a question about born-on-date

ScragglyPuff

hi,

my question is do all authentic jersey suppose to have a born-on-date tag? in my collection, the authentic one's from the 80's do have the tag, but the authentic's from the early 90's to mid 90's do not . i've searched for info on born-on-date tag but didn't really find anything. was there a certain time when they didn't have the tags in the jerseys? it's more of my own curiosity than anything. thx 

I assume you’re referring to CCM jerseys.  For the early-to-mid-90’s, I’ve seen born-on dates, but they are only present on white stickers which you are likely to see only if the jersey is still in brand new condition.  The stickers might be on the paper Center Ice Collection tag that is attached to the Maska/CCM neck tag, or sometimes they might be underneath that same neck tag.  I don’t know if all jerseys were supposed to have them, as in many cases the stickers might just have fallen off due to age or from usage/washing, or of course if someone removed the paper Center Ice tag.  It’s not like with the 80’s jerseys, where you had a born-on tag stitched into the collar.  A couple of examples of these stickers:

CCM date tag 1

CCM date tag 2

27 minutes ago, ScragglyPuff said:

LAK74, thank you so much for the info. yes, i was referring to the ccm jerseys, sorry about that. yeah, i pulled the center ice paper tags off the jerseys so the bod was probably on there. i wonder why they decided to drop the stitched bod tag and go the sticker route.

I'd imagine its for cost reasons, plus the fact that nobody but a few of us freaks probably care about it. 

7 hours ago, ScragglyPuff said:

in my collection, the authentic one's from the 80's do have the tag, but the authentic's from the early 90's to mid 90's do not .

Welcome to this group, by the way.  It’s not often that new members here discuss 80’s tagging- you must have an interesting collection!  You’re welcome to post any part of it here, if you like- we love 80’s stuff!

5 hours ago, ScragglyPuff said:

yeah, i pulled the center ice paper tags off the jerseys so the bod was probably on there.

And you pulled a little bit of our hearts out as well
I would hang on to those as one day you may want them.

It's been discussed, if you pull them off and wear the jersey even once - your jersey is no longer considered new.

I have a few "wearables" and tons that are on the No Touch list.  

LAK74 always gives the best answers, I think he should change his handle to Dr. LAK74,  

1 hour ago, Brilliant! said:

I wish I wasn't on Alyssa Milano's no touch list.

Wait...what?

I'd show her who's the boss.  Yessir.

38 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I'd show her who's the boss.  Yessir.

I’m sure she’d be Charmed.

3 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

Better not mess with her or Arnold will come after you.

Don’t disturb my friend, he’s dead tired. 

On 5/7/2019 at 3:31 AM, ScragglyPuff said:

hi,

my question is do all authentic jersey suppose to have a born-on-date tag? in my collection, the authentic one's from the 80's do have the tag, but the authentic's from the early 90's to mid 90's do not . i've searched for info on born-on-date tag but didn't really find anything. was there a certain time when they didn't have the tags in the jerseys? it's more of my own curiosity than anything. thx 

http://thejerseybook.com/1983-1993/

Haha, thanks.  Actually, my patients already call me that.  (Well, not the LAK part anyway.)