CCM returning on the jerseys?

mikey3319

there are rumors that the REEBOK name will no longer be on jerseys? But CCM will return.. any truth to this? I ask because CCM logo branding has taken over the CHL! every jersey is now ccm and reebok is gone (the name.. we know CCM is reebok too)

in the NHL ive notcied like 90% of players are wearing CCM pants and helmets and the reebok name is only on the jersey.. do yo uthink hat we will see the return of CCM?

post-1752-0-11539200-1414985166_thumb.jp

BearsOctober2014_zpseea0d3cf.jpg

It appears as if that is the case. Here's a pic from the AHL Hershey Bears and you can see that their regular home jersey is an Edge 2.0 branded CCM.

I've noticed that equipment has shifted to CCM as well, like you mention. The "Ribcor" technology in sticks used to be a Reebok trademark last season, but now the Ribcor stick is branded as a CCM stick, so it appears as if some type of branding change is beginning to occur.

I like the CCM font it looks modern compared to the old school block font they had. Can't wait till they take over and start making jerseys for square shaped people with arms!!!

Loved the 90's block font!

Its a big deal because CCM is the main company, they brought hockey to the forefront in equipment and jerseys when hockey was at its peak with big name stars. Its nice to see them put their logos back on the stuff they make anyway. CCM always made the equipment, Reebok paid CCM just to put their name on it. Contract is over at the end of this season, unless Reebok pony's up $20 mil, CCM will back on the jersey next season. I guess if all you donkeys collected real jerseys instead of this edge crap you would appreciate why "its a big deal"

I guess if all you donkeys collected real jerseys instead of this edge crap you would appreciate why "its a big deal"

It's 3:55am, I'm 3, 7,...uh...let's say 'several' beers deep, and nothing could make me happier right now than to read that.

Ya us donkeys collect Edge and I'm sure no player will want to be wearing a 3 pound Airknit square potato sack. CCM had no innovation typical CND company and RBK saved them from Nike taking this over and making glow in the dark jerseys

Its a big deal because CCM is the main company, they brought hockey to the forefront in equipment and jerseys when hockey was at its peak with big name stars. Its nice to see them put their logos back on the stuff they make anyway. CCM always made the equipment, Reebok paid CCM just to put their name on it. Contract is over at the end of this season, unless Reebok pony's up $20 mil, CCM will back on the jersey next season. I guess if all you donkeys collected real jerseys instead of this edge crap you would appreciate why "its a big deal"

Reebok paid CCM nothing. Reebok bought CCM and both were subsequently purchased by adidas.

CCM won't be on the jerseys if it is sold off by adidas as expected.

Reebok paid CCM nothing. Reebok bought CCM and both were subsequently purchased by adidas.

CCM won't be on the jerseys if it is sold off by adidas as expected.

Junkyard -- who is the lead candidate to buy it if Adidas sells it off?

Curious to hear what word on the street is. Thanks.

I don't even know where to begin with what's wrong with this, but pretty much all of it is.

If we want to go with any time before 1986 as being "hockey at its peak", then it obviously wasn't CCM as the main company since a myriad of other companies made the jerseys and the equipment. If you go with 1986, you'd have to exclude a handful of teams, including Gretzky's Oilers (which wore Nike). If you want to go with 1996, then it would be Nike and Starter in addition to CCM, with both Nike and Starter having several premier teams. If it's 2006, then your nostalgia is sorely misplaced.

Second, specifically with jerseys, Reebok didn't sublicense CCM to do anything. Airknit was the product of Maska, which was bought by CCM, and CCM (and their holdings) was eventually bought by Reebok.

Third, the contract isn't up at the end of this season. I think there's two more years to go on it, and there's no indication of what will become of it or how it will look. The Reebok contract expires just as the NHL will begin their 100th anniversary, and if the league makes it a bigger deal than they did for the 75th anniversary in 1991-92, then the financials will be obscene.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I guess this donkey is going to go eat some oats and then bed down in the straw. Hee-haw, b****.

Junkyard -- who is the lead candidate to buy it if Adidas sells it off?

Curious to hear what word on the street is. Thanks.

adidas has stated that they would shut it down completely and take the loss if they didn't sell for their price by end of 2015.

With regards to who the lead candidate is, I have an idea of who it is that is supported by some friends in the business, but, I don't know for sure.

I'm going to keep it quiet for now, however, the company is based out of Montreal, and, is already in the hockey business.

I don't even know where to begin with what's wrong with this, but pretty much all of it is.

If we want to go with any time before 1986 as being "hockey at its peak", then it obviously wasn't CCM as the main company since a myriad of other companies made the jerseys and the equipment. If you go with 1986, you'd have to exclude a handful of teams, including Gretzky's Oilers (which wore Nike). If you want to go with 1996, then it would be Nike and Starter in addition to CCM, with both Nike and Starter having several premier teams. If it's 2006, then your nostalgia is sorely misplaced.

Second, specifically with jerseys, Reebok didn't sublicense CCM to do anything. Airknit was the product of Maska, which was bought by CCM, and CCM (and their holdings) was eventually bought by Reebok.

Third, the contract isn't up at the end of this season. I think there's two more years to go on it, and there's no indication of what will become of it or how it will look. The Reebok contract expires just as the NHL will begin their 100th anniversary, and if the league makes it a bigger deal than they did for the 75th anniversary in 1991-92, then the financials will be obscene.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I guess this donkey is going to go eat some oats and then bed down in the straw. Hee-haw, b****.

Everything I wanted to say but was hoping someone else would. Thank you. Edited by JunkyardAthletic

Airknit was the product of Maska, which was bought by CCM.

Ummmm...I'm just adding this for info, but technically it's the other way around.

Canada Cycle & Motor Co. Ltd. (CCM), facing bankruptcy, was bought out by Procylce Group Inc in 1983. They retained the bikes, but sold the hockey division of the company to Maska (originally, and often sited as GC knitting, which was renamed to Maska in '76).

Maska, who was already producing jerseys for several NHL clubs, decided to use the more popular CCM branding, and created 'CCM Holdings (1983) Inc. Maska Inc.' in '83.

Ummmm...I'm just adding this for info, but technically it's the other way around.

Canada Cycle & Motor Co. Ltd. (CCM), facing bankruptcy, was bought out by Procylce Group Inc in 1983. They retained the bikes, but sold the hockey division of the company to Maska (originally, and often sited as GC knitting, which was renamed to Maska in '76).

Maska, who was already producing jerseys for several NHL clubs, decided to use the more popular CCM branding, and created 'CCM Holdings (1983) Inc. Maska Inc.'

#buymybook!

;)

Right? Editing/proof-reading begins this weekend, whoop whoop!

I go into detail about every other brand, and there's going to be a complete evolution of CCM, but here's a little (shameless plug) excerpt -

"...needless to say, hockey was quickly evolving during the 1980s, and along with it, the jerseys began to evolve just as quickly as the game itself. In 1983, Maska Inc started producing CCM-branded jerseys, and marked the beginning of a new era in the National Hockey League, but perhaps I’m getting a little ahead of myself.

At the turn of the 20th century, a bicycle and automobile manufacturer, Canada Cycle & Motor Co. Ltd. (CCM) started using left-over steel to produce hockey skates, and, following the success of the skates, the company started making other hockey equipment, ultimately becoming its own company division.

Fast forward roughly 80 years, and a mismanaged CCM, facing bankruptcy, was sold to another bicycle company out of Quebec. The new owners then sold off the hockey division to a business man in Montreal, who, amongst other ventures, owned GC Knitting (renamed to Maska Inc circa 1976), a manufacturer of hockey jerseys.

Maska, Wilson, Stall and Dean, Rawlings, along with a bevy of lesser-name, local suppliers, are just a few examples of some of the jersey manufacturers to come out of the late 70s.

But as advertising grew rapidly in the 1980s, along with it came the evolution of marketing, greater competition, and ultimately, larger contracts to be fought for, and in 1983, the CCM* brand (CCM Holdings (1983) Inc. Maska Inc.) began to make its mark."

Edited by slimcutta
Sorry...I'll enventually stop highjacking threads ;)