Flyers to Have a New Alternate Jersey for the 2014-15 Season

thk25

Given the robust presence of Turquoise, those concepts were clearly created in the mid-90s. :blink:

Let's give thanks they were not selected for production, or the Blues' "Trumpet" sweater may not have been the only shirt that coaches would refuse to let their players wear!

Speaking of which, wonder if any of those Blues' Trumpets were kept around at all?

Apparently there is one hanging on a wall somewhere at the NHL offices.

In the back of the janitor's storage closet, or one hanging in each bathroom stall. I wasn't familiar with them, but much like the Burger King and Wild Wing jerseys, I hope someone was fired for that design.

Jerseys like the smoother us and the Buffaslug were kind of ugly, but they just didn't rise yo that level.

According to Icethetics, the guy who designed the Patriots logo and the Kings BK logo was hired to come up with new designs for the Flyers in 1995-96:

0712-phi97-loh-logo.jpg?format=750w0712-phi970-loh-jerseys.jpg?format=750w

Those are so unbelievably hideous! Just downright disgusting. I can't believe the guy at Icethetics thinks they would've been good to use haha.

I hope it looks like the 2012 WC jersey as an overall design, the logo could be different but I hope it's predominately orange and not black.

I hope it looks like the 2012 WC jersey as an overall design, the logo could be different but I hope it's predominately orange and not black.

I agree. I wouldn't hate something like the 2012 WC jersey. I never liked the black jerseys, and I love their current home/away jerseys.

here is something closer to some previously mentioned criteria..similar to the WC-2012 and a liberty bell..thoughts?

HJCOPEN-Flyers-JustinCox.jpg

I'm digging it but I feel like I would like something new rather than using the WC template. I know it's not exactly the same template but it's close enough.

I think it'll be green. Just a hunch.

Hell no. The first time it was conceptualized back in '95 it didn't even make it onto the ice. :P

flyersUnis.gif

I do have kind of a soft spot for these, though. Kinda wish the one on the right stayed as part of the third jersey program in 1996 for at least a few games.

Ah, just realized this was already brought up. Sorry :(

Edited by Nas