Anyone have any info on this NY Rangers jersey?

OR68

I picked this up and it is something I never seen. It is a 6100 model and it has the Koho Patch on the back neck but as can be seen in the pic, it has the CCM Logo on the bottom hem next to the silver NHL Shield. It has a piece of white twill covering the CCM logo. Since the Rangers did not use CCM in the late 90's, I am unsure of what this is exactly.

20ha4at.jpg

I watched that one for a few hours until you bought it. I was tempted to pull the trigger just to investigate it myself. Not seeing double elbows on it in the pictures, I figured it was someone’s frankenjersey, so I avoided it. 

It has all the features of a legit 6100. Double elbows, fight strap etc. The CCM EMBROIDERY is throwing me off.

Here are some more pictures for reference.

24e8877.jpg

2wo93s7.jpg

16lz03q.jpg

Could it be a minor league jersey? 

The Rangers didn't have a lace up collar until 1997-98 and by that time they wore Starter for more than a year

After inspecting the jersey further, the letters are heat pressed embroidery. I would assume this is probably a Frankenstein jersey but I am not 100% sure. 

The CCM and silver shield looks like a 1999-00.

Maybe the Koho neck label was added after the fact when the CCM was covered up. 

But the rangers wore pro players in 1999-00, right? So that makes it even more odd. 

It could be from the summer of 2000 when CCM bought back all the league contracts. Maybe they started to make jerseys with the logo still on the hem before going onto the neck. Who knows?

18 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

It could be from the summer of 2000 when CCM bought back all the league contracts. Maybe they started to make jerseys with the logo still on the hem before going onto the neck. Who knows?

That's exactly what it is.  CCM jerseys made in early 2000 had tail tagging, and ones made later in the year (and going forward from then) had this removed and the logo on the back of the neck.

You can occasionally find Columbus and Minnesota jerseys that have CCM on the tail.

It still doesn’t quite explain what CCM was doing making authentics in that particular model.  If it was made at the end of the 1999/2000 season, it was still ProPlayer who had the Rangers contract that year.  If it was made later with the intention of being used for the 2000/01 season, why is this a blue jersey, when CCM was only supposed to do the whites?  It would make sense if it were just a prototype or something.

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

It still doesn’t quite explain what CCM was doing making authentics in that particular model.  If it was made at the end of the 1999/2000 season, it was still ProPlayer who had the Rangers contract that year.  If it was made later with the intention of being used for the 2000/01 season, why is this a blue jersey, when CCM was only supposed to do the whites?  It would make sense if it were just a prototype or something. 

Pro Player was a subsidiary of Fruit of the Loom, which went into bankruptcy in December 1999.  The Pro Player line itself went belly-up in either February or early March 2000, which threw everything into chaos.

That CCM would have swooped in and made at least a handful of jerseys according to various specs is not unexpected.  I own a white Oilers CCM jersey with tail tagging and a silver shield, and they too were a team that used Pro Player in 1999-00.