both of which were listed to be in the same condition, so I'll take that as a win. Its going to be a Dave Babych #44 w/ Alternate's "A" when I get it customized. Surprise, he played in Portland. With this acquisition, I was able to take the navy Cancuks jersey from 1998 I was going to put his name on, and make it a Mark Messier All-Star Skills Comp jersey as stated before, so really its like I get two jerseys out of this one transaction. I do feel kinda like I should go w/ someone more main stream, but like I said, I won't be selling it, so no harm no foul. Its such a rare jersey, I almost feel as if not putting Bure, McLean, Moginly, or Linden would be wrong. The other idea that could be quite obscure and really cool would be Markus Naslund, he wore it with his traditional #19 in 1996-97, but he was traded to the Cancuks and played 10 games at the end of the 1995-96 season and wore #22 when these jerseys were first introduced. I've tried to figure out if he ever wore #22 with this jersey but so far no luck.

Thanks for the offer, but I already have a brick one of those bad boys. I'm debating between Dave Scatchard and Cale Hulse. With Hulse I get to add the A, but I could add the decade in the desert patch with Scatchard, so we'll see what happens.

The Roenick is the white one Auth. RBK with Decade Patch, size 52 :D

I saw that, I looked up what you have for sale right now and the only thing that helps my collection is the Hossa jersey. I'm trying to keep it all former Winter Hawks, otherwise I would be interested in the Roenick jersey.

The Decade in the Desert patch was worn during the worst season this team has had since moving to Arizona.

Scatchard was hurt a good portion of last year and wasn't as effective as he was in 05-06 (before the Decade in the Desert patch). I think he suffered a pretty big concussion in a game against the Kings and wasn't the same. He's since been waived. I don't know what ever happened to Hulse, last I heard he was in Columbus or Calgary.

Yeah, the last I heard Scatchard played like 5 games for the Hartford Wolfpack before before being dropped. Calse Hulse is also MIA, this is his second season not being on an NHL roster. At least for him he is married to Gina Lee Nolan of Baywatch fame.

Is playersarena.com legit? Im thinking of ordering a sz56 6100 series Reebok Rangers home blue authentic for $194.00

Even if it is legit I wouldn't spend $194 for an authentic RBK 6100 jersey. I'd try to find one on ebay. It's not like they'll dissappear forever. :thumbsup:

Even if it is legit I wouldn't spend $194 for an authentic RBK 6100 jersey. I'd try to find one on ebay. It's not like they'll dissappear forever. :thumbsup:

I prefer the 6100 series over the EDGE... and it's authentic.. For $250 u can get an edge authentic.. but I cna get the Authentic I LOVE for $194.. ill go with that price..

I haven't been able to find the 6100's around much, when I do the price is too high. Don't want to go the ebay route and worry about ending up with a sub par product.

Buying jerseys off of EBay is kinda scary for me these days. I've not had too many bad experiences thankfully, but still, after seeing some of the horror stories others have experienced...

That's why I always ALWAYS ask questions and ask for pictures if I'm not certain of something on eBay. Force the seller into benefitting you with all the information. If he/she doesn't, then you know something is up.

I'm just done customising my WBS Jersey but somehow I ain't really satisfied with lettering. I'm definately getting a new nameplate for this because I had to make it out of two pieces.

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2235577790054115799WMVzQp

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2985260080054115799zptnBZ

I'm just done customising my WBS Jersey but somehow I ain't really satisfied with lettering. I'm definately getting a new nameplate for this because I had to make it out of two pieces.

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2235577790054115799WMVzQp

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2985260080054115799zptnBZ

It sure looks good from here. Were you able to get the arctic twill for the black?

We do have to get you up to speed on posting photos that show up in forums though! Webshots makes it so easy too. Have you tried clicking on the "link to it" tab on the right of the photos? It should automatically generate a code for what size you want to post them and then you just cut and paste it into your posts like you are already doing with the links you post.

@JeffB

I've tried everything to link photos from webshots to forums but somehow they won't show up in the threads. I don't know if it depends on what browser the people use.

What is arctic twill? If that´s the material I used on my lettering, then I only know the word glacier twill for it.

@Brilliant

The jersey is some sort of air-knit, I forgot what it's called correctly. Double-knit? I don't know. Ultrafil would have been definately the better material for this jersey.

I uploaded the pics to my webspace for everyone to see. :D

WBS_02.JPG

WBS_03.JPG

Still not sure if the hem tagging is correct for season 01-02

WBS_Lemieux_home_front.JPG

WBS_Lemieux_home_back.JPG