Starter Made In El Salvador Jerseys

spudrock512

I just wanted to check others opinion of Starter Jerseys.  I would think most of us know that the Starter jerseys that were used on the ice were the ones produced in Berlin, WI.  Because of this, are the El Salvador jerseys still considered authentic jerseys?  I know there are sometimes discrepancies between the two; for example, the back yoke on the Coyotes jersey comes to a point on the El Salvador jerseys, were the Berlin jerseys it is properly rounded.

In the past, I have avoided all Stater jerseys not made in Berlin, but is this too picky? Or is it similar to the issues now with the Adidas "authentic" jerseys being made in Indonesia, where the game jersey are made in Canada.

You will not (if at all) notice any difference between the USA and El Salvador ones. 

The one Starter El Salvador I own is pretty nice, I'd definitely value it above the Adizero 'authentics' and consider it an authentic.  That said if given the choice I'd take a Berlin over it and pay extra for a Berlin.  But looking at prices I'd say El Salvador's still sell like a regular center ice authentic, Berlins probably just fetch a little more.

I don't think you're being too picky, I'm in the same boat now as I think I only want Berlin.

Except for the neck tags and fight straps, the materials used were the same in both USA team-issued and El Salvador authentics.  So excepting the occasional construction differences like the Phoenix example you mentioned, or the reversed collar color patterns on some of the NYR white Liberties, the quality is the same between the two.  To me this is a different situation than the Reebok Indo vs. Canada 2.0’s or especially the Indo vs. Canada Adizeros.

Other than the Phoenix error and the White Liberty jersey, are they any other discrepancies I should look out for? I think i remember reading the Starter's quality control around this time was really bad.

I also know about the Made in Haiti versions that didn't have double elbows and fight straps. 

Edit: I think I remember something about an incorrect font on the Av's jerseys.

Edited by spudrock512
Additional Info

52 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Some starter jerseys didn't come with fight straps iirc. But obviously that's easy enough to spot

Those were the ones made in Haiti, not El Salvador. 

6 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Except for the neck tags and fight straps, the materials used were the same in both USA team-issued and El Salvador authentics.  So excepting the occasional construction differences like the Phoenix example you mentioned, or the reversed collar color patterns on some of the NYR white Liberties, the quality is the same between the two.  To me this is a different situation than the Reebok Indo vs. Canada 2.0’s or especially the Indo vs. Canada Adizeros.

Wow, I didn't know this.  I just had to look at my white Liberty and it appears to be in line with the gamers collar colours.B)

And weird to hear about the Haiti made without the double elbows and fight strap.  That again must pertain to only SOME of them.  The one and only one I ever owned had both the double elbows and fight strap.

1 hour ago, JJM4 said:

Wow, I didn't know this.  I just had to look at my white Liberty and it appears to be in line with the gamers collar colours.B)

Whenever I see authentic white Starter Liberties, it seems to me that around half of them have the reversed color collars.  Here’s one of them:

https://ebay.com/itm/Authentic-New-York-Rangers-Wayne-Gretzky-NHL-Starter-Liberty-Jersey-sz-52/282992604262?hash=item41e3ac7466:g:VvEAAOSwMxdapvWu

Also, I never paid attention to this before, but it seems like an awful lot of the replicas have the collar wrong too!

Edited by LAK74

11 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Those were the ones made in Haiti, not El Salvador. 

My mistake. Knew it was something with Starter. Strange that there were so many inconsistencies.

If I recall correctly the only ones made in Haiti were the two sublimated ones, RoboPen and Pooh Bear. And as stated before the ones made in Haiti didn't have fight straps.