2.0 retail tag spotted by MSG crew

Flyers845

50EDFBC0-3963-4FCD-8A3B-AB03679A065D_zps

During last nights preseason game the crew found out Mason came over to the bench during a TV timeout and had the tag cut off. He played most of the period with it on. He wears a different gamer each period.

I have had a game jersey that still had the little plastic tag Hanger thingy still attached, but that's the first time I've seen someone wearing one with the actual tag.

A different gamer each period :|....

So presuming some games have OT he really wears upwards of 250 gamers a year...

That cant be accurate.

Do you mean he has a period 1 / period 2 / period 3 jersey set and wears the same 3 jerseys every game in each specific period?

Even still. That seems insane.

A different gamer each period :|....

So presuming some games have OT he really wears upwards of 250 gamers a year...

That cant be accurate.

Do you mean he has a period 1 / period 2 / period 3 jersey set and wears the same 3 jerseys every game in each specific period?

Even still. That seems insane.

Yes he wears 3 jerseys per set. There's 26 Mason game worms on meigrays website. That doesn't include the 9 that will eventually be on there from 2015-16!! Edited by Flyers845

I can totally understand a goalie (or any player really) wanting a fresh jersey every period. Once you take off a soaking wet shirt, it's not exactly comfy to throw it back on.

Rick Nash and bobrovsky do the same thing as well. Parise used to do it for a couple of seasons and ponikarovsky I think also did it at one point.

The main reason is that they liked wearing a dry jersey. It's a comfort/personal preference.

Nash does the same thing. 3 jerseys per set. Except for Heritage. For some reason the team is too cheap to get him 3 of those because they wear them so little compared to the regular jerseys that he only gets 2 of those and they dry the 2nd jersey on the glove dryer during the 2nd period and he wears it again in the 3rd.

I believe Phaneuf wears 2 jerseys per game, alternating from one to the other from period to period.

He used to wear 1.0 so that makes a lot of sense, but that trend continued when he moved to 2.0s.

The leafs really flooded the market with his stuff. He gets a new pair of skates every 2 weeks. Real Sports has a room full of barely used Phaneuf skates because they can't sell them. He's like an 11 EE

I believe Phaneuf wears 2 jerseys per game, alternating from one to the other from period to period.

He used to wear 1.0 so that makes a lot of sense, but that trend continued when he moved to 2.0s.

The leafs really flooded the market with his stuff. He gets a new pair of skates every 2 weeks. Real Sports has a room full of barely used Phaneuf skates because they can't sell them. He's like an 11 EE

Paging TMLFAN...

They should have just left the tag on the Mason jersey and let him. It wasn't going to get any puckmarks anyway and they could have sold it for more money as a new jersey instead of a Mason game-used.

As I'm sure sungod could attest to, Ray Bourque swapped gloves and jerseys quite often between periods, and in the '90 Cup Finals he was the only guy on the ice rocking a jersey without the Cup Finals patch during a few games here and there -

ACTION1990SCFBourqueonMessier-vi.jpg