eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

And this is false, their jerseys were done by Century Sports -

"The jersey was customized at Gerry Cosby's in New York. What's cool about that is that Cosby was the actual company that customized the Penguins jerseys for a few years in the late 80's."

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I did.....I sold him a 91-92 Pens black skating penguin Lemieux size 48 shirt (same as in the auction but without the patches on the back hem and with the NHL shield next to the CCM logo) and he did the same to me.

Paid in one payment (unlike Gunnarsson) but claimed he did not get the shirt and scammed me out of $330 USD after filing a claim on PayPal and winning

I regret not selling that shirt to Cowboys who had asked to purchase it from me the day after it sold on eBay...

I went ahead and blocked that guy on my eBay preferences. You guys' word is good enough for me. Appreciate your mentioning it and helping the rest of us out.

I was hoping he was being sarcastic in his post because every photo of that thing screams fake even before you zoom in on any.

Yea, that's a pretty bad fake.

It can't be seller says it is exactly what the player wear and no one on eBay ever lies. Haha

Definitely a joke lol, he says in the description, 'Help me help you'

Can't blame you guys for thinking otherwise, i didn't use MLA citation :)

nothing wrong with that.

Just pointing it out, no need to get prickly sport.

I think that's a member here?

He is, and didn't we all do the some thing? I don't blame him, especially since LA is more profitable right now in the finals. I ordered three of those.

Edited by thebiggoalie

I think that's a member here?

Yeah that's my listing. Figured everyone here saw the link and would have had an opportunity to buy one for the RCS price if they wanted one, and seeing as I am in college and need to fund my own jersey purchases somehow, the arbitrage opportunity was too good for me to pass up. I would never try to resell it on here to you guys for a profit, but if someone on eBay didn't know about the sale I figured they might be interested. Sorry if I offended anyone by doing so, but I like to keep my jersey purchases as self-sufficient as possible, so if I occasionally spot a deal on a jersey that I know I can make a profit on, I normally take it.

I'd do it 3x if I saw the sale in time.

Personally i'd just get as many as I could afford to get customized and really only the teams I follow. I don't really scramble at any and all good deals with an entrepreneurial mindset but that is just me.

Edited by Of Senators and Kings

Yeah that's my listing. Figured everyone here saw the link and would have had an opportunity to buy one for the RCS price if they wanted one, and seeing as I am in college and need to fund my own jersey purchases somehow, the arbitrage opportunity was too good for me to pass up. I would never try to resell it on here to you guys for a profit, but if someone on eBay didn't know about the sale I figured they might be interested. Sorry if I offended anyone by doing so, but I like to keep my jersey purchases as self-sufficient as possible, so if I occasionally spot a deal on a jersey that I know I can make a profit on, I normally take it.

You did nothing wrong. No reason to apologize. Edited by thebiggoalie

I don't have a problem with it if it's outside of the boards. I bought one but never got a shipping email yet. They did charge my card so I'm just waiting for it to show up

No apology necessary. You did nothing wrong. I did the same thing, as I'm sure others did too.

I have no problem with people trying to turn a profit. I really don't see how anyone can justify getting upset by that.

There is a reason many retail outlets hold limits per customer, especially when sought-after items go on sale over 50% off. KG is only selling 1 jersey, but imagine someone comes along and buys the whole stock and sells them for exactly what they were listed pre-sale or more. That's when it becomes a problem.

There is a reason many retail outlets hold limits per customer, especially when sought-after items go on sale over 50% off. KG is only selling 1 jersey, but imagine someone comes along and buys the whole stock and sells them for exactly what they were listed pre-sale or more. That's when it becomes a problem.

I don't see that as a problem. The one site would be listing them at a sale to clear stock. If someone else is willing to spend the money to risk having the stock sit around, then more power to them.

If there aren't any limits and the person buying them isn't doing anything dishonest (which flipping them at their normal price is not dishonest), then I see nothing wrong with it.

Is it annoying? Sure. Is it wrong? No.

When did I say it was wrong or illegal? It just becomes a problem for genuine buyers who in interested in the item/product for their personal use.