World Cup Of Hockey Jerseys

Hollywood Cannon

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

A certain Icejerseys competitor looks like their kits have the designs in the numbers.

If the videos of the game jerseys are to be believed, then I think the holes in the numbers are probably going to be significantly larger than what is pictured in the photos in HC's post.   If Adidas does letter the game jerseys, I am speculating that they may use something similar, if not identical, to what they currently use on NBA jerseys, which is a combination of twill and mesh, pictured below.

image_zpsdyz1noca.png

This kind of stuff may be quite difficult to duplicate, so I hope we don't have a situation similar to (or worse than) the one regarding the 2016 ASG jerseys, where no one had the "reflective" black material.

In that picture of the Canada replicas posted by CJ Matthews a few pages ago, those numbers appear very mesh-like (to me at least), and perhaps similar to the NBA ones.  I wonder if those replicas were pre-customized by Adidas?  If any local Dallas fans have a chance to see those at the team store, please let us know what you think, and get some close-up pics!

Btw, I imagine that those who bought the Benn jerseys might be pretty pissed off right now!

I asked Keener if they could do the customization.  They said they could although the nameplate fabric would most likely be ultrafil.  Didn't ask about the mesh numbers though

Hopefully we get some solid info soon, that ASG goose chase was a pain. Id like to send mine out ASAP when I get them.

1 minute ago, scarchelli said:

Is that official customizing? That's an avs store, I'm guessing, which means nhl shop can do official customizing maybe?

"Official" in the sense that they say it is. 

It wont be what they wear on the ice. 

I just wanted to post it because it's another look at the back numbers. 

Edited by Hollywood Cannon

I'm going to send my NA jersey to LR Sports. They'll do it for $47.50. I sent them a Wings jersey and got it back in a week. Fastest turnaround for me.

4 hours ago, joe2heatley said:

Thats a good price. What's LR sports? Is there work as good as EPS?

LOCKER ROOM SPORTS

No, no, no. I've had a ton of jerseys done by them...I was ignorant at the time...I didn't know any better. I've spent the past year or so trying to sell almost everything they've customized for me. If you're looking for 100% accuracy, go somewhere else.  

Cool.  I saw some replicas at Jersey City yesterday and the numbers were that "simulated mesh" that was mentioned.  It's basically red dots over the numbering.  I' m wondering if that's what's actually going to be used or whether it will be a full mesh number set with actual holes.

The fonts look solid though but I'll wait and see what the final verdict is.  Also, does anyone know about whether the white jersey numbers will have the same mesh like finish?

3 hours ago, Perceptor said:

Cool.  I saw some replicas at Jersey City yesterday and the numbers were that "simulated mesh" that was mentioned.  It's basically red dots over the numbering.  I' m wondering if that's what's actually going to be used or whether it will be a full mesh number set with actual holes.

The fonts look solid though but I'll wait and see what the final verdict is.  Also, does anyone know about whether the white jersey numbers will have the same mesh like finish?

I just want to say, the fact that they are simulating mesh, instead of just using mesh, is hilarious to me. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I just want to say, the fact that they are simulating mesh, instead of just using mesh, is hilarious to me. 

It could very well be that Adidas has a patent on the twill/mesh materials, and customizing companies cannot simply duplicate them.  If I am not mistaken, even official NBA team customizers cannot make their own twill/mesh numbers- they must get them through Adidas.  

52 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

It could very well be that Adidas has a patent on the twill/mesh materials, and customizing companies cannot simply duplicate them.  If I am not mistaken, even official NBA team customizers cannot make their own twill/mesh numbers- they must get them through Adidas.  

I don't buy that. Clearly other companies use mesh for things, even if it's not identical mesh. That simulated mesh looks like it has measles. 

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

I don't follow NBA unis.  Is this what we're talking about with the mesh number speculation?  This is a Bogut gamer.

89336e_lg.jpeg

Yes, that's it.  It's a twill/mesh combo.

Definitely interesting. It works for the World Cup, but I don't want to see that carry over to the NHL.

That said, this looks like it might be even more difficult to get customized correctly.

12 hours ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

LOCKER ROOM SPORTS

No, no, no. I've had a ton of jerseys done by them...I was ignorant at the time...I didn't know any better. I've spent the past year or so trying to sell almost everything they've customized for me. If you're looking for 100% accuracy, go somewhere else.  

I think they're the customizer SportsK uses. I've sent jersey's to them before and haven't had any issues. I'll post pics of the Wings jersey. I had Lidstrom put on it. Plus, I got my invoice from Josh. 2 months exactly. A couple of classics on their way.