customization laugher

trueblue2735

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, just wow. The first thing that jumped out at me for this one was that the jersey looks absolutely HUGE. Much larger than the advertised size 56, if it would be an actual EDGE authentic. It looks like a size 64 Mitchell and Ness baseball jersey. :lol:

Obviously a ridiculous fake: No curvature on the bottom of the jersey, the back numbering is too close together, the name on the back is too far from the Reebok vector logo, etc.

The sad thing is the seller is advertising it as an "authentic" jersey and telling the people who have questions that it really is authentic. What an a$$hole.

Here's my contribution for the day:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Lemieux-Blue-Jersey-Throw-Back-/180521330197?cmd=ViewItem&pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2a07e8e615

:lol:

To me, the customization laughter lies with the fact that style of Penguins jersey is customized with "Lemieux" #66 and the captain's C.

Mario Lemieux transcends space and time. Every time the Penguins won a game or scored a goal in their history, it was Mario. Every time something positive happened to the Penguins in their history, it was Mario. Every time a high school nerd got to 2nd base, IT WAS MARIO. ALL IS MARIO AND MARIO IS ALL.

Mario Lemieux transcends space and time. Every time the Penguins won a game or scored a goal in their history, it was Mario. Every time something positive happened to the Penguins in their history, it was Mario. Every time a high school nerd got to 2nd base, IT WAS MARIO. ALL IS MARIO AND MARIO IS ALL.

You're telling me, Brilliant. :lol: That goes to show how STUPID some Penguins fans are. :lol: Now only if Mario was there in the 1920s, maybe the Pittsburgh Pirates never would have left town and folded....... :D

The fact that there is two pictures with two different jerseys is awesome. This dude is a rocket scientist.

That is such a joke. Come to think of it, I wonder if it would be appropriate to "buy" fake NHL jerseys with FAKE money such as monopoly money. :lol: It's a fair trade, isn't it? Worthless money for a WORTHLESS item! :D Think about that, if everyone bought fakes with fake money, there would be no harm and none of these scam sellers.

I had a friend who would purposely buy fakes off ebay that were advertised as real. And then demand their money back and then reporting them to eBay after. After getting his money back he'd refuse to return the fake.

I had a friend who would purposely buy fakes off ebay that were advertised as real. And then demand their money back and then reporting them to eBay after. After getting his money back he'd refuse to return the fake.

That's not how ebay works...you have to return it (at your cost) to get a refund.

Depending on the situation, i.e. a fake jersey, they are required to pay return shipping. And most will do so in that situation as they don't want to get reported...

You still have to return the jersey to get the refund. If it's being done outside of Paypal (ie no claim) then that's a different story - if sellers refunds out of fear of being reported yes it will work. If they don't you have to file which means it's gotta go back before you're getting any $$$.

I have heard of cases where people have notified Pay Pal, the seller doesn't reply, and Paypal refunds the amount and they keep the jersey.

Actually that happened to me years ago...I still had to ship it back - only it went to Paypal? Maybe legally they have to have the item available should the seller come looking for it? Mind you, this was on a legit jersey, not sure an idiot selling fakes is about to get involved with lawyers!

This depends on whom is refunding your money. If Paypal has to refund your money then you have to send the item back first with some form of tracking to prove the item made it back to the seller. Once that's done Paypal will issue you a refund provided they can get the money from the sellers account. If the seller voluntarily gives you a refund then it's up to the two of you to decide if the item should go back and who is going to pay for it.

well if you can fit in it, thats a easy nameplate change :thumbsup:

Very true, just not sure how Francis and 66 ended up on the same jersey in the first place. But I haven't been able to wear a small jersey since way before that jersey was made. :P

http://cgi.ebay.com/PENGUINS-MARIO-LEMIEUX-SIGNED-HAND-PAINTED-JERSEY-PSA-/400059257733?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d2563d385

:blink:

what in the HELL!?!?!

$1.5k?!!? you kidding me!?!?

I would not pay that much for that piece of s*** even if Picasso painted it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PENGUINS-MARIO-LEMIEUX-SIGNED-HAND-PAINTED-JERSEY-PSA-/400059257733?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d2563d385

:blink:

what in the HELL!?!?!

$1.5k?!!? you kidding me!?!?

I would not pay that much for that piece of s*** even if Picasso painted it.

A "hand painted jersey?!?!?!" WHAT THE FREAK!!!!!! That's a first. :lol:

It's probably some screen printed logo crap.... :P I bet if you wash that jersey once the "hand painted" versions of Mario Lemieux would peel right off.

A "hand painted jersey?!?!?!" WHAT THE FREAK!!!!!! That's a first. :lol:

It's probably some screen printed logo crap.... :P I bet if you wash that jersey once the "hand painted" versions of Mario Lemieux would peel right off.

Not a first for me... I've seen A few of these painted jerseys around... Gretzky Oilers and Gretzky Ninety-Niners euro tour jerseys. The paint jobs are real, not my cup of tea either...Why use and ruin a good jersey as a canvas...

Not a first for me... I've seen A few of these painted jerseys around... Gretzky Oilers and Gretzky Ninety-Niners euro tour jerseys. The paint jobs are real, not my cup of tea either...Why use and ruin a good jersey as a canvas...

I agree, it is a waste of a jersey, especially if it's an authentic. Probably just another marketing scam to get people to buy the jersey because it has a "hand painted" design on it. Pshhhhh......

• 2 weeks later...

Not a customization mistake but a misnaming mistake...it's a Redskins hockey jersey!!!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/clo/1830999588.html

Wow, somebody doesn't know their sports franchises...... :lol: