REEBOK 2.0s coming out this year?

mikey3319

Their catalogs have the gear. I rarely look at them and didn't know that the apparel had a separate catalog.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need a little help, on Edge 2.0 jerseys, is the thin Reebok band inside the collar black or yellow? I've seen most to have a black trim but I've seen a couple that had a yellow trim.

Black, the yellow is the indo edge from last year which is not as good.

EDIT:

I meant the lime green, is the yellow different?

Just to confirm that those lime green Indonesian made are not 2.0s. They're quite a bit different than the actual 2.0 made in Canada. Unless they're a recent all-star jersey, which did use that neon strip. And I think one other 2.0 used it. Maybe?

• 3 weeks later...

Wow thanks for repeating what chow_hound said on the page before.

Retail 1.0s and 2.0s have the same fight straps. The point is the 2.0 is the closest thing you can get to a team-issue or gamer, much closer than a 1.0 has been over the last few years.

You are incorrect. The difference between 1.0 and 2.0 fight straps are substantial:

http://prostocknation.wordpress.com/tag/fight-strap/

The retail 2.0 fight straps are the same. The game-issued/worn jerseys are different. So Akteon is correct.

Thanks. I intentionally made a point to say "Retail 1.0s and 2.0s have the same fight straps" for that reason.

Also, good job Kaiser for pointing out/illustrating the reinforced neck on the game-issued/worn jerseys. I had always assumed that was custom just for certain players.

As Angelo said, the difference is between the retail and game-issued/worn jerseys. When comparing retail jerseys to themselves, the 2.0 retail is closer to what is worn on the ice than the 1.0 retail and definitely the Indo.

*patiently prepares to wait another month for puckboy's rebuttal*

Thanks. I intentionally made a point to say "Retail 1.0s and 2.0s have the same fight straps" for that reason.

Also, good job Kaiser for pointing out/illustrating the reinforced neck on the game-issued/worn jerseys. I had always assumed that was custom just for certain players.

As Angelo said, the difference is between the retail and game-issued/worn jerseys. When comparing retail jerseys to themselves, the 2.0 retail is closer to what is worn on the ice than the 1.0 retail and definitely the Indo.

*patiently prepares to wait another month for puckboy's rebuttal*

CONFIRMED! Flyers 7287 (aka Edge 2.0) available for purchase on IceJerseys website:

http://www.icejerseys.com/products/Philadelphia-Flyers-12772/Philadelphia-Flyers-201213-Reebok-EDGE-Authentic-Home-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-(Made-in-Canada)-p7262/?pstart=1

That shot looks like a replica jersey to me. An embroidered crest that's heat-pressed rather than stitched twill. Though, it could just be a stock photo.

• 3 months later...

Wasn't sure where to put this but IJ doesn't show a listing for the 2.0 home Rangers anymore.

Could the first link (Lightning road) be a 2.0? The description diffeers from the one in the second link, a Kings jersey. Particularly the description of the features and being "Imported" versus "Made in Indonesia". The picture is also different, no green collar sizing band on the Tampa one.

Edit: Country of origin: Mexico. Haven't seen that before. Although it says India for the one made in Indonesia...

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12125292&cp=3176736&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2627029&cp=3176512&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

From what I saw most of the jerseys say "Made in Indonesia" in the description (a small few just say imported) - I just think that's their outdated basic marketing description for the Indo-Edge model 7231.

To me what's really interesting is what you stumbled onto with the "Country of Origin" information. I went through all of the authentic blank jerseys on shop.NHL.com and there were quite a few that said India (which is new) and a couple that said Mexico, and one that even said Nicaragua. There were two that listed Canada, but they were old style Pathers so I'm guessing they were Edge 1.0s.

Reebok just needs to go away. They tease us with some retail 2.0s and there's rumors they stopped production in Indonesia, but now apparently they're using India, Mexico, and Nicaragua. I can't wait for Reebok's contract to be up and let someone like Bauer step in.

Actually, this is not a new thing- I remember seeing India and Mexico listed in the descriptions at least a year ago. (I don't remember Nicaragua, but it's probably because I didn't check every team's jerseys.) I figured it was just a mistake, since no one has ever seen any jerseys with those countries printed on the collar stripes.

I agree with you though, I really hate what Reebok has done to the retail authentic market.

Wasn't sure where to put this but IJ doesn't show a listing for the 2.0 home Rangers anymore.

If any of you were willing to spend $300 for a blank retail 2.0, now is the time to call Steiner. Most low end players left in stock are for sale for $300 for game worn.

The other part of the description that caught my eye was "It's made of double knit polyester and has four-way stretch mesh, which provides a balance of ventilation and range of motion in the underarm and back areas." Underarm and back areas, aren't those the only spots on a 2.0 with 1.0-esque material?

I haven't looked at every team but this is the only one I saw with that description so far.

If any of you were willing to spend $300 for a blank retail 2.0, now is the time to call Steiner. Most low end players left in stock are for sale for $300 for game worn.

Just emailed Ken for an updated list, Louis.. LOL!