NHL Lockout.

steezyb

I'm still in shock at how stupid both these party's are. I was on the players side from day one of this and still am but honestly why can't you just freakin make a counter proposal off what the league offered last?

I dont really see how we can take sides. We cant. They are both wrong and arguing over the money--our money--so we are losing here. Not the players, not the owners, but the fans and the arena workers around the league. One of my friends is a security guard at the Coli and his hours have greatly been cut.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, more than ever, does the east coast need hockey. Baseball season is over, football games for this weekend are likely to be cancelled due to flooding and severe damage along with a lack of commuter transit. The NBA cancelled games here. A lot worse things have happened than how much money rich people are going to collect. Both sides need to step back and realize there are more important things than dollars and years. Settle the lockout so those of us who are dealing with what amounts to our Katrina can get lost in a hockey game for a couple hours.

The Giants game isnt going to be cancelled. That area wasnt affected (from what I heard) too bad plus they have 3 more days to clean up if need be.

how does it work im kind of new to this what could i be looking at $

and i have igor kravchuk game worn 1998 olympic jersey red also

Follow the Rules do not just put this in every thread ,

Hey i wanted to know if anyone could give me some advice..

I have a Pavel Bure game worn 1998 olympic jersey signed by the whole russian team from that years olympics and its red.

how much could i sell it for?

6ibtyx.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I dont really see how we can take sides. We cant. They are both wrong and arguing over the money--our money--so we are losing here. Not the players, not the owners, but the fans and the arena workers around the league. One of my friends is a security guard at the Coli and his hours have greatly been cut.

To me it is a lot like the NBA situation in that the previous agreement was not built to last. Every agreement is going to last six years, the testament to the quality of the negotiation is if it gets renewed or not.

With both the most recent CBA before 04 and the 04 CBA (along with the NBA's 05 CBA), we saw a process that led to flawed agreements. The players had to give so much immediately in 2004, that the owners conceded an unusually large chunk of revenue as a good faith way to say that if the league prospers, the players will prosper, too.

There were also gaping oversights, which were probably less actual oversights than the manipulation of wealthier owners. The "average cap hit" and the subjective, toothless manner in which cap circumvention could be punished were on that list. The rapidly accelerating cap floor was another curiosity, and I don't have a great explanation for it.

Now that the league is doing well, the owners all want a bigger share and of course the medium to small market teams have a bunch of legitimate gripes. Part of it is the fault of expansion, but not all of it. A lot of teams just cannot afford to keep up with the escalating floor and ceiling. We see the inequalities and what teams are forced to do (see Weber situation).

I still think this could have been avoided and that it is a much bigger risk than 04 with a much smaller payoff.

That said, while obviously the line is shifting toward losing the season, I have yet to speak to anyone who is surprised by this delay on either side. Even a month or two ago, most guys in management told me they were expecting the season to start somewhere between christmas and the end of the NCAA bowl season. they are on pace for that, i guess, but time is getting tight. any december games sound like less and less of a possibility.

• 1 month later...

Made my Sunday morning!

My dad came running into my room to wake me up and to tell me. I would have much rather found out around noon lol. At least he bought bagels earlier today!

My dad came running into my room to wake me up and to tell me. I would have much rather found out around noon lol. At least he bought bagels earlier today!

I told you last night it was over. Didn't believe me?!

I yelled so loud when I saw the news on Twitter. This is awesome, the only problem now is that the second the announcement was made, ticket prices on StubHub tripled....

I yelled so loud when I saw the news on Twitter. This is awesome, the only problem now is that the second the announcement was made, ticket prices on StubHub tripled....

Don't they have to rewrite the schedule though? Why would anyone buy tickets now?

Ticket prices are gonna be so high, I'm gonna go to the opener, and then sell like half my tickets to pay for my playoffs.

Playoffs? You're talking about playoffs?

I've heard it's going to pretty much all be in-division games. Supposed to start on Jan. 19th I heard. Hockey Day in Minnesota here.

Ticket prices are gonna be so high, I'm gonna go to the opener, and then sell like half my tickets to pay for my playoffs.

I might be inclined to relieve you of a few of those, depending on how much you're selling them for and where the seats are.