It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

Vipers strike again!

First up, in honour of British hockey legend and 7-year Viper veteran/former captain David Longstaff ending his association with the Guildford Flames this week, a rarity. Never available to the public in mass production (from what I assume), only the ones off the player's backs were obtainable (again, i'm just assuming all of this. I don't know if the seller personally knew David and got it via him, or got it through the team or what). This thing is like a tent despite only being an XXL. Has the yellow parts of the sleeves cut off, so the double elbows are actually at the end of the sleeve. David Lloyd is a sports, health and leisure business that runs gyms and clubs across the UK and western Europe, and only sponsored the Vipers on their warmup/practice jerseys, rather than home/aways.

05-06 (I believe) Newcastle Vipers Practice/Warmup jersey, worn and signed by David Longstaff, size XXL

11117398_452579218230184_1377601877_n.jp

11022997_452579221563517_620082070_n.jpg

From the same seller, I also got an 05-06 away jersey. The thing I love about this is the name and number have been done with a type of thick cotton, rather than heatpressed vinyl, screenprinted, sublimated or even used twill. I also love how the name also comes on a nameplate, which is the same type of cottony material as the letters/numbers. Sponsor logo is signed by members of the team.

2005-06 Newcastle Vipers away, size XL - customised with Angelstad #24 and signed by team

11131762_452579208230185_222253936_n.jpg

11088259_452579211563518_1835413762_n.jp

11134412_452579214896851_252643268_n.jpg

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh...Longstaff.

You stole my thoughts...so I'll add:

That's what she said.

My turn to post one of these... God I love this jersey!

IMG_7290_zps1xn2zyiu.jpg

IMG_7291_zpsvshrutib.jpg

Jersey and nameplate from JB. Kit by Keener. Stitched on at Action Spot Sports. Great work all around!

Speaking of retirement jerseys here are Tony Hands MBE. He got given one and here are five for auction.

http://www.manchesterphoenix.co.uk/auctions/

I'm going to see his hopefully two last games this weekend. Over 4000 points in a 35 year career.

He couldn't play forever, but it's totally surreal to see him hang 'em up. End of an era.

Edited by LongDistanceHeart

My turn to post one of these... God I love this jersey!

Jersey and nameplate from JB. Kit by Keener. Stitched on at Action Spot Sports. Great work all around!

Love that Ducks throwback!

Speaking of retirement jerseys here are Tony Hands MBE. He got given one and here are five for auction.

http://www.manchesterphoenix.co.uk/auctions/

I'm going to see his hopefully two last games this weekend. Over 4000 points in a 35 year career.

'Delivery - Hand delivered at the Playoffs on the Saturday 4th April 2015 at Coventry Ice Dome'

I totally thought they were writing in the past tense and said that Tony delivered them at the playoffs, which led to me spending a solid 5 seconds debating what the date is

Also for some reason the 2006-2015 makes it seem like he died at the ripe old age of 9...

Edited by zooeyperry10

Very stoked about this one... Lots of game wear and tear on it! And plenty of photo-matching with all the repairs. check out the long sewn repair on the left sleeve. Photo-matching goodness!

IMG_1048_zpswzh4xgpg.jpgIMG_1049_zpshh3sdzdb.jpgIMG_1051_zpsl1gzw6sx.jpgalex5_zpshytoiyha.jpg

Wow, you have at least 4 photomatched markers in a single photo- the repair under the shoulder patch, the small hole between the 1 & 3, the loose thread on the 3, and the hole in the gray band on the sleeve. Slam-dunk match there!

Wow, you have at least 4 photomatched markers in a single photo- the repair under the shoulder patch, the small hole between the 1 & 3, the loose thread on the 3, and the hole in the gray band on the sleeve. Slam-dunk match there!

Thanks! This is definitely the best non-goalie photo-matched jersey I have.... seems like there are at least a dozen pics to photo match this one! Here's another:

95589181_zpsw01gyub3.jpg

I acquired 3 game used Tampa Bay Lightning "storm" jerseys. The 2 with the cullen patches are Dykhuis and Huscroft. The one with the all star patch is Kelly. Ill be getting 4 more of these storm jerseys next week. Those will be Puppa, Bradley, Samuleson and Croft. Super excited to have these and to be getting more

post-23080-0-61004000-1428078192_thumb.j

Holy crap that's awesome! Those are highly sought after... and you're gonna have 7?!

Yes I will have 7 of them. Well 7 game used ones. I have 1 authentic on ice dino ciccerelli Storm with the Cullen clover. So I guess Ill have 8 lol

That. Is. Incredible. I know someone on the Wantlist thread was looking for one, willing to pay quite a bit so you may want to look into that.

I acquired 3 game used Tampa Bay Lightning "storm" jerseys. The 2 with the cullen patches are Dykhuis and Huscroft. The one with the all star patch is Kelly. Ill be getting 4 more of these storm jerseys next week. Those will be Puppa, Bradley, Samuleson and Croft. Super excited to have these and to be getting more

I am going to channel all of our wives and girlfriends right now...

"Why do you need 7 of the same shirt?"

I am going to channel all of our wives and girlfriends right now...

"Why do you need 7 of the same shirt?"

"It's just a different name, why do you need more?"

Yeah. Just like that shoe collection, no need for any more right? Actually I'll steer clear of that territory, Not worth the fight...

Well, take them out of the bag to take pics! That's a good find.

I have several authentic and game worn storm jerseys, including a GW Puppa, and they are indeed sweet jerseys. The Storm jersey in a goalie cut is as good as gold and almost impossible to find.. good snag. I don't think I could ever let mine go either. :)

Let see some more pics! (out of the bags, of course)!

Edited by khabbi