Fanatics NHL On Ice Jersey

jsh139

I’ll try to remain optimistic that maybe this means it’ll be easier to get ahold of on-ice authentic and gamers, but obviously cautious about what this means for quality and price. Bummed CCM isn’t coming back likely due to the ridiculous cost the NHL is asking for

From the articles I have read, the on-ice jerseys are still going to be produced in the same factory that the Adidas ones are currently made.  Therefore I really don't expect the quality of MiC jerseys and gamers to suffer at all.  This is why I am a little confused about all the pearl-clutching going on in the game worn circles about this news.

I think the big question mark are what is going to happen to the retail authentic line.  I can imagine they will continue to make them in Indonesia and be relatively the same quality as the current ones now.  However, even the articles pointed out, Fanatics want to eventually start experimenting with new materials and who knows where that will head.

I just hope that it doesn’t affect any of the contracts with on-ice brokers like Meigray. Not sure how it could, but you never know. Fanatics-supplied gamers leave a lot to be desired. 

On 3/21/2023 at 4:12 PM, DJ Rhea said:

I imagine they'll be the Adidas ones just rebranded 

From what I've read, it seems like this is exactly what will happen for the first couple years, then for 26-27, who knows. For on-ice jerseys, I don't think we have anything to worry about regarding quality. The players will make sure of it, like they did for the Reebok Edge 1.0. That said, I have also read some whispers that Fanatics might want to go the way of the IIHF, with not much of anything actually being sewn to a game jersey anymore. Time will tell.

For me, not only is Fanatics a garbage retailer with their customer service being one of mainly contempt for the people who spend money with them, I spent a dozen years in sports retail and I saw first hand how they built their monopoly. While it was Lids who bought my company at the time, and made my fun job miserable, Fanatics was already in line to buy Lids and they made people I know who remained quite miserable as well. I just don't think I could wear a jersey with the Fanatics logo on it.

Edited by Van67
typo

On 3/25/2023 at 6:33 PM, Van67 said:

From what I've read, it seems like this is exactly what will happen for the first couple years, then for 26-27, who knows. For on-ice jerseys, I don't think we have anything to worry about regarding quality. The players will make sure of it, like they did for the Reebok Edge 1.0. That said, I have also read some whispers that Fanatics might want to go the way of the IIHF, with not much of anything actually being sewn to a game jersey anymore. Time will tell.

For me, not only is Fanatics a garbage retailer with their customer service being one of mainly contempt for the people who spend money with them, I spent a dozen years in sports retail and I saw first hand how they built their monopoly. While it was Lids who bought my company at the time, and made my fun job miserable, Fanatics was already in line to buy Lids and they made people I know who remained quite miserable as well. I just don't think I could wear a jersey with the Fanatics logo on it.

So infuriating when you return merchandise to them and they don't refund you....

or when you buy 4 items and they ship them in 3 or 4 separate boxes/plastic bags!

Ads on jerseys are terrible enough............ but the digital moving ads on the ice and boards have made it impossible for me to watch the games.

suddenly a giant puck or car is moving around the rink...WTF!

anyone else feel the NHL is killing themselves?

The digital ads are the worst. I wouldn’t mind them so much they didn’t change while the play was happening. Very distracting. But when they’re stationary, you don’t really notice it so much.

• 3 months later...

I hope this isn’t a first look of what we can expect from fanatics. These look exactly like the jerseys my team currently use for beer league, including the ‘waffle’ pattern on the shoulders. Previously DBL used the same style/material as NHL with adidas 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuxlZXWAm3u/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

8 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

I hope this isn’t a first look of what we can expect from fanatics. These look exactly like the jerseys my team currently use for beer league, including the ‘waffle’ pattern on the shoulders. Previously DBL used the same style/material as NHL with adidas 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuxlZXWAm3u/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

They're not. Those are made by some small-time company but have Fanatics branding on the collar. Notice the neck tag.

https://twitter.com/dabeautyleague/status/1679243867453792260?s=46&t=Zb7JHhrJEkr2MneqHRynZQ

• 2 weeks later...