It arrived today

lafountain

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love em also.. i wish they were easier to find

if u want a pro 'Rocketcabbage' is selling a road 48 CCM right now on the bay 5 days to go opening bid 199....not a bad deal if u are the only bidder....and u could put whoever u want on it.

This is one of three I've picked up recently (all 3 are the same in varying states of conditions). They are CCM mesh which I think the Hawks wore in the playoffs in 85? These were made for a mens league and they are marked with 1985 on a year tag. I plan on stripping these and hopefully restoring some of the color/brightness to them as they have become pretty faded/dulled/yellowed over the years. 1 of the three is pretty beat up so I may just throw the shoulder crests on a replica jersey but we'll see. I've never seen this style on the used market before so it should be worth it taking the effort to try and restore these as best I can.

2010-07-07104112.jpg

looks like we got in on the same deal. i was just about to post the same.

the white mesh is totally beat up. i originally thought about stripping it, but i think it's too far gone. i'll just use it for messing around. is this style of jersey the same you can buy here? http://www.hockeyoverstock.com/ccmjer15kchi.html

photo1-vi.jpg

photo2-vi.jpg

i also got an NHL authentic ultrafil jersey which is in pretty decent shape. already ordered a Chelios nameplate, assistant 'A', and am debating between Stanley Cup, 75th Ann, or All-Star patches. it's hardly perfect, but it's good enough, especially for the price.

photo3-vi.jpg

photo4-vi.jpg

Yup looks like we did! The white one you got looks far worst than 2 of the three I ended up with (the third was thrown in just because of condition). Unfortunately due to money I couldn't make him a good enough deal for any of the ultrafils, having never seen the mesh for sale before I had to go for that. I'll let you know how these things turn out as they progress.

I don't think it's the same as what's for sale there, I think those are like the CCM 550 replicas. As far as I know the only time the Hawks wore this mesh as a team was in the 85 playoffs.

and those pictures hardly show the worst stains! either way, the white one got thrown in for free because the seller and i had some payment issues. definitely can't complain as I really just wanted the ultrafil.

Yeah they went cheap so even if they don't ever come back I can't complain. The worst I have as far as staining is a couple of tape marks and some burn marks. The yellowing/fading is pretty bad so that's my biggest worry but even if I can get them back to something sort of respectable I'll be happy, they're 25 years old so I wont' expect too much.

^Is that from me? Hopefully it is.

I just got my 2001 All Star Lemieux authentic from Paul. WHAT A JERSEY!

Finally picked one of these up for a good price. Will be a Messier eventually.

2749157490105461084S425x425Q85.jpg2181869670105461084S425x425Q85.jpg

im actually goin through my list right now and getting ready to start customizing my blanks...

this jersey (my rangers alt) will become a Nedved or Leetch... cant decide which ever i choose for the alt the other i will put on my blue rangers road jersey

Finally picked one of these up for a good price. Will be a Messier eventually.

2749157490105461084S425x425Q85.jpg2181869670105461084S425x425Q85.jpg

BOOOOOOOO!!!

There is only one acceptable customization for that jersey Adam Graves!

^Is that from me? Hopefully it is.

I just got my 2001 All Star Lemieux authentic from Paul. WHAT A JERSEY!

high five!

Mine's got the "C" on it. your too?

BOOOOOOOO!!!

There is only one acceptable customization for that jersey Adam Graves!

BOOOOOOOO??!?! Over the Moose? Graves?

OH! You mean one of The Moose's many minions? why bother when it's obvious Messier is his Jedi master.

Who do you think lead him to both of his Stanley cups as his "Mon Capitan"

Who's riding who coat tales now? :lol:

Besides, He wants the value of the jersey to go UP! :D

BOOOOOOOO??!?! Over the Moose? Graves?

OH! You mean one of The Moose's many minions? why bother when it's obvious Messier is his Jedi master.

Who do you think lead him to both of his Stanley cups as his "Mon Capitan"

Who's riding who coat tales now? :lol:

Besides, He wants the value of the jersey to go UP! :D

The year was 1997. The venue Continental Airlines Arena. The Goalie was Martin Brodeur. It was the playoffs. It was overtime. Gravy sent them all packing in that uniform.

Just ask Brilliant! he'll totally agree with me.

I'm going to be looking to sell my 94 finals Messier Rangers once I complete it and this will be replacing it so Messier will be going on the back.