MeiGray Summer Sale

mds0020

Does anyone know when the MeiGray summer sale begins? I sent them an e-mail but haven't received a response. Do they usually have blank team issued available at that time? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Most of their team issue blanks seem to end up in their clearance section. If you're looking for a current style (say a Caps 2.0 wordmark) they tend to hold onto those in case they are needed by the team, and only put them on clearance once the style changes (eg. vector to wordmark). Never hurts to call them though and see.

The MeiGray summer sale will start right after the MeiGray Expo which is July 19th, 2014.

In the past summer sales I have been to (well the warehouse sale in Branchburg, NJ that kicks off their summer sale) they specifically write that there are some team blanks are not for sale.

Last year they had an entire rack of Devils banks (at least 100-200 jerseys by my estimation) that they specifically said were not for sale period.

As for discount levels I am assuming they will be the same as the previous 2 summer sales.

I also have a MeiGray question that I don't think merits a new thread, so hopefully it's okay asking it here.

There's a jersey I may pick up when they do their summer sale. It's marked as Set 1 "Game-Issued".

Does that mean it was prepared for games, but never game worn by the particular player? Is that what the term game issued means?

That is correct.

I also have a MeiGray question that I don't think merits a new thread, so hopefully it's okay asking it here.

There's a jersey I may pick up when they do their summer sale. It's marked as Set 1 "Game-Issued".

Does that mean it was prepared for games, but never game worn by the particular player? Is that what the term game issued means?

It also means the discount they offer will be less, they offer a higher percentage off the more expensive game worn stuff.

That being said, I've never had them turn down a fair offer I've made, and that's always on Game issued jerseys, as I don't collect gamers.

Edited by mfitz804

One thing worth pointing out is if a jersey on MeiGray's site has an asterisk (*) then it's being sold on consignment. Meaning MeiGray is selling it on behalf of someone else, so it's exempt from the Summer Sale / Black Friday Sale discounts.

Granted, I don't think I've ever seen a Game Issue jersey being sold on consignment, just Game Worn.

In the past 2 summer sales, the game issues from I believe 2 years or more (so this year it would be 11-12 season and prior) are 25% off while game worns from 2 years or more are 50% off.

I'd be interested in a few GI's at 50% off. Last summer I e-mailed for a best deal on some GI's and they quoted me a price that was equal to about 40% off as long as I bought 2, I was very happy with that.

The only time Game Issued jerseys were 50% off was during the Holiday Sale during the Lockout. They're either 25% or 20% off normally.

Not true. 6-7 years ago GIs were included in the sale. One year, either 2007 or 2008 I bought 4 or 5 for about $100 each.

I believe a lot of people did so, and starting in 2009 or so the GIs were no longer included in the summer sale.

At some point they are going to have to do something, as the number of Stars jerseys that are lying there, as well as a few other teams, is just ridiculous.

I would think that once you have something that has been sitting around for 5+ years with no interest, you have to do something to move it.

Not true. 6-7 years ago GIs were included in the sale. One year, either 2007 or 2008 I bought 4 or 5 for about $100 each.

I believe a lot of people did so, and starting in 2009 or so the GIs were no longer included in the summer sale.

At some point they are going to have to do something, as the number of Stars jerseys that are lying there, as well as a few other teams, is just ridiculous.

I would think that once you have something that has been sitting around for 5+ years with no interest, you have to do something to move it.

I stand corrected.

A lot of those jerseys just standing there are going to the people who attend their expo. They announced again that this year, as well as in past years, if you buy a ticket to the expo you usually get a mystery bag with a free blank authentic of a team. Last year I got a Dallas Stars vector sz 58 jersey and my gf got a Preds vector sz 58G jersey.

A lot of those jerseys just standing there are going to the people who attend their expo. They announced again that this year, as well as in past years, if you buy a ticket to the expo you usually get a mystery bag with a free blank authentic of a team. Last year I got a Dallas Stars vector sz 58 jersey and my gf got a Preds vector sz 58G jersey.

I am talking about the GIs. They have hundreds upon hundreds sitting around.

I am talking about the GIs. They have hundreds upon hundreds sitting around.

Ah well don't know what they are doing with them then.

It's funny you would think they would be more willing to move stuff but they really arent interested. Ive made competitive offers on a few jerseys (and was probably stupid to even offer what I offered in the first place) and was either ignored or rejected. There were also times I made legitimate trade offers to them, that were countered with ridiculously low low-ball offers

Edited by NYIJM29

It's funny you would think they would be more willing to move stuff but they really arent interested. Ive made competitive offers on a few jerseys (and was probably stupid to even offer what I offered in the first place) and was either ignored or rejected. There were also times I made legitimate trade offers to them, that were countered with ridiculously low low-ball offers

I once made them an offer of $500 on a Jeff Schultz Caps jersey. They stopped responding to me when I told them only took Paypal for payment. :huh:

Edited by guam64

Agreed. Last year I made what I thought was a very fair offer for 2 years that had been sitting there for 4 & 5 years respectively. Barry came back asking for about $300 more tuan I offered. They are both still sitting there and in the meantime I found others that I bought instead. I generally like dealing with them, but I have had very limited luck with non sale time offers.

Last jersey j bought was a game issued Devils.

It wasn't sale time, so I emailed and asked if they would extend the summer sale discount early, or if I should just wait for the summer.

I got the discount early. I guess it's all about how reasonable you are.

Yea, they seem to be hit or miss with offers.

For example, we all know they overcharge on UPS shipping. One time I was negotiating on a jersey, and I offered $200, they countered at $250, and I said $250 with free shipping and they wouldn't do it.

So I dropped it, and didn't accept the offer. The jersey is still sitting on the website.

Last time I made an offer was earlier this year. Saw a jersey from 2011-12 season and offered a price that was 40% off what the listed on the website. They accepted. I think it helped because I paid it in cash and avoided the shipping as I picked it up and paid in person at their office (I live about 15 min from them and work 20 min from them)

Yea, they seem to be hit or miss with offers.

For example, we all know they overcharge on UPS shipping. One time I was negotiating on a jersey, and I offered $200, they countered at $250, and I said $250 with free shipping and they wouldn't do it.

So I dropped it, and didn't accept the offer. The jersey is still sitting on the website.

I had that issue also, but I bit the bullet and bought it anyway. It was totally worth it though.

It's sad -- the two jerseys Im really after are over 7 years old and 10 years old respectively. They have multiples (at least 3) of each player I want. They have 11 of a few. MeiGray is hoarding jerseys. In what world is a Trent Hunter "worth" $250 half off?!?!

Edited by NYIJM29